Sri Noa Noa is a 46’ single-masted schooner built in Benoa / Bali that will take you to all the breaks of Sumba, Savu, Rote & Timor, most of which are only accessible by sea. Plan your own itinerary & surf legendary waves including T-Land & Miller’s Right and many more lesser known breaks where their dinghy will drop you right at the waves. The Sri Noa Noa is designed for small groups of family and/or friends with a maximum of 4 – 6 guests.
Also known as God’s Left for good reason. The wave out the front of Nihi Sumba Resort works at any size, but the bigger the better and it gets extremely fast and hollow at low tide.
Located in Tarimbang this is probably Sumba’s most ridden wave. The fast, hollow sections on the long righthander split the crowd and there are also softer shoulder sections for surfers of all abilities riding all crafts.
|Exclusive Charter 2020 & 2021||Open Boat|
|930 USD/night for 3 people||230 USD/person/night|
|1040 USD/night for 4 people|
|1150 USD/night for 5 people|
|1260 USD/night for 6 people|
- Open Boat Trips are perfect for single travelers and/or smaller groups who don’t mind to share with other guests
- Open Boat Trips need 3 guests minimum to guarantee departure
- Open Boat Trips are only possible on selected trips – contact us for more details
- Relocation Fee: Please note that a 200 USD per day relocation fee may apply for guests who want an itinerary outside the regular schedule. This will be clarified once dates and itinerary are confirmed. The maximum possible relocation time is 4 days.
WHAT’S INCLUDED / WHAT NOT
- Accommodation on Sri Noa Noa
- 3 delicious meals per day plus fruits, snacks, water, juices & soft drinks
- 3 beers per person per day
- Transfer by car to / from the boat to / from the nearest local airport
- Use of all onboard equipment (snorkeling and fishing equipment)
- All permits and licences
- Travel insurance (comprehensive insurance is mandatory on all our trips – we recommend an insurance incl. trip cancelation)
- Any airfares to your starting point
- Any relocation fees that may apply
- Other minor fees (e.g. Komodo National Park entrance fees)
- Photography package
- 75 USD per person Photography Package – your Captain Heri is an accomplished photographer and will provide your trip photos for a fraction of the usual rates on boat trips (Please pay directly onboard & bring a flash drive).
Sri Noa Noa was built in 1977 by Philippe Petinaud, a French Ex Olympic and Americas Cup sailor. He explored the area by sailing aboard Sri Noa Noa for several years to come. Back in the 70s, Indonesia was a land full of exotic miracles and wild adventures. A pure paradise for sailors and adventurers: Pristine, untouched scenery. As it turned out, Sri Noa Noa was a perfect base for such "chartered" surf boat trips. Classic Indo Surf Charter Sri Noa Noa is refurbished and immaculately maintained. However you still feel all the adventure and history breathing through the old teak wood. In general, we like to keep things simple, Sri Noa Noa is therefore not a luxury boat. Also, there are other boats which provide more space (some have private cabins for everyone, which Sri Noa Noa does not have on offer for everybody - unless you are up to group of up to 4, then everybody has more privacy). Also, the dining table is still rather rustic these days, most of our guest usually enjoy it this way however and wouldn't want to change it.
A perfect wave might be for many of us surfers a barreling, smoking wave, the bigger the better. We listen. But this is not for everybody. Other passionate surfers prefer more mellow waves. Some of our guests are even beginner surfers, stoked grommets, fired up kids or senior folks on longboards. We listen. We will explore the right kind of waves that are perfect for your personal style and riding level.
Our cruising trips are perfect for families or small group of friends: Enjoy a few simple days of sailing the indonesian ocean, snorkeling crystal clear wates, hiking the national parks, spot incredible wildlife such as the famous Komodo Dragons and so much more! Fish is regularly caught and always cooked fresh for dinner on our BBQ or served as Sashimi or Ceviche – you decide!
The Sri Noa Noa is a classic teak schooner that is single masted (rear mast removed in 2012). The Sri Noa Noa was built in Benoa in 1977 by Philippe Petiniaud, an ex-Olympic and America’s Cup sailor and modern-day adventurer. The Sri Noa Noa combines traditional construction techniques with plenty of amenities needed for a surf charter trip to make for a great boat trip for guests who prefer smaller groups.
Construction: Hull made from Ironwood, interior from Teak
Engine: Yanmar Diesel
Cruising speed : 6 knots max
Power: Solar powered with a backup generator
Safety: GPS & Sonar, SSB & VHF radios, EPIRB, flares, Furuno 16NM radar, fire extinguishers, life jackets, first aid kit and life rings.
Berths: 1 Double and 5 Single
Bathrooms: inside toilet, shower and wash basin and outside shower and toilet.
Tender: 4 m aluminum dinghy