Words, photos and clip by Grant Davis at Aloita Resort
Most of late October was very consistent with back to back medium sized SSW swells.
The pattern continued into November with a slightly larger swell on the charts.
The morning session of November 6th was near epic, solid 6-8ft barrels at Iceland and 3-5ft tunnels at Telescopes.
November 6th was 6-7ft @ 16secs 213deg, moderate SE offshore winds early tending light S later, rainy.
– Icelands 7:30am: Solid clean 5-6ft with 8ft bomb sets, surfed alone. Some of the best Icelands I saw all season, proper barrels along the whole wave.
– Tikus 10:00am : Fun clean, rippable 3-4ft with the odd bigger set, no crowd
– Telescopes 2:30pm: Slightly ruffled but still clean 3-5ft, a few locals out, super fun again getting cleaner with a barrel or two.
November 7th – 6-7ft @ 15-14secs 208deg, very light SE winds early tending moderate S winds later, sunny skies.
– Telescopes 7:30am: Super clean, still 3-4ft with larger sets, 4 other people, great morning of fun waves.
– Icelands 10:30am: Glassy 4-6ft, 2 locals, slightly fatter than the day before but still a lot of push and a few barrels.
– Icelands 3:00pm: Messy 4-5ft, no crowd, only a short surf to finish the day.
Photos by Grant Davis at Aloita Resort