18 - 25 May 2018
This is your chance to surf with the 1988 ASP World Surf Champion Barton Lynch as you cruise between the Central and Male Atolls on board the spacious MV Naera. Barton's wife Holly is an experienced yoga instructor that will lead the morning yoga sessions to get you ready for the day.
Barton Lynch emerged from the beach breaks of Manly to become one of the most successful professional surfers of all time. His 15 year career included 17 World Championship victories and the highlight was winning the 1988 ASP World Championship. He is now widely recognised as one of the world's leading surf coaches, an expert commentator and still loves to surf more than anything.
Access Barton’s vast experience and knowledge from 35 years of surfing and coaching to assist you to improve your surfing performance regardless of your current performance level - although you must be able to paddle and catch your own waves, stand to your feet and ride a wave. BL will help you with your knowledge of the ocean and the breaks you surf and show you how to manage the lineup to catch more waves.
There will be a focus on learning the correct techniques and style for all the manoeuvres. Barton Lynch will share stories from his years on the world tour and give you an insiders view into the world of professional surfing as well as equipment analysis - quiver and board advice from the World Champion.
The MV Naera is the newest addition to The Perfect Wave Maldives Charter Fleet. This catamaran is capable of cruising at night to maximise surfing time during daylight hours.
- 16m Dhoni (tender)
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Night travel to maximise surf time
- Length: 25.25 metres
- Beam: 10.82 metres
- Draft: 1.40 metres
- Height: 8.6 metres
- Main Engine: 2 x 220hp with 2500rpm
- Speed: 10 knots
- Generator: 2 x Onan/Cummins 37.5KVA each
- Fresh water tank capacity: 10,000 litres
- 2 desalination systems that produce 2,400 litres per day each
- Fuel tank capacity: 5000 litres
- Life jackets: 50
- On board communications: Marine UHF radio, satellite telephone, HF radio, CB radio and local cellular phone
- Emergency inflatable dinghy
- Fully equipped kitchen that can cater for 40 people
- Remote console on board compressor fills 4 tanks simultaneously
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- 16m Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Western Surf Experience Manager and a very experienced local surf guide
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Quality Assurance Guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
Surf photography and video packages available with Andy Potts (additional cost subject to package)
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|18 May 2018||25 May 2018||7 nights||0||-||
Laamu to Male
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
- Deposits required for Naera is US$500 per person or $5,000 exclusive boat.
- Full payment required minimum 90 days before departure for Naera
- Full payment is required immediately for any bookings made inside of 90 days before departure.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Got some great waves, ton of fun. BL and Holly were awesome... Brian was a great guide, real knowledgable and informative of the reef type and hazards (urchins, etc.) He even arranged for a rental board when my husband's snapped in half. We didn't end up needing to rent it, but he had it available for us to use within like 12 hours of his board snapping which was awesome. Was also glad we got a chance to do a dive since there was a divemaster on board-that was a great addition to the trip. Divemaster was real good, took us to a great dive spot.
Great trip. Barton and Holly put a massive effort in and were extremely generous with their time, experience and enthusiasm. Complemented by Brian our guide. A really nice helpful guy and a great ambassador for perfect wave. This is my 2nd Perfect Wave trip and would love to go on another with Barton in the future. Learnt heaps.
The knowledge and experience of our local guide Brian combined with Barton Lynch made this the best surf trip I have ever been on. An amazing balance of healthy yoga (thanks Holly) with professional surf training techniques (thanks Barton). All in a beautiful, friendly and fun location that was both relaxing and interesting enough to keep my wife entertained along with 3 other partners - this meant I could really enjoy focussing on the super fun 2-4 foot waves we scored every day. I would definitely be keen to do it all again.
G'day Jamie and Matt! Insane trip. Stoked, stoked, stoked. It was a great trip with Brian taking us to all the right spots around the Maldives. Super fun conditions day after day. And brilliant to have it professionally photographed and even video – more stoked!! Barton and Holly then turned a great trip into an epic adventure. The best Suzie and I have ever had. Holly's yoga each day - my wife and I both loved getting recharged with this. BL's decades of wisdom combined with infectious energy that would put any grom to shame.We still can't believe how good it was and how lucky we were to share it all with a great bunch of people. Thanks again guys and keep me posted on future adventures.
Adam (September 2017)
The crew on the boat were amazing we didn’t need to ask for anything. The main reason why we all went on the boat was to talk and surf with a world champ, which Barton went way beyond what he had to do spending more time with each individual person in and out of the water than anyone of us expected. I'd like to thank Barton Holly and Lion, all the crew on boat and at the Perfect Wave and a big thanks to Andy Potts for the photos and vids of our trip of a lifetime which we can always watch and remember.
This week surfing legend Barton Lynch and wife Holly are playing host here in the Maldives. To be honest, I did not really know what to expect for day one of this trip. As it turns out, it has been incredible. Holly led a sunrise yoga class then Barton took over in the surf coaching his guests through countless waves in perfect conditions. It was amazing to see Barton catch a wave then sit in the channel and watch as people surfed, then he would paddle back out with them offering tips and pointers on how to improve. Add to all that another perfect day with great swell and no crowds and you have the stuff dreams are made of.
Barton Lynch is one of the true professionals recognized not only for his surfing but his ability to articulate provides an outstanding opportunity to enjoy one of the most comfortable roomy boats cruising any surf destination.
The trip were amazing! Barton and Holly were awesome and I would recommend a trip with them to everyone.