When it comes to spectacular and breathtaking mountain resorts, the best can be found at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Nestled at the foot of Blackcomb Mountain, the Fairmont is defined by impeccable service, outstanding cuisine and luxurious accommodation. Enjoy ski to your door convenience, listen to live entertainment in the classic après ski lounge and relax in the soothing waters of the slopeside whirlpools. Surround yourself in the comfortable elegance of The Fairmont Chateau Whistler during all seasons.
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler offers extensive amenities including a fully equipped and complimentary health club, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course, an on-site wedding chapel, restaurants, Vida Spa and a friendly concierge team.
Choose from a number of different room types from beautifully appointed Fairmont Rooms to spacious and elegant suites. For the ultimate in luxury reserve a room on the Fairmont Gold floor and enjoy Fairmont's exclusive lifestyle hotel experience.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. With true ski-in and ski-out convenience and on-site golf course, the classic elegance of this landmark Whistler Blackcomb resort offers a modern alpine setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining and full resort amenities.
A resort within a resort, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler has an outstanding selection of shops, The Vida Wellness Spa, indoor/outdoor pools, hot tubs, private cabanas, the Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed Golf Course, and a unique collection of dining options, from casual to gourmet, that capture the essence of Whistler's lifestyle.
Chateau Whistler’s tastefully designed rooms feature spectacular mountain or village views and were created to blend with the natural alpine setting.
From the moment you arrive at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler in Whistler, BC, an unforgettable vacation experience begins. With year-round outdoor adventures, this Whistler ski resort in BC and top luxury golf resort hotel in Canada will welcome you with luxury Whistler accommodation, the best Whistler restaurants, a designer golf course, rejuvenating Vida spa and memories to last a lifetime.
Surrounded by breathtaking scenery including the famous Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, your Whistler resort stay at The Fairmont will meet your every expectation.
Exceptional service caters to your every need. Full service resort facilities create an all-inclusive resort destination. An ideal family-friendly hotel in Whistler. Here is a taste of what awaits you at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler ski hotel and resort:
- A friendly concierge team to assist you with planning Whistler activities, outdoor adventures, Whistler sightseeing and locating the best restaurants in Whistler, British Columbia.
- The finest Pacific Northwest cuisine to be enjoyed in The Wildflower, The Grill Room, Portobello Marketand Fresh Bakery, The Mallard Lounge & Terrace, The Chalet or In-Room Dining.
- Fully equipped and complimentary Health Club featuring fitness center, Eucalyptus steam rooms, sauna, hot tubs, tennis courts and a heated lap pool with underwater music.
- Home of Vida Spa, a unique spa experience with a holistic approach to health and healing.
- Ski in/ski out facilities.
- On-site Wedding Chapel.
- High Speed Internet Access throughout the resort. Membership is complimentary and features exclusive privileges including free internet access, free local calls, daily newspaper and more.
The luxurious 550-room Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort is located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain in Whistler, British Columbia. Tastefully designed luxury Whistler accommodations with spectacular mountain or village views were created to blend with the natural alpine setting.
- Air conditioning with individual control
- High Speed Internet Access (charges apply; complimentary for Fairmont President's Club members)
- Alarm clock
- Coffee maker and kettle with in-room coffee and tea
- Color television with video check-out and 'On-Command' system which enables guests to watch newly released blockbuster movies (between $8.99 - $22.99 CAD plus tax per movie)
- Deluxe toiletries
- Down filled duvets
- Thick cotton bathrobes
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Telephone with voice-mail
- Windows that open for fresh mountain air
- Bed board
- Connecting rooms
- Handicap bench for tub
- Microwave ($10.00 CAD plus tax per day)
- Refrigerator (5) ($10.00 CAD plus tax per day)
Surf & Other Activities
'One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.' Virginia Woolf, English Novelist (1882-1941)
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler presents a unique collection of Whistler restaurant options that capture the essence of Whistler's vibrant lifestyle. Exceptional Whistler, British Columbia dining balanced with casual, gourmet picnics to go and a variety of flavourful and seasonal choices in between!
- The Wildflower Restaurant - Open for breakfast and dinner in Whistler. Sunday Brunch is offered on all major holidays.
- The Grill Room - Fine dining Whistler restaurant showcasing chops, steak & seafood
- Afternoon Tea - Served seasonally in The Mallard Lounge (Afternoon Tea will close November 1 until December 19)
- Portobello Market & Fresh Bakery - Open daily for breakfast and lunch
- The Mallard Lounge & Terrace, Private Spirit Room - Open daily for lunch, light evening meals and cocktails. Experience Whistler nightlife and evening activities.
Located steps away at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club...
- The Chalet - Evening fondue dining mid December through March
- The Clubhouse - Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the summer golf season, May through September
- Whistler's best pizza
- Made-to-order sandwiches
- Speciality coffee bar
- Freshly baked doughnuts and pastries
- Homemade soups
- Vegetarian meals
- Belgian Hot Chocolate menu (to warm up in the winter)
- Italian Sodas (to refresh in the summer)
- Breakfast a la carte
- All Day Dining
- Dinner Menu
- Kid's Menu
- International Wine
- Cocktail Menu
- Pets Menu
- Outdoor 60 ft. heated lap pool with underwater music
- Indoor/outdoor heated leisure pool
- Pool deck with lounge chairs and umbrellas
- Private cabana rentals available, May-September only. Please inquire within the hotel for reservations and rates
- Food and Beverage service available
- Indoor whirlpool
- Three outdoor whirlpools
- Dry sauna
- Two eucalyptus steam rooms
- Men's and Women's Change rooms
- Complimentary towel and locker service
- Swimwear and aquatic items for purchase
- Two Tennis courts
- Personal Training & Exercise Therapy
- High Definition plasma televisions and personal headsets (available)
- Three treadmills (Precor)
- Two stair climbers (Precor)
- Two upright bikes (Precor)
- Two recumbent bikes (Precor)
- One rowing ergometer (Concept II)
- Three elliptical cross-trainers (Precor)
- Nine Cybex weight stations
- Selection of dumbbell free weights up to 65 pounds
- Mats/Exercise balls
- Proprioception boards / Balance training tools
- Elastic Bands
- Skipping Ropes
Enhance your fitness routine or start a new healthy living regime with one of our local Whistler resort certified personal trainers.
- Aqua Fitness with Wilma Weindner
- Guided Stretching
- Personal Training
Please book the in-resort tennis courts and Whistler tennis lessons directly with the Fairmont Health Club.
- Two outdoor hard courts with Plexipave surface [May-September only]
- Whistler tennis tournaments and Whistler resort tennis camps are available with certified tennis professionals.
- Racquet rental and tennis balls available for purchase.
The following children's toys and kid-friendly resort activities are available at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Health Club for your family's vacation fun in Whistler.
- Variety of board games
- Croquet [May-September]
- Toboggan rentals [December-April]
- Sport items (Soccer balls, Footballs, Aki bags, Frisbee, Bocce)
Feel well, look well, live well.
An escape from reality to natural elegance, Vida Spa, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is an innovative Whistler resort and spa destination emphasizing healing and health.
The philosophy of Vida Spa in Whistler is strongly rooted on the delicate balance of inner calm, outer vitality, sensory pleasure and spiritual health. A Whistler spas holistic approach that blends the ancient Indian principles of Ayurveda together with modern practices ensures that each Whistler spa resort guest receives a personalized treatment that meets their individual needs.
Vida Spa Hours of Operation: This Whistler spa resort is open seven days a week Monday to Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday through Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m..
Please Note: The Vida Spa times are subject to change based on seasonality.
Vida Spa Reservations: To avoid disappointment, please book your Whistler resort and spa experience in advance.
Toll free: 1 800 401 4018
Tel: 604 938 2086
Fax: 604 905 0348
Toll Free: (888) 906 BABY
Cellular: (604) 902 BABY
Fax: (604) 894 2081
Phone: (604) 938 2823
Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Snowflake: skiwear, accessories, leather goods and apparel
- Mountain Adventure Center: ski rentals and accessories
- Piccadilly Place: gift/smoke shop
- Open Country: designer clothing
- Mountain Galleries at the Fairmont: fine art gallery
Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding
Let Whistler Blackcomb's experienced ACGM guides and instructors take you on a tour of Whistler's impressive backcountry. Pre-registration is required.
Cross Country Skiing
Overall Whistler offers an incredible 120+ kilometres of cross country trails ranging from beginner to expert.
- Lost Lake trails travel through Lost Lake Park and alongside The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club and the Nicklaus North Golf Course. Four kilometres of trails are also lit for night skiing. Minimal trail pass rates apply.
- Ski Callaghan, which includes the Whistler Olympic Park - site of the Nordic events for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, and Callaghan Country Lodge offer public cross country skiing on more than 90 kilometres of trails groomed for both classic and skate skiing. In addition, there are 20 kilometres of dedicated snowshoe trails.
Sign up for guided winter fishing trips to secret river locations and catch salmon, steelhead, trout and char.
Breathtaking scenic glacier tours, landings, heli-picnics, backcountry skiing and snowshoeing are all options. Charter service is also available from a number of helicopter companies.
Heli-skiing is the perfect activity for intermediate and advanced skiers looking to add a thrilling new dimension to their ski vacation.
Since its inaugural opening in December 2011, Whistler’s official outdoor skating rink has fast become an iconic experience for locals and visitors of all ages. Take in the exhilaration of Whistler’s surroundings while gliding across the celebrated venue of the Victory Ceremonies for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
Hours of operation are daily from 11:00am to 9:00pm.
Alternatively, enjoy indoor ice skating or drop-in hockey at Whistler's Meadow Park Sports Centre. Skate rentals are available at the arena.
Indoor Rock Climbing
Take part in the largest growing sport in North America at an indoor climbing wall. Evening 'Climb & Dine' programs are available for kids.
Lose yourself in a good book at the Whistler Public Library, located in Village North.
Enjoy a spectacular ride on Whistler Mountain's fully enclosed Village Gondola or on one of Blackcomb's covered express quad chairs. Pick up your sightseeing passes at the base of either Whistler or Blackcomb Mountains.
Take in a movie at the Village 8 Cinema, located just a 10-minute walk from The Fairmont Chateau Whistler along the pedestrian stroll.
The Whistler Museum offers exhibits and information on the region, natural history and skiing. Commemorating recent events, Whistler's Olympic Journey, is a special exhibit to celebrate our community's journey to the 2010 Winter Games. The Whistler Museum also has a gift shop and research facilities.
Ace your partner on one of the free public courts located throughout the Whistler Valley or play one of the 2 Plexipave courts available at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler (racquet and ball rentals are available in The Fairmont Health Club). Squash courts may be booked in advance at The Meadow Park Sports Centre.
The Whistler Sliding Centre and the Whistler Olympic & Paralympic Park are open to the public. Explore and enjoy these incredible facilities via guided or self-guided walking tours.
Nothing says a magical better than a cozy sleigh ride through a winter wonderland. Horsedrawn sleigh rides are available on-site at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort from The Chalet - located on The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course.
Tours are available for all levels of experience and qualified guides lead every tour. A fun and beautiful way to see the mountains and valley from a whole new point of view.
Trek along tranquil forest trails on snowshoes for an entirely new perspective on outdoor winter adventure in Whistler. Snowshoe Guides, instruction and rentals can all be booked through The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Concierge.
Go for an invigorating swim in The Fairmont Chateau Whistler lap pool - complete with underwater music, or relax in one of the four hot tubs and Eucalyptus steam rooms.
Discover the winter transformation of Whistler's mountain terrain up close with Ziptrek EcoTours. Ride on a series of zipline cables, some as long as 2000 feet and 200 feet above the forest floor. Joined together by bridges, aerial stairways and ground-based trails, your Ziptrek adventure takes you through the stunning snow capped forests nestled between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. With the TreeTrek Tour, discover a spectacular network of suspension bridges, boardwalks and trails that take you from the forest floor to the upper reaches of the forest canopy.
For a unique side-by-side zipline experience, check out ZOOM Ziplines - combining the exhilarating feeling of soaring through the air with the breathtaking winter beauty of Cougar Mountain and the Whistler Valley.
Unique Winter activity available on-site at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Fondue Dinner & Sleigh Ride
Spend a magical evening under the stars as you glide through the silent valley surrounded by majestic mountain peaks. Guided by impressive Clydesdale-Percheron horses and tucked in the blanketed warmth of your sleigh, this 20-minute ride is simply the beginning to an enchanted evening.
Returning to The Chalet at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club, a crackling log fire awaits and a delicious 3-course Fondue dinner is served.
Available: Operation dates are mid December through mid March with nightly departures starting around 4:45 to 8:30 p.m. Schedule subject to change due to snow conditions. Contact the Fairmont Concierge at 604 938 2006 for details, rates, and bookings.
Whistler's 13,000 square foot inclusive playground provides play opportunities for all children. Located near Olympic Plaza.
Conveniently located right beside The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler Blackcomb Resort's summer Adventure Zone features hours of fun things for kids do in Whistler. Whistler attractions for kids include
- Balloon Slide & Castle
- Batting Cages
- Bungy Trampoline
- Climbing Wall
- Horseback riding
- Mini Golf
- Spider Web
- Westcoaster Luge
Meadow Park is a full-facility recreation center with an ice arena, squash courts, fitness center, six lane swimming pool, children's fun pool and outdoor water park. Join other children for activities such as canoeing, swimming, sailing and other sports as well as field trips, theatre and games.
Celebrate the history of the Lil'wat and Squamish Nations through art displays, interactive performances, Whistler crafts, and guided tours. This First Nations Aboriginal centre is located across the street from The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort.
Whistler Summer Kids is a daily drop-in program for children ages 18 months to 14 years. In our mountain playground, the opportunities for adventure are endless. Activities include hiking, canoeing, windsurfing, rock climbing, arts and crafts, wildlife and nature discussions and more.