Chase a great variety of waves in Male as well as the Outer Atolls aboard The Perfect Wave Naera, a luxury surf charter with 8 comfortable cabins, and the option for a masseuse and a jetski.
Your Perfect Wave expert surf guide will take you to new and great waves every morning. The Naera is a spacious twin hull boat that offers comfort and luxury on the ocean.
Access to waves is made easier with you own 18m Dhoni boat and 5m Dinghy (tender).
The MV Naera is the newest addition to The Perfect Wave Maldives Charter Fleet. This spectacular catamaran with 8 air-conditioned guest cabins and is capable of cruising at night to maximise surfing time during daylight hours. The Naera offers you a unique experience to chase remote waves across the Maldives, with one of the most experienced guides in the country. Chase the waves, run away from the crowds and wake up next to a new wave in the morning.
This is a twin hull boat, so it's very stable and comfortable due to its sea-faring design. Features a bar and massive internal and external dining areas, library, Bose sound system, TV with DVD. Air conditioning is in all bedrooms. Rooms are available with a queen sized bed ideal for couples, or double bunk for families.
There is a masseuse on board, and jetski rental is available upon request (please let us know well in advance).
The Meemu, Thaa and Laamu Atolls offer spots exposed to all directions and for all levels. All spots in the Meemu Atoll are on a coast line facing to the east. There is always a left- or a right-hander well-protected from the predominant south westerly wind directions. South-easterly or even easterly winds may affect all spots negatively. All spots are close to each other so that you can change spots within a few minutes!
The Thaa Atoll picks up south-west swell and may be even bigger than spots on east facing coastlines of other atolls. Due to its secluded location, it is almost guaranteed that you will not even spot another surf charter during your stay. The spots are well protected from North to Northwest winds. Conditions may be fickle with other wind directions. This area will be chosen only in very stable weather conditions.
Spots in the Laamu Atoll are spread from the south facing coastline along the east facing up to the north-east corner where waves wrap around. As a result you will find spots protected from all wind directions except a rare straight easterly breeze.
The MV Naera is a great addition to The Perfect Wave Maldives Charter Fleet. This roomy catamaran maximise usable space for a sense of freedom on board.
- 16m Dhoni (tender)
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Night travel to maximise surf time
- Length: 25.25 metres
- Beam: 10.82 metres
- Draft: 1.40 metres
- Height: 8.6 metres
- Main Engine: 2 x 220hp with 2500rpm
- Speed: 10 knots
- Generator: 2 x Onan/Cummins 37.5KVA each
- Fresh water tank capacity: 10 000 litres
- 2 desalination systems that produce 2400 litres per day each
- Fuel tank capacity: 5000 litres
- Life jackets: 50
- On board communications: Marine UHF radio, satellite telephone, HF radio, CB radio and local cellular phone
- Emergency inflatable dinghy
- Fully equipped kitchen that can cater for 40 people
- Remote console on board compressor fills 4 tanks simultaneously
- Airport meet & greet at Male' Airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- 16m Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- A very experienced local surf guide
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Quality Assurance Guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefit - Bonus Inclusion:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra bonus:
- US$50 off your bar bill, if you are a repeat The Perfect Wave client and The Perfection Pass holder.
- Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organise your favourite brand. For reference, 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Mars Bars and Twix bars on board to purchase.
- Jetski - On Request (must be booked prior to the trip).
- A masseuse - US$45 per hour (On request - masseuse needs to be requested before the trip).
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|27 Aug 2018||05 Sep 2018||Boat charter||9 nights||0||-|
|05 Sep 2018||15 Sep 2018||Boat charter||10 nights||0||-|
Male - Central - Male
|15 Sep 2018||22 Sep 2018||Boat charter||7 nights||0||-|
|22 Sep 2018||03 Oct 2018||Boat charter||11 nights||4||US$2,719|
Central - Southern
|23 Oct 2018||31 Oct 2018||Boat charter||8 nights||0||-|
|09 May 2019||17 May 2019||Boat charter||8 nights||8||US$2,210|
Male' - Laamu
|18 May 2019||28 May 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,688|
Laamu to Male
|29 May 2019||03 Jun 2019||Boat charter||5 nights||0||-|
|03 Jun 2019||13 Jun 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,688|
Male to Laamu
|13 Jun 2019||22 Jun 2019||Boat charter||9 nights||12||US$2,724|
|23 Jun 2019||03 Jul 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,963|
|03 Jul 2019||13 Jul 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,963|
|14 Jul 2019||24 Jul 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,963|
|24 Jul 2019||03 Aug 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,688|
Laamu to Male
|03 Aug 2019||08 Aug 2019||Boat charter||5 nights||0||-|
|08 Aug 2019||18 Aug 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,688|
Male to Laamu
|18 Aug 2019||28 Aug 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,963|
|28 Aug 2019||05 Sep 2019||Boat charter||8 nights||12||US$2,485|
|05 Sep 2019||15 Sep 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,963|
|16 Sep 2019||26 Sep 2019||Boat charter||10 nights||12||US$2,963|
|19 Oct 2019||31 Oct 2019||Boat charter||12 nights||12||US$2,700|
Southern Atolls to Male'
- PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.
- The prices listed with charter dates (above table) are per person, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
- Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Sebastian (June 2016)
The Naera is a luxurious boat that we found comfortable and relaxing. We spent our days in the water and on the waves and relaxed on deck in the evenings with the other surfers.
Bradley (Aug 2016)
The Naera was an amazing experience that we would definitely do it again. We were able to surf the best waves and our surf guide was excellent.