Nomad Impossibles Surf Resort is unlike any other surf retreat or camp in Bali. Its location right on the beach and below the cliff means you are just steps from the ocean but protected from the trade winds.
It is every surfer's dream to see the beautiful waves perfectly peel as you lift your head off your pillow in the morning. Watch people get barrelled at Padang Padang or speed down the line at Impossibles.
Nomad Surf Resort - Impossibles is beautifully set right on the beach right in front of the famous surf break Impossibles, on the bottom of the cliffs on the west coast of Bukit Peninsula.
When you stay at the resort, you can see the ocean from your room window and hear the sound of the waves breaking on the beach.
Impossibles is a long, beautiful left that breaks in front of the resort. It is great for intermediate surfers looking for fun waves. If you are keen to score some barrels, Padang Padang is just a stone throw away. Other options include Uluwatu (with free surf guiding from the resort) and Bingin, with Belangan and Dreamland just minutes away.
Getting to Impossibles can be tricky. But don’t worry! Their staff can pick you up at the airport or anywhere else in Bali and bring you to the resort. There are steep steps to go down to the beach where the resort is. That is part of the adventure and thanks to that minor difficulty the experience will be so special! (less crowd in the water, less buildings, no noise!)
has a total of 6 rooms.
Every single room at Impossibles has an ensuite and of course, beautiful
panoramic ocean views.
There are 3 beaches surrounding Impossibles Surf Resort. You can walk to Padang Padang on a low tide.
Free WiFi internet connection is available at the resort.
This boutique resort does not have a restaurant as such, but they do have a very clean kitchen and a small dining area. They also have a simple, tasty menu:
- Vegetable or chicken Spring roll
- Greek Salad
- Chicken soup with rice
- Impossible Tuna salad
- Club Sandwich with French fries
- Tuna Sandwhich with French fries
- Chicken Steak served with rice, vegetable, mushroom sauce
- Impossible Beef served with Burger Potato wedges
- Royal Chicken Burger served with Burger Potato wedges
- Beef, Pork, or Chicken Satay served with rice, shallot, peanut sauce and crackers
- Gado Gado Mixed of stream carrot, cabbage, lettuce, potato, snaps with pean sauce & crackers, Tahu, Tempe, Telur
- BBQ Grilled Chicken served with mashed potato and fresh salad or sauté vegetable
- Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Vegetable or Chicken Fried rice / Noodle
- Tuna Steak served with Rice or French fries, sautee vegetables with black pepper sauce
Surf & Other Activities
There are 5 waves within 5 minutes from the resort that you can score:
- Impossibles: This surf resort is so close to the wave that on a high tide, the water comes up near the door of the resort. This wave is a fast surf break that will have you racing down the line and even getting barrelled on a larger day. The best section on a low tide is the corner (section towards Bingin), while on a high tide you will score great waves breaking over the reef just in front of the resort
- Padang Padang: One of the best lefts in Bali, this is where you can score beautiful barrels. Best on low or mid tide.
- Bingin: Just 300m down the beach, this wave is good on all tides, ideal when it is 3-8ft. It is a short, sharp and shallow break that breaks below the beautiful Bukit cliffs.
- Uluwatu: This famous wave holds any size - whether it is 2 foot or 15 foot. Good on all tides, it breaks over coral reef so it is only for experienced surfers on a big day. It has three sections that spread the crowds a bit. Impossibles Surf Resort has a resident surf guide that will take you to Ulus free of charge.
- Padang Padang Right: It is on the other side of the channel at Padang Padang. This is a great wave for beginners where the surf lessons take place. It is an easy right-hander that breaks over deep water.
Other waves that you can score on the west coast of Bukit are Balangan, Dreamland and Nyang Nyang.
Not only experienced surfers but also beginners can catch their perfect wave at Impossibles Surf Resort. The resort offers surf lessons at Padang Padang Right, which is a walking distance from your room. They offer lessons with maximum 4 students per instructor and all equipment is included. The price is US$35 per class (2.5 hour lesson).
Other Surf Experiences
Joel (April 2015)
All was good in the end mate. That place was amazing and I don't have one bad thing to say about it. Push for that place as much as you can the manager Mike was a really nice guy and an incredible surfer to. And the staff there were amazing to. The food was great and really cheap as well. I couldn't recommend that place enough.