Hollow Trees Resort is perfect for surfers looking for land based comfort and style with one of the world best rights barrelling out the front.
The capacity is only 16 people, and you can go surfing whenever you want. No need to wait for transfers.
The beautiful bungalows with private plunge pools are located right at the beach, and have been recently renovated.
HT’s, short for “Hollow Trees” and also known as “Lances Right”, was discovered in the early 70’s and named by surfers due to the huge hollow tree standing tall on the reef. In 1999 a huge swell tore the tree down, leaving only the legendary name. The resort's property stretches over 150 meters of absolute beachfront land with the world-class HT’s surf break directly in front of the resort. All four villas are positioned directly on the beach 20 meters from the waters edge. Complete with AC, hot showers and minibar fridge.
The resort has been rebuilt and refurbished in 2016 and sets a new standard of quality on Sipora with unrivalled access and viewing of HT's wave from the resort and beach. With one of the worlds best waves on your doorstep, you can pick you session and make the most of it whenever conditions are to your liking. The Peninsula area at the Southern end of Sipora also offers access to the reliable swell magnet that is Lance's Left and the hollow right kegs of Bintangs opposite.
The Hollow Trees Resort has been extensively rebuilt and refurbished in 2016.
Hollow Trees Resort provides a shared accommodation of 8 rooms in 4 villas. Maximum capacity per room of 2 people – total of 16 people. Both double and single beds available. There is a shared bathroom. Every villa provides air conditioning, hot water, mini fridge and a dip pool out the front.
Villa 1 & Villa 2
Are divided into three rooms, front room provides a lounge area, with a big room up to three single beds & a room in the back - ideal for big group of friends or families.
Are designed perfectly for families with a big front room that can take up to three single beds & a private room in the back.
Also provides a front room that has a stunning view to towards the ocean & additionally an extra room in the back - suitable for couples.
• In-room free Wi-Fi access
• Beach & bath towels provided
• Laundry service (if requested)
• Mosquito nets - keep the blood suckers away
• Working desk
RESTAURANT & BAR
The restaurant concept is a combination of French, Thai and Indonesian cuisine with stunning views of the most famous HT’s waves. Maximum capacity of 30 people. Breakfast and dinner will be served buffet style and lunch you can choose from our menu provided with daily fresh juices, smoothies etc.
Surf & Other Activities
Hollow Trees, known locally as HT’s or Lance’s Right, is one of the best and most consistent, fast and barrelling right-handers in the world and the resort looks straight out over it.
The wave wraps around the south end of the island and into the sheltered bay where it unloads on the reef known as The Office and finally the Surgeon’s Table. As the name suggests, this wave is for intermediate and advanced surfers, and rated as one of the top five waves in the world. With 10 world-class waves within a short boat or bike ride from our resort, there’s surf to suit all levels. Or if you don’t want to hit the waves, then simply enjoy a tropical paradise and watch the action unfold from the beach.
HT's offers a speedboat shuttle to other breaks, and also rents you a scooter for an adventurous surf exploration experience. Breaks such as Lance's Left, Cobras, Beach break, Bintangs & Monkeys.
- Scooter rental is included in your accommodation price.
- Unlimited use of small speedboat to nearby destinations - free of charge.
- Yoga Classes: Creative vinyasa flow, dynamic hatha or yin restorative.
- Pool table
- Table tennis
- Stand up paddles (SUP)
- Fishing rod
Surf coaching packages:
Surf coaching is also available at the resort, with daily video analysis to improve your surfing skills.
Services provided at the resort:
- Yoga lessons.
- Speedboat shuttle service to the wave.
- Scooter rentals.
- Laundry service for in-house guests.
Restaurant & Bar:
The restaurant concept is a combination of French, Thai & Indonesian cuisine with stunning views of the famous HT’s. Maximum capacity of 30 people. Breakfast & dinner will be served buffet style & lunch you can choose from the menu provided with daily fresh juices, smoothies etc.
- Breakfast: 7.00 am - 9.00 am
- Lunch: 12.30 pm - 2.30 pm
- Dinner: 7.30 pm - 10.30 pm
|7 nights||Standard room||Villa||€1,467||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Children under age of 7 years old - free of charge
- Children between 7 - 13 years old pay 50% of full price
- Children over 14 years old pay full adult rate
- Round trip private transfer service from Padang (local) airport to hotel in Padang & boat harbor.
- Accommodation with A/C, hot showers & outdoor dip pool.
- 3 gourmet meals per day.
- Complimentary unlimited water provided dispenser in the villa.
- 1x complimentary 15 mins back & shoulder massage per person/stay.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the whole resort.
- Use of all resort facilities (standup paddles, kayaks, etc.).
- Surf guide.
- Unlimited use of small speedboat to nearby destinations.
- 10% government tax
- Padang Hotel
- Roundtrip boat transfers - package includes ferry ticket plus luggage & surfboard luggage & then speedboat transfer to/from the resort. For surfers - $350 USD per person. For non-surfers - $250 USD per person (travelling without surfboards).
- Mentawai surf tax. Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 per 15 days surfing in the region.
- Travel insurance - all guests must have travel insurance according to resort policy
Hollow Trees Resort are also offering the following packages:
Photography package - has to be pre-booked in advance
On the island they have a local photographer that can take your photos/videos during your surf session.
- 5 days = $150 USD
- 7 days = $180 USD
- 10 days = $200 USD
- 14 days = $225 USD
Package includes all photos/videos from land and boat
Yoga package - has to be pre-booked in advance
1 yoga class per day:
- 3 days package: $50 USD
- 5 days: $80 USD
- 7 days: $110 USD
- 10 days: $150 USD
If you prefer not choosing the packages as listed above, the rate is $20 USD per class (this will be charged at the end of your stay).
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.