Hope this letter finds you well. The southern hemisphere is still bombing and Chicama is expecting a huge swell for the 30th of August J. Things have been going very good for us this year 2011 and 97% of our clients stated that service in general was excellent; the same number said that food was excellent too.
We have also created a nice video about the experience our guests will find when being pampered at the Chicama Surf Resort.
What´s new at Chicama:
1. Restaurant: We have increased our ”A la Carte Menu” from 12 dishes we had to over 31 new dishes. Now your guest can choose from the traditional Ceviche to Stroganoff beef, passionfruit chicken, Cesar’s salad and other specialties prepared by our chefs.
2. Activities: 4 new Quad Bikes. These vehicles will take you along the Chicama desert, guided by an experienced local guide, just for the days where there is no surf. Also we have 2 brand new double suspension Mountain bikes, ready to get dirty.
3. Surfboards for Rental: We have closed a good deal with Coastal Surf Designs. We have 8 new Surf boards, from 9’6” epoxy and Poli long-boards to fast and manoeuvrable short-boards directly from Hawaii (Hawaiian Blades / Hawaiian Designs / Andrus). I’ve tried them and they rock!!!
4. Massages: During the past years we have been only offering a single sort of massage, which we now call The “Post Aqua” massage. This massage was designed for back relaxation after a long day of surf. Now we are also able to offer a set of different types of massages from Hot stone massages, to full body relieving massages and even manicure and pedicure for the ladies.
5. Management: We’ve created a new position at the resort, the Host Manager, this position has been taken by Christian, a lost German in Peru, who has been living here and working in the tourism business for over 5 years now. The position was created to provide a better connection between the guest and the hotel – that is why we have chosen a foreigner that really knows the ins and outs of the place and what are travellers’ needs.
6. SWELL Photos: Our friend and local photographer ”El Zorro” has been taking daily photos to our guests in the water. The deal is always directly with him and the guest, but we have established with him a suitable price for a whole disc that can have more than 100 photos to choose from, for only US$50 or for single pics US$8 each. This is a way we are also helping the community with an income source and also providing our guest with the best souvenir a surfer can take back home, a good photo album of Chicama!!!
Hope you the best and keep in touch,