The Perfect Wave Handy offers you a unique experience to explore the most consistent regions deep in the south of the Maldives Atoll chain in style. This massive boat will ensure you feel very comfortable when surfing one of the best regions in the world.
Your Perfect Wave surf guide is one of the most experienced guides in the country and will ensure you score the best of what the region has to offer.
With a pre-organised masseuse on board you can relax those tired muscles after a big day of surfing.
The Perfect Wave Handy is the latest addition to The Perfect Wave Maldives charter fleet. This beautiful 118-foot (36-meter) live-aboard is locally built of fine tropical timber and custom-designed for hunting waves in style. The Handy offers you a unique experience to chase remote waves across the Maldives in style, with the most experienced guides in the country. Chase the waves, run away from the crowds and wake up next to a new wave in the morning.
With 34 feet (10.50 meters) wide beam, it delivers a stable hull and very spacious cabins. This impressive vessel has a large suite room plus 10 twin, large double or triple air-conditioned guest cabins all with sizable en-suites.
There is a large lounge saloon that has comfortable sofas and armchairs, and a bar for cocktail happy hour. After a big day of surfing, you become hungry quickly, and the on-board kitchen team prepare three sumptuous meals a day with snacks whenever you’re hungry. Sun worshippers can choose from three sundecks, as well as shaded areas to enjoy the view without getting burnt.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on The Perfect Wave Handy is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.
Meemu, Dhaalu, Thaa and Laamu Atolls offer spots exposed to all directions and for all levels.
All spots in the Meemu Atoll are on a coastline, facing to the east. There is always a left- or a right-hander, well-protected from the predominant south westerly wind directions. South-easterly or even easterly winds may affect all spots negatively though. All spots are close to each other so that you can change spots within a few minutes! Inside F1 is the pick of this atoll and is a perfect, fun long right that stretches into the channel.
The Thaa Atoll picks up south-west swell and may be even bigger than spots on east facing coastlines of other atolls. Due to its secluded location, it is almost guaranteed that you will not even spot another surf charter during your stay. The spots are well protected from North to Northwest winds. Conditions may be fickle with other wind directions. This area will be chosen only in very stable weather conditions. Farms and Chambers are the pick in Thaa, with a left and a right across from each other you have both natural and goofy footers covered. And the backdrop is jar droppingly beautiful with the islands still uninhabitable.
Spots in the Laamu Atoll are spread, from the south facing coastline, along the east facing up to the north-east corner, where waves wrap around. As a result, you will find spots protected from all wind directions, except a rare straight easterly breeze. Machines is our pick here and this perfect mechanical right is a barrel machine on its day. We also like to spend an afternoon visiting Six Senses Resort for a cocktail or two when surfing Ying Yangs.
- 1 x Upper deck Suite
- 4 Upper deck large doubles
- 4 Lower deck triples
- 2 lower deck doubles.
Starting with the boat’s cabins, The Perfect Wave Handy guests can choose from double, twin or triple cabins on the upper or lower decks. All of the boat’s cabins are fully air conditioned and have private en-suite bathrooms with hot & cold showers. The upper-deck cabins all have double beds and include one suite. In the lower deck there is a mixture of twins and doubles.
36 meter / 118 foot
10.50 meter / 34 foot
Cummins diesel 450hp
Power / Generator
Cummings diesel 50 KVA x 2units – 220 Volts Stabilized & Super-silent.
11 Cabins( 5 Upper-deck Large Doubles / 4 Lower-deck Triples / 2 Lower Deck Doubles)
Radars / GPS / Radio VHF / DSC / SSB
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave Maldives welcome pack.
- Quality accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles.
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefit / Bonus Inclusion:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra bonus:
- US$50 discount off your bar bill, if you are a repeat The Perfect Wave client and The Perfection Pass holder.
- Local Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organise your favourite brand. For reference, 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Chocolate bars on board to purchase.
- Jetski - On Request (must be booked prior to the trip).
- A masseuse - Exclusive Price: $200 (4 hours per day) or $300 (5 hours per day). Must be booked prior to the trip.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|09 May 2019||17 May 2019||Surf Charter||8 nights||6||US$2,185|
Male' to Laamu. Open Charter.
|18 May 2019||27 May 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,424|
Laamu to Male'
|03 Jun 2019||13 Jun 2019||Surf Charter||10 nights||10||US$2,663|
Male' to Laamu. Open Charter.
|15 Jun 2019||22 Jun 2019||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|23 Jun 2019||02 Jul 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,674|
|02 Jul 2019||11 Jul 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,424|
Laamu to Male'
|12 Jul 2019||21 Jul 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,424|
Male' to Laamu
|21 Jul 2019||30 Jul 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,424|
Laamu to Male'
|08 Aug 2019||17 Aug 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,424|
Male' to Laamu
|18 Aug 2019||26 Aug 2019||Surf Charter||8 nights||12||US$2,185|
Laamu to Male'
|27 Aug 2019||05 Sep 2019||Surf Charter||9 nights||12||US$2,424|
Male' to Laamu
- PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.
- The prices listed with charter dates (above table) are per person, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
- Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
- Domestic Flights to Maldives Outer Atolls are variable and subject to change without notice. For this reason do not book international flights into and departing Male until your Outer Atoll charter is confirmed and domestic flight schedule ticketed. Flight schedules are outside the control of TPW and the risk of changes remains with the traveller.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.