If you're hoping to break into the world of surfing, Surf Camp Australia will have you ripping up the waves in no time. They have a team of experienced surfers ready to teach the basics, and offer all inclusive packages combining classes with beach side accommodation. Their multi-day beginner progressive surfing lessons are for everyone. Surf Camp teaches paddling, standing up, dropping into waves and riding across them. You can expect to stand up and ride your first wave on the first day. The longer you stay the more you learn, and Surf Camp can teach you the skills necessary to surf forever!
After a full day of surfing, you can relax at their purpose built Surf Camp. They provide accommodation that is clean and comfortable and just a short walk to the beach. Each cabin is dorm share (max seven beds) with a cool balcony for chill time. All bedding & fresh linen is provided so you don’t need to bring sheets, pillow cases or sleeping bags.
There is also a permanently shaded, outdoor-dining-and-entertainment area located in the center of the cabins. This area is equipped with a large screen TV and stereo where there is always music or a surfing movie playing. Surrounded by palm trees and hammocks, it’s a great place to hang out and relax between surfing lessons and at meal time.
Surf Camp's accommodation is right on the beach, making hitting the waves as easy as rolling out of bed. The camp is located in Gerroa, near Seven Mile Beach. Only 130km or 2 hours from Sydney, Seven Mile Beach is Australia’s best “learn to surf” beach. It consistently delivers ideal surf conditions for beginner surfers. This location combined with Surf Camp's expert instruction and high quality surfing equipment provide the ultimate surf experience.
Surf Camp Accommodation Highlights:
- Clean & comfortable dorms
- Close to the beach
- Outdoor dining & entertainment area
- Internet access
- Private / double upgrades available
- Swimming pool
Other accommodation facilities include hot showers, a swimming pool, internet access, a laundry & the cafe. Upgrades to a private/double room are available.
Surf & Other Activities
Surf Camp is about one thing: surfing! They offer a range of packages, from weekends away to full, week long trips hitting up some of the east coast's best beaches.
In all packages, you can expect to:
- Learn to surf waves not just stand up!
- Learn faster with daily technique correction via video coaching
- Learn ocean knowledge and wave selection
- See yourself surf on the daily videos!
- High performance coaching techniques adapted for the beginner
- Learn how to surf fast!
- Catch unbroken waves & take the drop!
- The safest & easiest waves to learn on in Australia
- You will turn and feel why “only a surfer knows the feeling”
- Surf left and right breaking waves
- Learn Surfing Etiquette! Essential for all new surfers
- Learn how to identify the best waves, rips and currents
- Learn board design. Know what board is right for you
- Fully qualified coaches
- Surfing Australia accredited surf school
- Safety 1st Policy – all staff surf rescue trained
After a day on the waves, the best way to relax is to enjoy a drink over the sunset at the local pub in Gerroa with ocean views, up the road from Surf Camp. There is always plenty of quiet space for those looking for a chilled-out experience.
A few facts about Gerroa:
Home of World No.2 Female surfer, Sally Fitzgibbons. She developed her surfing in Gerroa!
The National Park is home to an array of wildlife including: honeyeaters, rosellas, kookaburras, kangaroos, echidnas, dolphins.
In the 1860′s Seven Mile Beach was a venue for horse, car and bike racing
In 1894 gold was reputedly discovered
1933 saw Sir Kingsford Smith use the beach as a runway for the first commercial flight between Australia and New Zealand.
Black head at the northern end of the beach has one of the best displays of fossils on the coast.
Along with Seven Mile Beach, some of Surf Camp's packages include trips to some of the east coast's other great beaches. Some of these include:
Yamba is one of Surf Camp's favorite east coast hot spots with a variety of beach breaks that offer surf for beginner, intermediate and advanced surfers. It is the perfect place to hone your surf skills after learning the basics.
When taking a break from the surf, Yamba offers festivals and markets that occur all year round to ensure that no time is wasted here.
Facts about Yamba:
It is situated at the mouth of the Clarence River in Northern NSW and is the biggest river on the east coast of Australia. Yamba has been declared by CSIRO and Stanford University as having the best climate in the world.
In 1908 the Yamba Surf Lifesaving Club was formed.
People swim in the ocean at Yamba all year round, and in fact the water is often warmer in July than it is in February due to a warm current finding its way down the coast at that time.
Byron Bay, NSW
Byron Bay is the Mecca for surfing in Australia. Ideal waves for intermediate to advanced surfers make this place the ultimate stepping-stone for beginners. It's popular both with the locals and visitors for it’s fantastic nightlife vibe and surf culture.
Not only is it the ideal spot to improve your surfing, it also draws attention to the many festivals and events throughout the year. Only one hour south of the Gold Coast, it’s a great way to top off your surf camp experience.
This place can be addictive. Expect the feeling of never wanting to leave!
Facts about Byron Bay:
For thousands of years Indigenous Australians visited Byron bay to trade goods, find marriages and swap stories. It was called “Cawanbah”.
In the 1770′s Captain Cook found a safe anchorage and named Cape Byron after his navigator Lord Byron.
The 1890′s saw the arrival of Dairy Farmers, among other factories.
After the factories closed, the surfers arrived and discovered The Pass, Watego’s and Cosy Corner.
Longboarding was the craze in the 1960′s.
Since then, the town has developed into a haven of surf and hippy culture.
|6 nights||The Search - 7 day surf adventure||Package||US$689||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|9 nights||The Ultimate Search - 10 day surf adventure||Package||US$843||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
The Ultimate Experience Inclusions:
- 5-day surf course
- 4 nights accommodation
- All meals
- Return airport transfer
- Surf gears
- Free t-shirt, trucker cap, photos and video and $20 Rip Curl Voucher
The Search Inclusions:
- 5 Day progressive surf course @ 7 Mile beach Gerroa
- All meals
- Return airport transfers
- Surf & Party @ the famous Byron Bay
- All surf equipment supplied
- Purpose built surf camp and Central Byron Bay accommodation
- Tasty buffet meals including Aussie BBQs
- FREE Photos, Video, T Shirt, Trucker Cap & $20 Rip Curl Voucher
The Ultimate Search Inclusions:
- 5 day progressive surf course at 7 Mile beach,Gerroa
- Discover & Surf Yamba & Byron Bay
- All surf Equipment included
- Modern beachside accommodation
- Tasty buffet meals including Aussie BBQs
- Return airport transfers
- FREE Photos, Video, T Shirt, Trucker cap & $20 Rip Curl Voucher
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.