Celebrating 15 years of surf charters in the Maldives, the Hamathi will comfortably accommodate up to 10 surfers in 2019. We have options for trips in the Southern, Central, and Male Atolls. The boat can be chartered exclusively for small or large groups.
It is an amazing surf charter boat with the bonus of an outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals. There are 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage. If you haven’t been on a charter before you will see, having all these different chill out areas is a real bonus.
Hamathi can comfortably accommodate 10 passengers.
She’s a great surf charter boat with the bonus of an outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals. The lounge area has the normal facilities of TV, DVD and stereo for your entertainment and full bar facilities. There are 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage.
The Meemu, Thaa and Laamu Atolls offer spots exposed to all directions and for all levels. All spots in the Meemu Atoll are on a coast line facing to the east. There is always a left- or a right-hander well-protected from the predominant south westerly wind directions. South-easterly or even easterly winds may affect all spots negatively. All spots are close to each other so that you can change spots within a few minutes!
The Thaa Atoll picks up south-west swell and may be even bigger than spots on east facing coastlines of other atolls. Due to its secluded location, it is almost guaranteed that you will not even spot another surf charter during your stay. The spots are well protected from North to Northwest winds. Conditions may be fickle with other wind directions. This area will be chosen only in very stable weather conditions.
Spots in the Laamu Atoll are spread from the south facing coastline along the east facing up to the north-east corner where waves wrap around. As a result you will find spots protected from all wind directions except a rare straight easterly breeze.
Southern / Outer Atolls
It is often said that the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (also named Huvadhoo Atoll) offers the best conditions of the Maldives. It works best in March, April and September to November. It picks up more swell than any other Atoll in the Maldives and from every direction. The Gaafu Dhaalu area offers the greatest quantity and variety of spots. To almost every island on the outside of the atoll, you will find one or two breaks. There is everything from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never ending playful waves. May to August can be fickle as the wind turns more southerly and may affect some of the south facing spots.
After you arrive in Male you will fly down south where our guide will pick you up at the local airport in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll. Anchors are lifted and you head off to one of the main 10-15 breaks or to some of the other less known spots. The Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll offers the greatest variety of all atolls and most diverse breaks. You will find everything from mellow long board waves to the hollow barrels. Depending on the wind direction our experienced surf guide will find spots for you that are working best at the time. Most days, you will surf up to 6 hours or even longer if you can handle it! After some of the best surf of your life, you will be dropped off at the Gaafu Dhaalu airport and flown back to Male.
For More information on the Southern/ Outer Atolls, with break descriptions and seasonality, please check out our Central & Southern Atolls region page.
"Total Maldives" trip
Why pick an area of the Maldives to surf when you don’t have to! We here at The Perfect Wave have created the “Total Maldives” trip. You can surf any atoll from the North Male to Laamu Atoll, or even further down south, if the conditions are good. This trip is a fully flexible, no-limitations surf safari taking you to secret spots around the island paradise chain with just you and your mates for company, except of course the abundant marine life. The only limitations is the weather and nature and your surf guide will make sure to advise you which breaks work best under any given weather conditions. This is the first trip of its kind so be part of history and get on board Hamathi and experience this truly awesome surf destination.
Captain & Crew
Food & Beverage
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. Breakfast is tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast and a mix of jams and omelettes of your choice. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A hand of bananas ripen on deck. A full complement of alcohol is available for purchase.
- 5 separate twin cabins all with their own ensuite shower & toilet. The cabins are spacious and each bed has its own reading light. Each cabin is air-conditioned.
- Year built: 1999. Fully Refurbished in 2010 to brand new standard
- Size: 20.3m x 1.6m x 6.5m beam.
- Cruising speed: 12 knots.
- 220v Power: 10.5kv Masse Sound proof Generator.
- Desalination: 5.5 kv Onan Sound proof Generator (backup).
- Water Plant (3000Lts).
- 02 Freezer / 01 refrigerator.
- Communication: VHF Radio/Mobile phone/CB radio.
- Cabin Ventilation: Ceiling hatch and side windows.
- Length: 20.3m.
- Soundproof generator.
- Dingy with 25hp outboard engine.
- The dinghy is available at all times to guests. On a surfing safari, primarily it is for getting surfers to the breaks, however it is also used for fishing, snorkeling, island visits and any other purpose guests may wish.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Diving facilities (on request – please advise at time of booking). If your group as a whole wants a diving dhoni to accompany Hamathi, this can be arranged at extra cost. (It can be an expensive way of doing it if you only want a couple of dives while on a surf safari.) If just some of your group want to scuba dive, they might be better off going to a resort with diving facilities during the trip, or before/after it.
- Basic fishing gear (lines, hooks & weights). Please bring your own if you are a serious fisherman.
Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the boardbag.
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls.
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender).
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits).
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefit - Bonus Inclusion:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra bonus:
- US$50 off your bar bill, if you are a repeat The Perfect Wave client and The Perfection Pass holder.
- Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand. For reference 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Mars Bars and Twix bars on board to purchase.
- Kandooma Buffet: "All you can eat and drink" seafood & Champagne (Moët) buffet at Kandooma Resort is available on Wednesdays. The cost is about $110++ per person.
- 60 ft-foot surf & dive dhoni - $200 per day (minimum 2 weeks notice needed)
Food: Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles.
A safari is a journey or expedition, in this case, looking for "perfect waves." Your surf guide on Hamathi is Martey, the most experienced of all surf guides in the Maldives and it is his and The Perfect Wave's mission to find the best surf points with the least surfers present. On safari, Hamathi is free to move whenever to wherever to achieve this result. The Central Atolls is a large area, it includes Laamu, Thaa, Dhaalu, Meemu, Vaavu and Sth and Nth Male Atolls. On this trip you will see a great deal of the Maldives, many uninhabited Islands and villages and the expedition direction will be dictated by the surf conditions.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|23 Aug 2019||30 Aug 2019||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-||
|06 Sep 2019||13 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-||
|16 Sep 2019||23 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-||
|23 Sep 2019||04 Oct 2019||Surf Charter||11 nights||0||-||
|07 May 2020||17 May 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Laamu - Male'
|17 May 2020||27 May 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Male' - Laamu
|27 May 2020||06 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Laamu - Male'
|08 Jun 2020||18 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Male' - Laamu
|19 Jun 2020||29 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Laamu - Male'
|30 Jun 2020||10 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||7||US$2,270||
Male' - Laamu. Open trip (Individuals welcome!)
|11 Jul 2020||21 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Laamu - Male'
|21 Jul 2020||24 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||3 nights||0||-||
|24 Jul 2020||01 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||8 nights||0||-||
|01 Aug 2020||09 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||8 nights||0||-||
Male' - Laamu
|09 Aug 2020||19 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,270||
Central to Male'
|19 Aug 2020||29 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-||
Male' Atolls to Central
|29 Aug 2020||08 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,520||
Central to Southern Atolls
- Prices above do not include international flights.
- Prices above are per person, based on individual bookings. Minimum 6 surfers are required to run a charter.
- All prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Charter duration can be flexible - please ask your consultant for a customised quotation.
- 30-foot surf & dive dhoni available for hire - minimum 2 weeks notice (US$250/day).
- Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the boardbag.
- Domestic Flights to Maldives Outer Atolls are variable and subject to change without notice. For this reason do not book international flights into and departing Male until your Outer Atoll charter is confirmed and domestic flight schedule ticketed. Flight schedules are outside the control of TPW and the risk of changes remains with the traveller.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.