Mentawai Surf Retreat is located on Nyang Nyang Island in the Mentawai Islands. The resort is located right on the water with Pitstops and E-Bay surf breaks just steps from every bungalow. In addition, Mentawai Surf Retreat is situated in the Playgrounds area, having access to over 25 additional breaks by boat. When it comes to location, nothing compares to waking up to the sound of the waves, checking the surf from your bed, and paddling out as the sun starts rising over the jungle.
If you are looking for a place to escape reality, disconnect from the day to day hustle while surfing some of the best waves in the world, Mentawai Surf Retreat is the spot.
Location, Location, Location. Mentawai Surf Retreat is located in the best possible spot in the Mentawai Islands. With Pitstops and E-Bay as our front yard, you have the opportunity to surf non-stop, you don’t need to rely on boat schedule like most resorts. In addition to having waves on your doorstep, they have access to over 25 surf breaks by boat, including Rifles, Kandui, Burger World,Bank Vaults, and more.
The resort is eco-friendly, operating predominantly on solar power and utilizing rain and natural spring water. Mentawai Surf Retreat is traditionally built with materials from the local islands by the Mentawai people.
Mentawai Surf Retreat is a small resort with an open air Restaurant/Bar and 3 open air bungalows. All 4 buildings have a breathtaking view of Pit stops surf break and is just steps from the water. The bungalows accommodate 3 to 4 guests and the resort accommodates a maximum of 10 guests. Small groups allow for more flexibility on a daily basis.
Enjoy 3 delicious meals a day prepared consisting of Indonesian classics, western favorites and tasty desserts by local Mentawai Chefs.
In order to keep the full experience enjoyable, transportation to and from the airport and the resort are both arranged by Mentawai Surf Retreat.
Mentawai Surf Retreat has 3 bungalows traditionally built by the local Mentawai people. The open air design with the ocean breeze keep the bungalows cool and comfortable. All bungalows have larger balconies with an oversized bench overlooking Pitstops and a large en-suite bathroom with views of the vibrant jungle.
Bungalow 1 & 2:
- Accommodates 3-4 guests
- 1 king size bed
- 2 single size bed (bunk bed)
- Accommodates 4 guests
- 2 single size beds
- 2 single size bed (bunk bed)
Surf & Other Activities
Mentawai Surf Retreat is a great place for surfers and non-surfers because of the wide variety of activities available to our guests.
- Surf: In addition to having Pitstops and E-Bay as their front yard, they also provide two boat trips a day accessing over 25 breaks in the area. This means that unlike other resorts, your sessions aren't dependent on their boat schedule. At the Mentawai Surf Retreat you can get more waves for your money and surf from sunrise to sunset.
- Beach Excursion: White sand beaches with clear blue water is the perfect way to start any morning. Grab a cup of coffee and take stroll down the beach to collect beautiful shells, explore the tide pools, or just sit in the sand and enjoy the scenery.
- Village Tour: The perfect way to learn about different cultures is to visit one. The Mentawai villages are filled with friendly people and beautiful homes. The Mentawai people are very hospitable and you will often be invited into one of the local’s homes for a tour and some tea.
- Snorkeling: The reef out front of the Mentawai Surf Retreat is filled with beautiful reef and fish. You could spend hours swimming around the clear blue ocean.
- Jungle Hike: The Mentawai Surf Retreat is a beach front property with an amazing jungle as our backyard. If you are feeling a bit adventurous feel free to set off on a through the jungle. Don’t worry a local tour guide will be with you the entire time to show you the way.
- Fishing: If you are not keen on surfing or you just need a break, fishing is a great way to spend your spare time.
- Relax: You can always just kick your feet up and read a good book. Enjoy the island life by just doing nothing, take a nap in a hammock or get a tan on the beach.
- Movies and Games: They have a wide variety of movies to watch on our big screen projector and games that can be enjoyed by all.
|7 nights||Bungalow Triple Share||Package||US$2,039||Per person||29 Aug-19 Sep|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements. Please contact us for a tailored packages to meet your needs.
- Please click " Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialist.
- Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
- Three meals a day and snacks
- Water, coffee, tea and juice
- Two boat trips a day to surrounding surf breaks
- Experienced Surf Guide
- Jungle treks
- Village excursions
- Surf Photographer
- Transportation to and from airport in Padang
- 3rd party speedboat transfer
- Soft Drinks, Smoothies, and Alcohol
- Picture Packages
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Benjamin (October 2016)
The trip was great!
We all got some nice waves, you can see some in the link below, when I get some photos sorted I can send:
Hank (October 2014)
Mentawai Surf Retreat could not have been a better choice for an amazing surf trip. I have been surf traveling for years and this tops the list. The resort is just as it looks in the pictures and the staff could not have been better hosts and guides. Every aspect of the trip was organized and comfortable. The beautiful bungalows were relaxing, the restaurant served delicious food and the boat transfers to the resort and waves were fast and designed to get us into the best waves in the area each day. I lost count of how many amazing surf sessions I had and you can easily surf 3-4 sessions per day, especially with the fantastic wave right out front. There are so just many choices for excellent waves. I was hesitant booking in the Mentawais at first as this trip was with my 9 year old. However Mentawai Surf Retreat was simply the best choice for my son and I. At the camp, in the boat and in the water, we both truly enjoyed every golden moment. Everyone, from hardcore surfers to casual ones and families to groups of friends, will remember this special place as the ultimate place to have an unforgettable surf adventure. MSR, thank you... we are coming back soon.