Between November and April, the nearby coral reef breaks can become a surfer’s paradise. During this time the wind is normally light and variable meaning that it’s the best time of year for chest-high to overhead waves with occasional bigger days.
Crowds are thin and the water is warm. There are three main breaks located fifteen minutes by boat. There is a western surf guide working at the resort.
An exclusive tropical destination for discerning travellers seeking an authentic Fijian island resort. Qamea Resort and Spa is an intimate all beachfront luxury boutique property catering to a maximum of 34 adults, set amidst 100 acres of lush tropical landscaped gardens, bushland, and jagged volcanic South Pacific mountains that soar behind the property.
After an easy 20 minute drive via private vehicle from Taveuni Airport, to an 8 minute boat crossing, you will find yourself on a private white sand beach over a kilometre in length, known as the most spectacular in Fiji's northern island group, Qamea is also world renowned for its scuba diving.
The resort's award winning Jungle Spa is the only Guinot Institute Paris spa in the South Pacific, and has been nominated as one of Fijis best spa resort’s in this year’s (2012) World Travel Awards. They have also has won several awards:
- World Luxury Hotel Awards: The Luxury Romantic Hotel – Fiji
- 23rd Annual World Travel Awards: Fiji’s Leading Hotel Suite – Royal Beach House
- 23rd Annual World Travel Awards: Fiji’s Leading Spa Resorts 2016
- World Luxury Travel Awards – Best Spa in Fiji
- World Luxury Spa Awards – Best Luxury Destination Spa in Fiji
- CNN – Worlds Best Luxury Dive Resorts
The resort also boasts a dedicated surf guide onsite. The surf break is located just 15 minutes by boat from the resort.
ALL ROOMS are beachfront, fully air conditioned, fan cooled, have large modern European bathrooms with romantic outdoor river stone showers, (except Oceanview Bure where there is an indoor shower only), mahogany hardwood floors, soaring ceilings, separate living area, 4 poster canopy bed, large covered deck with outdoor furniture and hammock.
ALL ROOM AMENITIES INCLUDE beach bag, beach & bath towels, toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, soaps and lotion, bath robes and slippers, hair dryer, mini bar, French Press coffee and tea, & safety deposit box.
OCEANVIEW BURE 65 sq/mtr (650 sq/ft) traditional Fijian thatched roof bures. Fully renovated with luxurious new bathrooms featuring stone wall and hand carved stone sink. Full ocean view and an indoor shower. 1 in total.
BEACHFRONT BURE 65 sq/mtr (650 sq/ft) traditional Fijian thatched roof bures. Fully renovated with luxurious new bathrooms featuring stone wall and hand carved stone sink. Full ocean and beach view, romantic outdoor shower. 10 in total.
HONEYMOON VILLA 110 sq/mtr (1,200 sq/ft) traditional Fijian thatched bi-level villa with indoor shower, bathroom with 2 sinks, outdoor river stone courtyard with Jacuzzi spa and outdoor shower, separate living room with daybeds. 1 in total.
HONEYMOON BURE 85 sq/mtr (900 sq/ft) traditional Fijian thatched bures set at the far end of the resort's long white sand beach, commanding incredible ocean, beach and lagoon views. Oversized bathroom with double sinks and floor to ceiling window sliders that pocket into the wall and open up to a lush tropical private garden with Jacuzzi spa pool and outdoor shower. Private covered and canopied day bed on the beach. 2 in total.
ROYAL BEACH HOUSE 150 sq/mtr (1,700 sq/ft) luxurious beach houses significantly upgraded in 2011. The three Royal Beach Houses, set at the end of the resort’s exquisite white sand beach, offer absolute privacy, and command outstanding ocean and beach views. The Royal Beach Houses all have their own private plunge pool on an expanded sunning deck that goes to the edge of the beach. Also on the deck facing the views of the lagoon is a heated Jacuzzi spa, an outdoor rock wall shower, and a large romantic daybed. Inside both of the one bedroom Royal Beach Houses there is a separate living/lounge area which steps up to a raised bedroom with a romantic canopy bed, and a large bathroom with double sinks, walk in closet, and indoor shower. The 2 Bedroom Royal Beach House has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and is perfect for two couples traveling together. All of the Royal Beach Houses are equipped with a 42” plasma screen TV connected to international satellite, DVD (multi-zone) player, and stereo with an i-Pod docking station and telephone. 3 in total.
MAXIMUM PAX / BEDDING CONFIGURATION:
MAXIMUM GUESTS PER ROOM
Royal Beach House
1 King; 1 King + 1 Single
1 King; 1 King + 1 Single
1 King; 1 King + 2 Singles
1 King; 1 King + 2 Singles
Surf & Other Activities
From November to April, the nearby coral reef breaks can become a surfer’s paradise. During this time the wind is normally light and variable meaning that it’s the best time of year for chest-high to overhead waves with occasional bigger days. Crowds are very thin and the water is warm. There are 3 main breaks located fifteen minutes by boat. A long right is the premier break. It starts as a grinding barrel, turns into a rippable face and ends with a very mellow section before petering into deep water, making this the ideal spot for every ability and style of surfing. Other breaks along the coast all have their day given suitable conditions. Beginners may even enjoy some soft waves that are ideal for getting started with an expert Western guide located onsite. They will deliver you to the best breaks by boat (not more than 15 minutes away) and offer water safety and coaching for all levels of ability. Beginners are welcome to take an instructional course and others can improve their surfing with expert technical coaching. They operate the surfing from Qamea Resort in Fiji from 1 November through to end of April. The surf breaks you can access include the Maqai Right and Left which would be the main break we go to as it suits surfers of all abilities. There are a few others that shall remain nameless that are possible if conditions suit
"Ticket to Ride" surf pass priced at US$140 per person includes:
- One boat transfer per day (approx 3.5 hours. Towels and bottled water provided)
- Expert guidance and water safety
- Coaching tips in water from expert coach (optional)
- Daily surf report
- Access to booties, wax, sunscreens, rash guards, towels, bottled water, leashes
- Board Valet service
They have a range of surf boards and stand up paddle boards available for hire at US$50 per day or US$250 per week.
- Complimentary guided snorkelling operate Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun.
- Guided snorkelling trips (charge applies) FJD$25pp Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. These are all normally scheduled to take place at 3pm each day.
- Mondays - Lavena Coastal Walk Taveuni Island (FJD$85pp).
- Tuesdays - Guided Kayak Tour (FJD$25 per couple).
- Wednesday - Bouma Waterfalls / Taveuni Island (FJD$85pp).
- Thursday - Guided Village Tour (FOC but souvenirs available to purchase).
- Friday - Pearl Farm Tour (FJD$85pp minimum of 2 pax).
- Saturday - Bouma Waterfalls / Taveuni Island (FJD$85pp).
- Sunday - Fijian Church Service (donation).
- They also offer kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, stand up paddle boarding and a full PADI dive facility. Full spa onsite.
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
Special offer valid for bookings by 31 March 2019:
- Stay 7, Pay 5; Plus: 30-min massage, transfers & $100 bar voucher per bure.
- Stay 4, Pay 3; Plus: Complimentary foot massage.
- Continental breakfast daily.
- Airport return transfers to/from Taveuni Airport.
- Fiji cooking demonstration.
- Nightly entertainment including weekly.
- Cultural Kava Ceremony and Meke performance.
- Sunday Village church service.
- Personalized water bottle.
- Daily maid & turndown service.
- Use of kayaks, paddleboards & snorkel gear.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.