- Click Region for Resorts, Camps and BoatsMaldivesNorth & South Male AtollsCentral AtollsSouthern AtollsAfricaMoroccoSouth AfricaSenegalCape VerdeSri LankaHikkaduwa & South/West CoastArugam Bay & East CoastIndonesiaBaliMentawaiLakey Peak & SumbawaLombokWest Java & PanitanNorth & South SumatraRoti & TimorWest PapuaSumbaAsia & Sub-ContinentTaiwanPhilippinesCentral AmericaNicaraguaCosta RicaEl SalvadorMexicoGuatemalaEuropePortugalFranceSpainCanary IslandsIrelandMadeiraIcelandSouth PacificFijiSamoa & TongaNew CaledoniaTahitiRemote PacificPapua New GuineaCaroline IslandsSolomon IslandsNew Frontier Exploration
- Surf Packages
- Contact Us
Bali Boats and Resorts
Remote Pacific Boats and Resorts
Central America Boats and Resorts
Europe Boats and Resorts
Maldives Boats and Resorts
Indonesia Boats and Resorts
Australia & New Zealand Boats and Resorts
- Best Price Guarantee: If you find one of our packages cheaper anywhere else, we will match it!
- Our customer service promises to you!
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance.
- 24 hrs response time on enquiries.
- We will go above and beyond the call of duty every time, nothing is too much trouble.
- Guaranteed start to finish service for every client. We will be with you all the way, until you get home.
- Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable team members.
- We are passionate surfers that frequently travel to the destinations, and stay with the resorts, camps, boats that we represent.
- Extremely experienced travel consultants, each with a minimum of between 5 years to 10 years working in the industry.
- We have intimate and extensive destination knowledge.
- Established and valued relationships with the best surf operators on the planet!
- Fully licensed, accredited and financially secure international travel agency.
- Member of the Travel Compensation Fund that ensures your money is protected!
- Respected, reputable quality surf travel brand.
- Largest range of surf trips on offer from Australia.
- Wholesale Flights – we will get you the best possible with affiliated airline and increased luggage allowance.
- Competitive prices and value for money.
- Constantly updated information on specials and surf related topics – available through our monthly newsletter, Facebook, Blog, or Twitter.
- Referral Program – refer a friend and receive $100 credit per booking for your next trip.
- Paperless Documents Scheme - we save paper by sending out electronic travel documents unless you request otherwise.
- The Perfection Pass - The world's first frequent surfer program with exclusive discounts and benefits as well as points earned for $$ spent with us that can be used towards future trips.
- New Surf Experience HQ is conveniently located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches – if you’re a local, you’re welcome to drop in and say hello. 3/20 West St, Brookvale, NSW, 2100.
- Avoid scams and risks you are exposed to when booking directly or with an online-booking portal.
Best Price Guarantee - Terms & Conditions
The Perfect Wave builds relationships with our surf experience operators around the world to get you the best deal. It is a common misconception that it should be more expensive to book your holiday through a qualified agent – but here at The Perfect Wave, we don’t charge you booking fees, so there is no reason we wouldn’t have the same price or a cheaper price than any of our competitors.
Best Price Guarantee applies to genuine quotes from airlines for flights and Australian registered businesses and websites for travel that originates/departs from Australia. Flights should be purchased in conjunction with minimum $500 land component. Quote must be for comparable holiday packages – i.e. same dates and inclusions. Quote must be available and able to be booked by the general public when you bring it to us. Prices available due to membership of a group or corporate entity or subscription to a closed group are excluded. Full group discounts cannot be applied to single bookings or groups which do not meet specified group number requirements. Quote must be in writing and must be presented to us prior to booking.
Best Price Guarantee is only valid at the time of booking - once deposit has been accepted, booking is complete and no further discounts can be considered.
At the perfect wave, we believe that the surf holidays that we put together and run are a truly unique experience and instead of being a "surf travel company" we like to think of ourselves as the only "Surf Experience company". That is why we continuly pioneer the surf experiences that are now widely used across the industry. Here at the Perfect Wave we have created such experinces that ensure that not only are your surf holidays remembered forever but they change and enhance your life.
PLEASE CONTACT US BY CLICKING THE ENQUIRY BUTTON ON THE TOP OF ANY PAGE!
New Surf Frontier Exploration in Pacific
Whilst the exact location of where this trip will be going is being kept a closely guarded secret we can tell you that it is an equatorial region in the South Pacific made up of nearly a thousand islands. The islands range from thick impenetrable jungle to tiny coral islets with a myriad of reef passes and coral atolls to explore.
The entire area is virtually untouched by the surfing world. While we have heard whispers from intrepid sailors of perfect waves and pristine waters we are yet to visit the area ourselves. So how do we know there are waves there? Over the last few years we have done a lot of research on the area, monitored swell and wind information and studied the charts. We were also fortunate enough to talk to an intrepid Australian traveller who managed to reach part of the island a few years back, his reports were that he saw perfect waves everywhere, he just didn’t have any boards with him!
So if you want to be part of surfing history and in years to come own the story “I was one of the first people to ever surf there” then this trip is for you.
The area we are heading to will pick up the same fantastic Autumn swells that hit places like Fiji. These swells originate in the Southern Ocean and have a long way to travel before they reach the exploratory region so, like Fiji they should be groomed to perfection by the time they arrive.
Water temperatures are expected to be in the 26-30 degree Celsius range and air temperatures the same. Evening temperatures can drop to the low 20’s. Expect high humidity and tropical sunshine.
Surfing the equatorial regions of PNG and the South Pacific can deliver a huge range of waves. From the most perfect barrels to reeling points and postcard perfect reef breaks other areas visited in the past have delivered it all. Given the nature of the trip, being an exploration, we are not 100% sure what we will find. If history is any guide and the experience of the crew anything to go by there will be some jewels to add to surfing’s crown on this trip!
Surfers need to be competent to take on reef breaks but not expert. If you are comfortable surfing places like Indonesia, Fiji or the Maldives then you will be well suited to this trip. If you are a pro surfer who wants to push the limits I am hoping we can discover something to put your skills to the test.
Our Euro Directors Suzi Allen and Barry Teeling on a Maldives boat trip 2012! There are some nice perks working at TPW!
Our Euro Managing Director Barry Teeling (left) with the great Gerry Lopez and Jamie Gray the founder of The Perfect Wave (right)
The Perfect Travel Group was founded by Jamie Gray and Rhonda Burton in January 2007. Jamie’s 15 years experience working in the hospitality & tourism industry and Rhonda’s 8 years at Flight Centre in management roles, plus their 17 years each of travelling experiences and Jamie’s immense love and addiction to surfing and skiing, gave the businesses all the knowledge required to be a success from day 1.
The Perfect Wave’s first office was a pokey little spare room under Jamie’s house in the Northern Beaches of Sydney, furnished with desks, chairs and cabinets that were being thrown out by Rhonda’s old Flight Centre store in a renovation. Today, the Australian Headquarters are still in our beloved Northern Beaches, but are now a 2 storey Surf Experience HQ with couches and flat screen TV to go through surf holidays with welcome clients, and office space for our passionate and dedicated team of 16.
Fast forward 7 years and having partnered with Barry Teeling, a passionate surfer, traveller and property professional in 2010, the vision was set to grow the business to be the largest surf travel company in the world and build the operations arm of the company. Having offices in Australia, Europe, Japan, New Zealand, The Maldives and Indonesia with other offices to open in late 2014 in the USA and South Africa, we have already have achieved many goals. Our goals were built on one major philosophy - create raving loyal fans.
With staff in excess of 30 servicing thousands of happy clients, we strive every day to create new and exciting surf experiences that give our clients something more than just a holiday or surf trip... experiences that have the potential to be life-changing. We have also invented the first ever surfer rewards program – Perfection Pass - to reward our repeat clients, and give something back for every trip you do.
The company has moved into operations in 2009 in the Maldives with a partnership with long time operator Brian James and Core Travel with a view to extending the service level to client’s entire holidays completing the value chain. We have already built the Maldives operation to one of the largest in the country with 4 full time charter boats, the first surf camp in the Maldives and resort surf programs. As the sales agent and the operator, we will ensure our clients are for life - not just for one holiday.
- Surf Camps
- Luxury Surf Trip
- Surf Charters
- Kingfisher - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Hamathi - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Haira - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Cobia - Outer Atolls, Maldives
- Just Dreaming - West Java
- Bohemian Baru - Mentawai
- KM D'Bora - Mentawai
- Melaleuca - Mentawai
- Naga Laut - Mentawai
- Aileoita - Mentawai
- Tengirri - Mentawai
- Peluru - Mentawai
- Nusa Dewata - Mentawai
- Indocean - Lombok & Sumbawa
- Moggy - Bali & Lembongan
- Sri Noa Noa - Sumba & Roti
- Stellar - Fiji
- EFBE Croisiers - Caribbean
- Surf Charters