Carpe Diem has 10 comfortable cabins of different standards divided over 3 decks. The different cabin types are suite (1), deluxe (1), high standard (2) and standard (6). All cabins have individually controlled AC, safety deposit boxes and their own private bathroom with toilet and hot water shower. The electricity voltage on board is of 220V and the plugs are of 3 pins UK type.
The very spacious suite, our SUN cabin, with over 20 m2 in size is located at the upper deck. The suite has a king size bed, a wide flat screen TV plus DVD/MP3 player and an ample closet plus storage space. The 5 windows give a beautiful view to the sea.
Opposite the suite on the upper deck is another big cabin, the STAR cabin, with a queen size double bed, flat screen TV plus DVD/MP3 player and 3 windows overlooking Maldives blue waters.
High Standard Cabin
The Carpe Diem has two high standard cabins, SEA and SAND, which are a little smaller than the deluxe cabin on the upper deck and located on the main deck with queen size double beds and TV plus DVD/MP3 players.
In the lounge they have a stereo (where you can plug in with Stereo RCA) and up at the dining area there is a small stereo with a 2x3.5mm stereo cable so that anyone can plug in an iPhone/iPod.
- Built: 2008
- Port of Registration: Male’ / Republic of Maldives
- Length (m): 35
- Width (m): 10
- Maximum Guests: 20
- No. of Cabins: 10 (1 Suite, 1 Deluxe, 2 High Standard, 4 Standard, 2 twin sharing Standard)
- No. of Bathrooms: 13
- Air-Condition: In any enclosed area of the Boat and in each Cabin
- No.of Crew: 10 + 3 on the diving dhoni
- Engine: Doosan Daewood Diesel Engine 650 Hp
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7,000 litres
- Navigation: GPS, Sounder
- Communication: VHF Radio, Internet, GSM
- Generators: 2 x Doosan Daewood Marine Soundproof, 50 Hz, 380V, 45KW
- Electric Voltage: 220 / 50 Hz, 24 hrs / day
- Fresh Water capacity 5,000 Litres
- Water Maker: 16000 litres/day (2 x Osmotic Treatment Plants – Wasco Atlantic 400)
- Diving Dhoni
- Nitrox on Board
- HP Compressors: 2 x MCH 16 Coltri Sub (530 L/min, 18CFM), Bauer M320
- Nitrox Gen: Coltri Sub LP320, Nuvair Membrane
- FA Oxygen on board: 10,500 Liters
- Dive Gear Rental
- Diving School
- Extra Activities: Wind Surf, O-ring, water ski
- Airport meet and greet by TPW ground services.
- TPW Welcome pack.
- Group return Male airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost)
- Luxury accommodation in air-conditioned cabins.
- Full board - 3 buffet (all you can eat) meals daily.
- Unlimited tea, instant coffee & mineral water.
- Night fishing trip - they offer 1 night fishing trip by dhoni, and you can fish from the back of the boat any time.
- DVD & book libraries.
- Snorkelling equipment.
- 61 foot Dhoni (tender) for diving or surfing.
- 15 ft Dingy (tender)
- Wester Surf Experience Manager & head guide
- Expert local guide to assist the head guide
- Dive master on board (Dives and PADI certified courses cost extra)
- TPW Service Guarantee.
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol and other bar items such as Espresso coffee is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand.
- Return Laamu Atoll trips fuel surcharge.
Fishing in the Maldives is done by hand line only, even for bigger fish. They provide hand-fishing lines and weights and bait fish, so that you can have a go - Maldivian style. If you would like to do trolling or if you bring your own rods and want to go on separate fishing trips, there will be an extra charge.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
Other Surf Experiences
Ken (July 2015)
The boat Carpe Diem was great, air conditioned and well provided for. The food was superb and plentiful. The crew were very friendly and helpful they refused no request. We sailed in comfort and when there was a general consensus where we wanted to go the boat sailed. The extra two boats were a god send so if we wanted to do two different things or go to two different places we were able to.
It was ramadam when we went but it didn't interfere with us at all. A brilliant holiday great guide, thoroughly enjoyable. I would recommend to any body who wanted to go surfing in the Maldives.
Dave (May 2016)
I had a great trip!! The other guys on board were awesome ( as to be expected) Made some good mates. The boat was great and we scored some really nice fun waves. Had one couple of days that was really good hitting the 4ft mark, the other days were smaller but still lots of fun. Surfed minimum of 6 hours each of the days so no grounds for any complaints. Surfed mainly Cokes and Chickens. Seem to be the better waves with a bit more power. All round good time. My next leave pass will probably look into checking out Mentawais. Perfect Wave team has been a great company to deal with. Will definitely use you guys again for the next trip!!