- Click Region for Resorts, Camps and BoatsMaldivesNorth & South Male AtollsCentral AtollsSouthern AtollsAfricaMoroccoSouth AfricaSenegalCape VerdeSri LankaHikkaduwa & South/West CoastArugam Bay & East CoastIndonesiaBaliMentawaiLakey Peak & SumbawaLombokWest Java & PanaitanNorth & South SumatraRoti & TimorWest PapuaSumbaAsia & Sub-ContinentTaiwanPhilippinesCentral AmericaNicaraguaCosta RicaEl SalvadorMexicoGuatemalaEuropePortugalFranceSpainCanary IslandsIrelandMadeiraIcelandSouth PacificFijiSamoa & TongaNew CaledoniaTahitiRemote PacificPapua New GuineaCaroline IslandsSolomon IslandsNew Frontier Exploration
- Surf Packages
- Contact Us
Ocean Spray Inch MarlowFrom£ 76 Per night (hotel)for 7 nights
From £ 76 Per night (hotel) for 7 nightsFrom£ 76 Per night (hotel)for 7 nights
Most spots break onto flat coral reefs or on beautiful sandy beaches.
A 10 minute walk north of Bathseba is a mellow beachbreak called Sandbank - ideal for beginners when small.
Soup Bowls is actually located in Bathseba which is the islands most famous spot. It almost always has at least head-high surf and although it is often onshore, it's a powerful and hollow wave. Respect the locals who surf it extremely well and watch out for the rocks and urchins on the inside.
Just south of Soup Bowl is Parlors, similar to Soup Bowls.
Tent Bay is a powerful left-hander and Ragged Point is a good beachbreak best surfed on a mid to high tide.
Surfer's Point is a fun left with easy walls to surf.
Freights propably has the best lefts on the south coast and it works best on a big south swell.
On the north west tip of the island is Duppies which is consistent and a right - possibly the best wave after Soup Bowls on the island.
The best season for ground swell is from late October to March, when 2-12 ft ( 0,5 - 4m) N-NE swells wrap around the northern tip of the island to produce clean 1-10 ft ( 0,3 - 3m) waves on the W coast and bigger onshore waves on the east coast. The other main swell source is the E wind, which consistently kicks up 2-5 ft swells. Sometimes they get big enough to wrap onto the S coast where they clean up dramatically. The wind occurs yearound so you're likely to find a rideable wave most days. Barbados is situated too far south to get hit by hurricanes, but their swell often reaches the east coast and when they're big can light up the southern tip, as well. From June to October, it's mainly flat on the south coast. The prevailing wind comes from between the NE-SE for 50-70% of the time. NE is more common than SE, except in the summer months. Throughout the year the mornings will often be glassy with residual wind swell offering superb conditions. Despite smal tidal variations, most of the best surf occurs at low tide, especially on the south coast.
- Surf Camps
- Luxury Surf Trip
- Surf Charters
- Kingfisher - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Hamathi - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Haira - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Cobia - Outer Atolls, Maldives
- Just Dreaming - West Java
- Bohemian Baru - Mentawai
- KM D'Bora - Mentawai
- Melaleuca - Mentawai
- Naga Laut - Mentawai
- Aileoita - Mentawai
- Tengirri - Mentawai
- Peluru - Mentawai
- Nusa Dewata - Mentawai
- Indocean - Lombok & Sumbawa
- Moggy - Bali & Lembongan
- Sri Noa Noa - Sumba & Roti
- Stellar - Fiji
- EFBE Croisiers - Caribbean
- Surf Charters