Kai Dua is a surf resort - that takes you to the waves! The charter boat is designed from the start as the perfect set up for chasing the best waves in comfort. With plenty of room, good cruising speed and a tightly run ship, the crew will maximise your surf time.
Kai Dua offers the choice of 2 itineraries
- for the barrel hunters: the widest selection of world class waves - Mentawai to South Mentawai
- for a few more user-friendly options North Mentawai to Telos (No fuel surcharge)
Kai Dua is a premium charter boat, with the size, speed and fitout to match the expectataions of those looking for the best boats. She’s a modern boat built in 2013 specifically for surf trips by Padang's most experienced surf charter operators. Fully renovated in 2019, Kai Dua is equipped 2 x 350 hp Mitsubishi engines make her a fast and reliable boat, with a cruising speed above the average (+10 knots). Importantly, she comes with a 22 foot, twin 100HP tender boat, providing speedy long range access to all the breaks or fantastic fishing boat
There’s lots of space for you, inside and outside: 3 double cabins + 2 triple cabins (max. 12 guests), a modern living room with TV/DVD, eating area, and a massive top deck with shaded areas for relaxing and surfboards storage. All inside areas and cabins are fully air conditioned.
The chef Adi has a well deserved reputation for the best food, fresh, wholesome and plentiful. With great space to spread out or chillout, Kai Dua is a premium surf charter for those that know what matters with a boat trip - speed, comfort, space, food, flexibility, service and safety
Kai Dua is available for charters between 9 and 12 nights and group of 8 - 12 surfers.
This vessel is equipped with all navigation and safety modernities: Radar, 2 GPS units with maps plotter, depth sounder, VHF and SSB radios, portable VHF radios, satellite phone, all the safety equipment (life-raft, life-jackets, EPIRB, very-lights, etc.) and a comprehensive first-aid kit.
You can make use of SUP boards, fishing rods, snorkeling gear, yoga mats, tender and dinghies with out-board engines for surfing support and surfing photography, fishing, access to the beaches, etc.
Kai Dua is a large, premium surf charter 75 ft long. It sleeps up to 10-12 people with 2 cabins set up for three people and 3 cabins set up for two people. All of the rooms have Air Conditioning. This quality surf charter offers plenty of outdoor space including a massive upper back deck and great spaces at the bow and in front of the bridge
The cabins are larger than most charters with full height ceilings and individual storage. This ensures more than enough space to lounge and relax in your room. The air-conditioned lounge area offers a flexible chill out space including stereo and video. The separate dining room is also part of the interior air conditioned space. Plenty of on-board storage includes ample surfboard storage on the upper deck.
Kai Dua Specifications
- 2 x Triple Share Cabins
- 3 x Twin Share Cabins
- 2 shower/toilet with hot water+ 1 outdoor shower
- Large fully air-conditioned lounge room with TV, DVD and stereo + Separate dining area
- Wide shaded top deck
- Fishing gear
- Snorkeling gear
- 22 foot speedboat with twin 100HP
- 12ft tender 15HP
- Return Padang airport transfers.
- Accommodation in comfortable cabins.
- 3 chef made meals by day.
- Snacks, juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee, mineral water.
- 15 cases of beer per charter;
- Use of all boat facilities, including dinghy to get to the lineup and back on the boat. boat, fishing gear and snorkeling gear.
- Daily surf sessions according to latest forecast.
- Photo and video services (available upon request)
- Mentawai tax of 1M IDR (see details below)
- Travel Insurance
- Extra alcohol (upon request).
Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
|19 Aug 2019||28 Aug 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,917|
|02 Sep 2019||11 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,917|
|13 Sep 2019||23 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-|
|30 Sep 2019||12 Oct 2019||Surf Charter||12 nights||10||€2,468|
|14 Oct 2019||23 Oct 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,917|
|28 Oct 2019||09 Nov 2019||Surf Charter||12 nights||10||€2,468|
|11 Nov 2019||20 Nov 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€1,917|
|25 Nov 2019||07 Dec 2019||Surf Charter||12 nights||10||€2,468|
|09 Dec 2019||21 Dec 2019||Surf Charter||12 nights||10||€2,468|
|16 Mar 2020||27 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,239|
|30 Mar 2020||08 Apr 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|11 Apr 2020||20 Apr 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|23 Apr 2020||02 May 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|04 May 2020||15 May 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|25 May 2020||03 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|08 Jun 2020||19 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|22 Jun 2020||01 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|06 Jul 2020||17 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|20 Jul 2020||29 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|03 Aug 2020||12 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|17 Aug 2020||28 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|31 Aug 2020||09 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|14 Sep 2020||25 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|28 Sep 2020||07 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|12 Oct 2020||23 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|26 Oct 2020||04 Nov 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|09 Nov 2020||20 Nov 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
|23 Nov 2020||02 Dec 2020||Surf Charter||9 nights||10||€2,193|
|07 Dec 2020||18 Dec 2020||Surf Charter||11 nights||10||€2,541|
- Price is a per person price and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- The prices above are based on 10 surfers on board.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
- North Mentawai to Telos surf charters are available upon request.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.