27 August - 5 September 2018
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to surf and just hang out with a true legend of our sport. Occy will be joined by his son, Jay Occhilupo (15 years old) who shares his dad's ability and enthusiasm both in and out of the water. This multi-generational trip will be blast for both experienced surfers and their young rippers.
No Australian surf icon has captured the hearts and minds of as many people as Mark Occhilupo. Occy is one of surfing's greats, he blew the surfing world away when he captured the world title in 1999 at the age of 33. It was one of the greatest comeback stories in world sport. He is still one of the most popular surfers in the world, known as warm-hearted, funny, entertaining, kind, caring... and all round waterman that is as stoked on surfing as ever.
Occy will be there with you the entire charter to share his experience, knowledge, stories and good times. He’ll help you improve your surfing with honest advice, keep you entertained at stories from his surfing life and share a beer at the bar.
Your Perfect Wave expert surf guide will take you to new and great waves every morning.
This spectacular catamaran with 10 air-conditioned cabins and is capable of cruising at night to maximise surfing time during daylight hours. The Naera offers you a unique experience to chase remote waves across the Maldives, with one of the most experienced guides in the country. Chase the waves, run away from the crowds and wake up next to a new wave in the morning.
This is a twin hull boat, so it's very stable and comfortable due to its sea-faring design. Features a bar and massive internal and external dining areas, library, Bose sound system, TV with DVD and AC in all 10 bedrooms. Rooms are available with a queen sized bed ideal for couples of double bunk for families.
The MV Naera is the newest addition to The Perfect Wave Maldives Charter Fleet. This catamaran is capable of cruising at night to maximise surfing time during daylight hours
- 16m Dhoni (tender)
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Night travel to maximise surf time
- Length: 25.25 metres
- Beam: 10.82 metres
- Draft: 1.40 metres
- Height: 8.6 metres
- Main Engine: 2 x 220hp with 2500rpm
- Speed: 10 knots
- Generator: 2 x Onan/Cummins 37.5KVA each
- Fresh water tank capacity: 10 000 litres
- 2 desalination systems that produce 2400 litres per day each
- Fuel tank capacity: 5000 litres
- Life jackets: 50
- On board communications: Marine UHF radio, satellite telephone, HF radio, CB radio and local cellular phone
- Emergency inflatable dinghy
- Fully equipped kitchen that can cater for 40 people
- Remote console on board compressor fills 4 tanks simultaneously
- 8 nights boat charter for best available surf breaks in the Male Atolls
- Trip hosted by Mark Occhilupo and Jay Occhilupo
- Unlimited surf transfers with Dhoni and Tender
- Airport meet & greet by TPW ground services
- Group return Male airport transfers. (individual transfers at extra cost)
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- All meals + tea & coffee
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 16m Dhoni (tender)
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Western Surf Experience Manager & Surf Guide
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Service guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- Photography service by Andy Potts.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand. For reference 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Mars Bars and Twix bars on board to purchase.
- Jetski - US$200 per day
- A maseusse - US$45 per hour
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
|27 Aug 2018||05 Sep 2018||9 nights||14||-|
- PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.
- Price is based on earlybird special - Book before December 30 2016
- Prices are quoted per person and based on a minimum of 10 full fare guests travelling. If minimum numbers not met, price may be adjusted with small group surcharge
- Prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Wow. Best trip of a lifetime. Charlie looked after everything perfectly on The Perfect Wave's end, and Aloita was in a class of its own. The waves - perfect. Better than the pictures. The food - almost too much to handle. It is better than they describe. The staff - so accommodating and hospitable, it has a tropical island feel about it but the staff make you feel as if you were home. We were pretty stoked they got satellite tv installed the week before we got there - live footy, beers and a pool table after a few surfs. Living the dream as we kept saying. Thanks to everyone at The Perfect Wave and Aloita Resort for making it the best time.
Trip was unreal, Ben TPW, Stu Swellnet and of course Occy were great. Was an absolute blast.
I have used The Perfect Wave for both land based and boat trips and Marie and TPW team have always gone above and beyond for me. The Occy trip was amazing from start to finish and can't wait for my trip next year on the Quest 1. I also plan to do the Occy trip again next year. To be able to spend a week with Occy was a lifetime experience.
Wow!!!! Surfing perfect waves with WORLD CHAMPION, PIPELINE MASTER MARK OCCHILUPO, doesn't get any better!!! I traveled to the Mentawai islands with "The Perfect Wave " during a perfect season of waves, wind and weather. Traveling with the legends "OCCY", The Perfect Wave's 'Ben Horvath and Swellnet's Stu Nettle. Occy with his tips on board design and surfing technique, Ben taking us to destinations found by the true explorers and Stu predicting wave height, swell direction, wind speed and direction with the latest wave forecasting technologies. The "Aloita Resort " was spectacularly located with its private beaches, perfect waves at your doorstep and cold Bintang in the "Liquid Lounge". We scored perfect waves everyday and surfed for hours only to return to the resort to relax with a massage or a yoga class to stretch and get ready for the next surf. The nights were filled with laughter and stories of the wave of the day with internationally known photographer Andy Potts displaying footage from the day's adventure on the big screen TV with shots from the boat, in the water camera and even a helicopter drone that would follow you as you flew down the line. I now have photos of some of the best waves I have ever surfed and will surely be plastered on my walls so as to never forget the waves, the local communities, the radical surfers I travelled with and the beautiful island I stayed on. All thanks to "The Perfect Wave". Grab your board coz perfect waves are out there!!!!
Ten days on a boat with 10 mates, surfed everyday, swam with dolphins and turtles, 29 degrees in the water, 29 degrees air temperature, great crew, chilled out surf guide, heaps of great food and a bar. Need i say more.
My holiday with The Perfect Wave was all I had hoped for and more. I came home feeling completely satisfied, and looking forward to my next adventure.
We had an amazing trip to the Maldives with the Perfect Wave. We had beautiful, uncrowded waves everyday. Thank you!
My trip to the Maldives with The Perfect Wave was amazing! It is an experience I will never forget. I stayed on the boat, Haira, for a week and then spent a few nights at Kandooma. Both were amazing. Our surf guide knew the spots that would suit us best taking into account, surf conditions, crowds and our experience and I definitely feel like a better surfer. Both accommodation and food were great. I'm dreaming of my next trip.
TPW provided a once-in-a-lifetime surfing experience with amazing variety of waves and the boat was awesome! The food on the boat was simply delicious.