Kai Satu is an 80 foot surf charter boat run by a group of experienced Mentawai surfers dedicated to providing excellent service, accommodation, and meals.
Departing from Padang, Kai Satu offers a choice, head North Mentawai to Telos - or the wave rich regions from Playgrounds to South Mentawai. The schedule adapts to your preferences, from a quick 9 day charter to extended 12 days. Great surf guides listen to your surfing objectives and communicate about the best way to achieve them. World class photographers are available to record you ultimate surf experience.
Kai Satu offers quality accommodation, services and surf guiding for a great price. She has 6 twin cabins with individual air-conditioning, so it's much more comfortable than sleeping in a dorm.
The boat has a huge air-conditioned lounge room with TV, DVD, and stereo, separate dining area, 2 shower/toilet rooms with hot water showers and an outdoor shower. There is also plenty of space up top for full viewing of the surf breaks, and the customary beers at the end of each day whilst comparing barrel stories.
Kai Satu offers 6 twin cabins with individual air-conditioning controls. On board is also a fully air-conditioned lounge area with DVD, TV, and stereo. There are two shower/toilet rooms that offer hot water. There is also an outdoor shower for removing the salt water after surfing all day long.
The top deck offers a place to enjoy relaxing, sunrises, sunsets, while you watch your buddies tackle the waves. There is nothing better than returning after surfing and finding chilled Bintangs that are waiting for you on the top deck.
Dimensions and Specs:
Length 80 Ft
Beam 20 Ft
Draft 9 Ft
Engine 2 x Mitsubishi 8 DC 9, 320 HP each
Gearbox Type 135 A Hydraulic Ratio; 3:1
Genset 2 x 20KW, 220 V 3 Pole
Steering Hydraulic system
Minimum number: 8 passengers
Maximum number: 12 passengers
Flat screen TV with DVD, video and stereo
Chauffeur driven tender
Full safety gear - life rafts, life jackets, flares, EPIRB, fire extinguishers
- 10-12 nights of accommodation onboard the Kai Satu.
- Return airport transfers - to & from the boat.
- Food - 3 daily gourmet meals.
- Snacks - including fresh fruit, nuts, biscuits and chocolate bars.
- Drinks - freshly brewed Sumatran coffee, tea, purified water, soft drinks & juice.
- 3 icy cold beers a day.
- Use of all onboard equipment including fishing and snorkelling gear.
- Government and harbour permits.
- Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally pre-paid to The Perfect Wave as a separate item at the time of final balance payment. If not prepaid, it must be paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
|27 Aug 2019||07 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||11 nights||0||-|
|15 Sep 2019||26 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||11 nights||0||-|
|28 Sep 2019||07 Oct 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|08 Oct 2019||19 Oct 2019||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|21 Oct 2019||01 Nov 2019||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|04 Nov 2019||13 Nov 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|10 Feb 2020||21 Feb 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€1,991|
|24 Feb 2020||04 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,716|
|07 Mar 2020||18 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€1,991|
|22 Mar 2020||31 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||8||€1,716|
|06 Apr 2020||17 Apr 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|20 Apr 2020||29 Apr 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|04 May 2020||13 May 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||0||-|
|18 May 2020||27 May 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|03 Jun 2020||14 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|17 Jun 2020||26 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|01 Jul 2020||12 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|15 Jul 2020||24 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|29 Jul 2020||09 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|12 Aug 2020||21 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|26 Aug 2020||06 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|16 Sep 2020||27 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|30 Sep 2020||09 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
|14 Oct 2020||25 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|28 Oct 2020||08 Nov 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,174|
|11 Nov 2020||20 Nov 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,899|
- Price is a per person price and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Every trip needs at least 8 paying guests to guarantee a departure.
- Maximum surfer numbers apply for all departures: 12 pax for exclusive bookings or 10 pax individual bookings.
- Individual bookings and small group bookings (less than 10) are accepted at the discretion of The Perfect Wave. No departure is confirmed unless there is a minimum of 8 full paying guests on board.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
- Kai Satu schedule is based on 9-12 nights out of Padang harbour in to the Mentawai region. Enquire for schedule variations including longer or shorter charters.
- Charters from Padang to North Sumatra (Telos/Nias) can be arranged upon request for exclusive charters.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Ryan (October 2018)
The recent trip we did on the Kai Satu was unreal and there was so much love for the crew, the best food and staff around!
I have been on the Kai Satu three times and each trip just gets better. The surf guide is always on the money with the calls he makes and aside from keeping all the guests stoked on the variety of surf on offer, he still seems to find unlimited energy to entertain once the sun sets. Good food, cold beer + great service sets the Kai Satu and its crew apart from the rest.
Myself and the boys had the most amazing Mentawais trip aboard the Kai Satu. The vessel itself was great, the food was awesome and our legend of a guide 'Badger' clearly had a wealth of knowledge of the Islands, ensuring we were at the right spots at the right times to maximize our stoke! Great boat, great crew, highly recommend...