Anthony Walsh joins the Oasis team this season on the perfect barrel riding adventure throughout the Mentawai islands. Join Anthony as we track and chase down the biggest and best waves available throughout our swell window.
Sit back and let Walshy fine tune your surfing, learn tips on capturing video and photos of your perfect wave with Gopro, board mounts, drones, and DLSR. Enjoy great food and cold beers as you relive your day of epic rides with daily slideshows and video analysis.
The Oasis team have many years of experience surfing and searching for waves throughout the region. Together with Walshy, we will be 100% dedicated to finding the best waves on each day, allowing all riders the chance to score the perfect Mentawai barrel and wave riding experience while pushing their limits and ability to the next level.
Late June is the peak time for large, long - period Indian ocean swells and armed with our arsenal of camera equipment, we will set out to score and film the best rides we can. Macaronis, Greenbush, Lances right, Rags and No Kandui are just a handful of the locations available for us to surf, learn tips on tracking swells and staying safe while finding your perfect wave and scoring your ultimate ride.
Whether it is your first time in Indo or you are a seasoned veteran in the area, jump on board and score some epic video and photos with Anthony Walsh and the Oasis team this year. Photo and videographer Andy Potts will also be aboard shooting in the water, on the boat and with a drone. There will be plenty of possibilities for sponsor coverage, editorial stories in magazines and on various swell forecasting websites.
- 4 private cabins all with their own a/c units for individual comfort.
- 2 bathrooms / 3 showers.
- Spacious open-air upper deck.
- Fishing and snorkelling gear.
- Media room: Flat-screen TV, DVD player & pumping stereo.
- Dining Room
- Shaded Decks.
- Leght: 80ft.
- Cruising speed: 9-11 knots.
- Engine: twin Mitsubishi 8DC9's with 320 HP each.
- Generator: Two Mitsubishi PS100 220 volt.
- Radio: ICOM SSB.
- Radar: Furuno.
- GPS: Furuno.
- Coast Guard approved 20-man life raft.
- Flares, smoke and emergency alarms.
- 18 foot Aluminium tender
- 8 foot inflatable dingy
*Optional – Santai - 21 foot speedboat for hire US$100 per day plus fuel; has dual 200HP outboards to run medium distance daily excusions
- Return airport transfers.
- 11 nights onboard accommodation.
- 3 hearty meals a day.
- Some snacks and beverages.
- 3 beers/day.
- Mentawai zone permits.
- Use of onboard equipment for fishing and snorkelling.
- GoPro tips and tricks with host Anthony Walsh. Lessons, shooting, editing and mounting help. Walshy will bring a bunch of GoPro mounts and accessories for people to use.
- Video analysis of all footage.
- Barrel riding tips or any other surfing tips you may ask for...Equipment, wave positioning, slow motion video training.
- Andy Potts will also be shooting video and photos: follow cam, drone, in-water shots.
- Full video, photo and edit package included.
- Prizes including GoPro, Imperial Motion clothing, Refuel Battery accessories, Ocean and Earth accessories.
|17 Jun 2019||28 Jun 2019||11 nights||10||US$3,010|
- Price is per person and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Please click Enquire Online to email us, or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
- Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.