Samoareceives south swell all year round from both Antarctic ground swells from New Zealand and locally generated tropical activity. These swells come from deep in the ocean and pound Samoa’s coral reefs, often creating steep takeoffs and hollow tubes. Generally, Samoa is recommended for intermediate to advanced surfers due to its powerful, heavy surf and sharp, shallow reefs. From December to February, northern swells travel from Hawaii to hit the north coast. The south coast of Upolu boasts some superb surf spots such as Coconuts, Devil’s Island, Siumu, Village Lefts and Resorts.
Sinalei Reef Resort is found on the south coast of Samoa’s main island of Upolu. The coastline it’s situated on is world famous for its clear turquoise water with shady coconut palms fringing stretches of white sand. Sinalei is set in 33 acres of landscaped grounds – a haven where guests can relax and find peace and inspiration. They offer good variety of accommodation from Garden and Oceanview Fales to Honeymoon and Presidential Villas.
- Meet & Greet at Airport with a “lei of flowers”.
- Return airport transfers (complimentary for minimum 5-night stays).
- Daily full tropical breakfast, 2-course lunch, afternoon tea, 3-course dinner.
- Use of snorkels, kayaks, canoes, tennis courts and golf course.
Coconuts Beach Club is a unique mix of local materials, island luxury and comfort on the south coast of Upolo with some of islands best surf breaks within easy reach. Coconuts can arrange for surf guiding as most of the breaks around the island are reef breaks and must be accessed by boat. The surf guides can take you out on their own boats and show you the best Samoa has to offer. Coconuts is blessed with several breaks within paddling distance of the resort.
- Breakfast, lunch (including picnics) and 3-course dinner.
- Unlimited glasses of beer, house wine or soft drinks at lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary mini bar – beer, wine bottled water and soft drinks. Re-stocked daily!!
- Use of kayaks, snorkelling equipment and local bus tickets to/from Apia.
- Return airport transfers.
- Government surcharges.
Sa’Moana Resort provides beachside accommodation and caters for up to 26 guests in ‘3 Star’ rated fales (bungalows) with private facilities and a decor in vibrant Polynesian tones to complement the fales timber features. Singles, couples, groups and families are all catered for with accommodation for 2, 3, 4 and 6-bed configurations. There is a great diversity of wave types ranging from medium to long point breaks like Village Lefts or Missions to the bowling barrels of Cocos and a great imitation of Hawaii’s Sunset at Tiavea.
- Airport transfers.
- Tropical & full hot breakfast.
- All taxes.
Aganoa Beach Retreat is tucked away in an idyllic spot, off the beaten track in the village of Palauli. Relax in the shade, work on your tan on our beautiful white sandy beach, take a dip in the pristine ocean or just relax in your fale with a book. Keith, an Aussie and his Samoan wife, Lanuola, together with their children and team operate this retreat on the big island of Savaii in Samoa.
- Accomodation in a Beach or Garden Fale.
- Return transfers from/to Savaii ferry terminal.
- Daily breakfast and dinner.
- Mosquito nets.
- Spring mattresses and linen + towels.
- Ensuite or shared facilities with hot water.
- Beachfront bar.
- Savaii Education Fund contribution.
International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect Wave is a licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package. Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we receive best wholesale rate flight prices to Samoa.
- All above prices are per person prices in AUD and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Packages prices for non-surfers are available on request.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please call us on 1300 00WAVE to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.