Join Shane Dorian, Shane’s wife Lisa and two children Jackson and Charlie for the week of a lifetime, aboard luxury surf charter boat Carpe Vita: 22-31 Jul, 2020.
This is an incredible one off experience where you can surf, hang out with, and take tips from one of the greatest surfers of all time in a family friendly environment in paradise aboard a wicked boat designed and built for guests that enjoy a full-service surf charter.
Kick back and take surfing tips and anecdotes from video and photos of your perfect wave with Shane and world class pro photographer Andy Potts.
Extremely well respected former ASP/WSL professional, come big wave aficionado Shane Dorian, his wife Lisa, son Jackson and 10 year old daughter invite you to join them surfing and cruising the Central Maldivian Atolls aboard the luxurious 38m (127 feet) long motor safari yacht with a wooden hull with 10 guest cabins divided in 3 categories over 3 decks. Chill out, take some advice, tips and anecdotes from video and photos of your perfect wave with Shane and pro photographer/videographer Andy Potts.
Enjoy surfing some of the Maldives best reef breaks and relive your day of waves with daily slideshows and video analysis and informal chatter hanging out with Shane and family over a few refreshing beverages. Surf daily and take in Shane’s surf knowledge garnered over 3 plus decades surfing the world’s best waves and in the world’s biggest competitions.
Book on your own, bring friends or family. The food and refreshments will be plentiful as will the fun, shreddable surf.
We will have a professional photographer aboard to shoot video and stills of you, and you will watch the footage every night. A full video, photo and edit package available to all on board. The photo/video packages are included in the pricing.
This is an incredible one off opportunity to surf, socialize and learn from one of the greatest surfers of all time in a family friendly environment
The MV Carpe Vita is a 38m (127 feet) long motor safari yacht with a wooden hull with 10 guest cabins divided in 3 categories over 3 decks. She can cater for a maximum of 20 guests - but you only need a group of 10-12 to have the boat for an exclusive charter. Enjoy great food and cold beers as you relive your day of epic rides with daily slideshows and video analysis and informal chatter hanging out with Shane and crew. Surf every day and pick up tips from Shane’s surf knowledge garnered over 3 plus decades dominating the world’s best waves.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on the Carpe Vita is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.
Carpe Vita has 10 comfortable cabins of different standards divided over 3 decks. The different cabin types are Suites (2), Superior rooms (2) and Standard rooms (6). All cabins have individually controlled air-conditioning, safety deposit boxes and TV screens with DVD players and their own private bathrooms. The electricity voltage on board is of 220V and the plugs are of 3 pins US type.
The very spacious Suite cabins, are located at the upper deck. The cabins have king size beds which can be separated in two super single beds (39 inches), a flat screen TV plus DVD/MP3 player, desk/chair/dresser, two hanging closets, windows throughout the side of the cabin, bathroom with dual sink, bath tub and separate shower cubicle.
The Carpe Vita has two Superior cabins located on the main deck with king size beds which can be separated in two super single beds and desk/chair/dresser, hanging closet, large windows, private en-suite bathroom and shower cubicle.
A total of 6 Standard cabins are located on the cabin deck below the main deck. All cabins have one queen size bed and super single bed, desk/chair, dresser, private en-suite bathrooms with showers. All standard cabins have portholes.
Wifi internet connection is available for $15/week. You can also arrange a Maldivian SIM card on arrival.
In the lounge they have a stereo (where you can plug in with Stereo RCA) and up at the dining area there is a small stereo with a 2x3.5mm stereo cable so that anyone can plug in an iPhone/iPod.
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Luxury accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- 16m Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee
- Personal photo and video package.
Your personal photo and video package includes all content captured while on location. All material is edited to the highest quality and can be transferred to you via Hard drive, edits include all surf and lifestyle photos and video. All your RAW photos and videos are also available if required. Photos and video are captured from the water, land angle, boat angle and from the air with drone. Your photographer will be on all excursions including surfing, diving, special events and any additional requests from clients.
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefits:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra inclusions if you book a trip with The Perfect Wave Carpe Vita:
- US$50 off your bar bill, if you are a repeat The Perfect Wave client and The Perfection Pass holder.
Please note that all Carpe boats return to harbour the night before check out and dhoni will be unavailable in the afternoon to pick up supplies. No surfing on the day of check out.
- Alcohol and other bar items such as Espresso coffee is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand.
They normally have 1 or 2 dive guides/instructors on board during the surf trips. Diving is available and need not be booked in advance. Please note that the places good for surf are not always the best for diving.
As for courses, they offer the DSD, which is the discovery dive equivalent to the first lesson of your open water PADI course. The open-water PADI certification however takes more time and has skills classes in shallow water and 4 open water dives before you get certified. There is a shorter course which allows you only to dive till 12 meters and under guidance but they normally don’t recommend it.
You can use the snorkelling equipment on board without problems.
Fishing in the Maldives is done by hand line only, even for bigger fish. They provide hand-fishing lines and weights and bait fish, so that you can have a go - Maldivian style. If you would like to do throlling or if you bring your own rods and want to go on separate fishing trips, there will be an extra charge.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
*This surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|22 Jul 2020||31 Jul 2020||Standard Cabin - Double/Twin Share - Surfer||9 nights||11||US$5,433||
Non surfer price: US$3,852 p/p
- International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect Wave is a fully licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights with your boat charter.
- Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we get the best wholesale rates with Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airlines to Maldives.
- Please note that this boat returns to harbour the night before check out and dhoni will be unavailable in the afternoon to pick up supplies. No surfing on the day of check out.
- Domestic Flights to Maldives Outer Atolls are variable and subject to change without notice. For this reason do not book international flights into and departing Male until your Outer Atoll charter is confirmed and domestic flight schedule ticketed. Flight schedules are outside the control of TPW and the risk of changes remains with the traveller.
- Please click 'Enquire Online' to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Ryan (September 2019)
I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank you for all of your hard work in setting up my Dorian surf trip. It was an epic trip for my wife and I and we have you to thank. We appreciate all that you did to answer our questions and help during the booking process. We enjoyed it so much and can't wait for next year. You answered all of our questions quickly and helped us to prepare well for the trip. Thank you thank you thank you.
I cannot speak highly enough of my fantastic experience with Perfect Wave on the Carpe Vita. This was a surfing holiday for me, organised by my wife with the help of Charlie Pierce, and it all came together perfectly. The crew and facilities on board the boat were fabulous and the breaks we went to were always the best for the conditions. Everything runs like a dream on the CV. All crew are very accommodating, friendly and helpful.
Thank you for such a wonderful trip. Your company The Perfect Wave (Maldives) is such a professional outfit. Everything provided was first class. It definitely exceed all my expectations. I can assure you that I will recommend you to others. Hope to see you again sometime. Cheers … Rick
The Carpe Vita luxury boat in the Maldives has been on my bucket list for a long time, and TPW made it happen. The experience was even better than the fantasy!