Just Dreaming Surf Charters is the only charter boat operating in West Java and Panaitan Island area. They specialise in getting you uncrowded perfection every trip.
From hollow, powerful rights to the most perfect left point breaks in the world (One Palm), West Java and Panaitan Island has it all, with no crowds.
The boat takes up to 8 surfers and has a very experienced crew with lots of local knowledge. The waves you can access suit experienced surfers only.
Just Dreaming was the first surf charter boat operating in the West Java and Panaitan Island region, and has now been operating in the area for more than 25 years. They are still the only western charter boat operating in the area.
Skipper Manto has unsurpassed knowledge of the West Java region. First sailing Just Dreaming from Bali to West Java. Manto has worked on the boat for over 20 years and has seen more waves out at Panaitan Island than possibly anyone in the world. A highly experienced lifeguard, fisherman, spear fishermen, free diver, mechanic and surfer he knows the area like the back of his hand so you will be in the best possible hands.
Cook Ito is perhaps the most valuable crew member to the guests, serving excellent food non-stop for ravenous surfers. Feeding charter after charter of starving surfers for this time, Ito is definitely doing something right! His specialty? Catch yourself a yellowfin tuna and he'll present you with wasabi seasoned sashimi and a cold Bintang…
Deck-hand, mechanic, and tender driver Nomo compliments the crew. Having been with Just Dreaming for over 5 years, Nomo also knows Just Dreaming and West Java incredibly well and will do all in his power to help you have an incredible trip. Always busy and always working, he makes his way around the boat without you even noticing and is pivotal in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- One Palm Point – This reef is one of Indonesia's left-hand wonders. A wave that barrels from start to finish, creating record tube time. This is not a place for timid or inexperienced wave riders, but it is a place to score the best, longest, barrel of your life. Needs a big swell to show its teeth and helmets and wetsuits are mandatory!
- Napalms – Another barreling left-hander located further inside the bay from One Palm. If you know anything about barrel riding, you can't fail at Napalms. A perfectly shaped reef allows this left-hander to bend and refract at just the right angle for you to set your line, pull in and get spat out. Different swell angles and sizes make this more or less rippable. For the intermediate to experienced surfer.
- Inside Lefts – An incredibly fun and incredibly long, left-hander. Sometimes this wave seems like it can go forever. Picking up almost any swell, it can be a go-to wave when conditions are small or, conversely, it might be a good option when the heart has had enough racing from it's more intense neighbors. Suitable for all skill levels.
- Apocalypse – a draw dropping right. It might not look like much if you approach it from behind, but paddle into one from Just Dreaming and you will discover what all the hype is about. A slabbing right. This is a wave that barrels. Nothing else. Needs a big swell to fire up. Experts only when big.
- Illusions – Just seaward and up-shore from Apocalypse is the beautiful right, Illusions. A lot less heavy than big brother Apocalypse, this wave is a natural footers dream. Illusions provides barrels and rippable sections. Fun for all levels of surfers: beginner, intermediate and experienced.
- Indicators – On the west side of the bay above Illusions is a super fun right that breaks fast and down the line. A solid south swell at low tide will get this spot firing. Best at lower to mid tides, but surfable on all tides and fun for all abilities.
- Ranger Station – Directly in front of the only building on Panaitan Island, the Ranger's Station, lies an A-frame peak that throws out a playful, sometimes hollow left and a fast pockety right with an occasional air end section. With a great mooring right next to the left in an idyllic bay, it's a great place to get fun waves, watch your mates surf or just relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Angels: A super fun left-hander that breaks in a deserted, isolated bay. Starting off fast, and sometimes hollow, it runs along and ends in deep water. Another go-to spot when the heart needs a rest and the crew just wants to have some fun and smash out a few turns.
- Air conditioned dormitory-style accommodation sleeping up to 8 guests.
- TV with VCR, DVD and Blu-Ray player.
- Stereo with radio, cassette and CD player as well as connections for mp3, iPod and iPhones.
- Western style internal shower & on-deck shower.
- Western style toilet.
- Wide variety of recreational equipment, including fishing, spearfishing and snorkelling gear.
- Modern refrigerator, freezer and commercial ice-making facilities.
- Back-up 240V generator for all power needs.
- Stereo (tape/radio/CD player).
- Shower & toilet & deck shower.Radar.
- GPS and plotter.
- Depth sounder.
- VHF/HF/27MEG radios.
- Inflatable life jackets / MOB equipment.
- Life raft.
- First aid kits.
- Tender with outboard.
- Satellite phone.
- Return transfers to/from Jakarta airport to/from Anyer Harbour.
- Charter accommodation.
- All surf transfers in tender to and from Just Dreaming.
- 3 hearty meals per day.
- Plenty of snacks and fruit.
- Unlimited soft drinks, cordial, water, tea and coffee.
- All use of recreational equipment on board, such as snorkelling, fishing and spearfishing gear.
- All use of safety equipment if required.
- The required Indonesian Government and National Park permits and surf levies.
The charter departs from Anyar Harbour which is approx. 2 hours drive (depending on the traffic conditions) from Jakarta airport.
As well as the great surf out on the ocean, you can also explore the amazing natural jungle on land, which is part of the Ujung Kulon National Park, or climb the famous Krakatoa, a live volcano! Panaitan is home to an isolated population of wild deer, tigers, panthers, snakes and numerous other forms of rare and endangered wildlife.
- Package does not include alcohol, however, before boarding Just Dreaming, a request can be put in for the amount of cartons of beer you feel your charter will require and the crew will source for you and collect payment afterwards. This is purchased at the local Indonesian price, which you will find is much cheaper than regular Western prices. Spirits can also be purchased of your own accord and brought on board.
|23 Feb 2020||04 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|06 Mar 2020||16 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|18 Mar 2020||28 Mar 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|30 Mar 2020||09 Apr 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|11 Apr 2020||21 Apr 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|23 Apr 2020||03 May 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-|
|05 May 2020||15 May 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-|
|17 May 2020||23 May 2020||Surf Charter||6 nights||8||US$1,091|
|30 May 2020||09 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|12 Jun 2020||22 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|25 Jun 2020||05 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|08 Jul 2020||18 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|21 Jul 2020||31 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|03 Aug 2020||13 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|16 Aug 2020||26 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|29 Aug 2020||08 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|11 Sep 2020||21 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|24 Sep 2020||04 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|07 Oct 2020||17 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
|20 Oct 2020||30 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||8||US$1,828|
- Above prices listed are per person, based on a full charter booking.
- Prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Please click Enquire Online to email us, or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Angus (May 2016)
Thanks for organising out trip to West Java everything couldn't of gone better we got some pretty fun waves the hole time and the crew where awesome with picking the spots and cooking awesome feeds. We couldn't of asked for a better first trip Thanks for all your help.
No exaggeration, this was the best trip I ever had. We scored Panaitan rights (illusions and Indicators) off shore and uncrowded for eight days of our trip, btween 3 and 6ft.The boat was a bit cramped with eight punters, one guide and three crew but it was clean and the crew did everything they could to help us enjoy our time on the Ketch.Johno the guide was relaxed and informative, giving us waves constantly, taking great photos for a reasonable price and giving us advice on how to approach each of the waves we surfed.Danna the cook did an amazing job with the fish blokes caught and the curries and indo dishes (pisang goreng) were beautiful.Manto the skipper and Sibi the deckie were legends and made us feel safe and thoroughly looked after at all times.If you are thinking about this trip stop thinking and just book it. You won't be disappointed.
Experience Begun: April 2014
Created on: Monday 12 May 2014
Hi guys, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to say thanks for an unbelievanle experience, Olly is an exceptional skipper whose knowledge of the breaks and island is highly recommendable, his cool character set the tone for an amazing adventure and he led by example by charging the hardest at One Palm Point, the food was great all thanks to Baba Hanky. Sivy and Manto knowledge of fishing and the little channels in and around the bay insured that we caught alot of fish which was most enjoyable. I will not hesitate to recommend the trip to friends and you can count on me coming back next year. I will be uploading some photo's and I have a nice one of Olly and the Just Dreaming Boat that I will tag you in and can be used in the boats advertising library. Huge thanks to Josh at The Perfect Wave for hooking this trip up for me, couldnâ€™t have done it without him and Iâ€™d highly recommend his services to anyone else out there looking to jump on a charter to Indo!Regards, Gary
Experience Begun: August 2011
Created on: Friday 26 August 2011
Just wanted to touch base and thank you both for all your help and support in getting our trip up and running.The boys had an awesome time, and while we didnâ€™t get a â€swellâ€™ as such, we surfed at least twice a day in 2 â€“ 4 foot waves that were above and beyond the standard we would surf at home.A couple of the last days around at Rangers Station were super fun and everyone got some great barrels. Will shoot through a big folder full of pictures from the whole trip once the boys have finished sorted and editing them.Everyone was stoked!!!The crew were complete legends, the food was amazing, accommodation was perfect and the area itself is amazing!Everyone is super keen to get back over there, thatâ€™s for sure!Just wanted to let you know again that it was awesome and thank you once again!Canâ€™t wait to get back over there!
Experience Begun: February 2011
Created on: Friday 1 April 2011
I have just arrived home from your last trip out to the panitans. We had great waves, Napalms was amazing, and i'd love to come back and get illusions good (it was onshore, but still heaps fun)the crew were great, the food was really good. Ollie was super aware and responsive to everything that was going on throughout the trip, he was an awesome host. it was amazing how the whole crew just slipped around the boat, doing so much, making everything run so smoothly, but you would hardly notice them. i can only imagine that it would be hard to keep that level of service throughout the season, but with something like 4 months down they seem to be taking it all in their stride.an awesome trip, I had a great time.thanksPete
Experience Begun: August 2010
Created on: Monday 6 September 2010
Our first sight of the waves was an over head glassy barrel funnelling down the reef at Napalms. The wave was greeted with collective hoots onboard as we all scrambled to get amongst it. The rest of the day and the next were spent scoring perfect head high and head high plus barrelling lefts at Napalms and Tettes. By the end of day two we had all donated both skin and fibreglass to the Napalms reef but had the smiles of surf stoked men. The next 4 or five days are somewhat of a blur as the trip went from great to insane. We were greeted with wet season like conditions which meant the rights were on. Illusions was pumping and the boys made the most of it clocking up 6 to 8 hrs in the water. One day blurred into the next and we continued to score perfect, uncrowded, overhead waves. A brief stint at Apocalypse managed to impress all the boys as we watched a couple of pros pulling into stand up barrels on waves that have to be seen to be believed. As the swell dropped and the trades started to blow four ship wrecked Javanese locals emerged from the jungle and swam out to the boat. These guys hadn't eaten for 5 days and had been wondering through the jungle looking for help. After giving them a feed and some dry clothes we motored to the main land to drop them off and managed to surf a few waves in a magical bay called Angels before heading back to Panaitan Island. The next couple of days were small and we spent time at the top of the main bay surfing Croc n Rolls. Fun lefts and rights were had by all as we waited for the swell to hit in hope One Palm would turn it on. We woke on our second to last day with swell lines rolling through so we pulled the pick and headed for One Palm. The sight that greeted us as we pulled up was one I wonâ€™t forget any time soon. Perfect 3-4 ft barrels pouring down the reef with such perfection it was hard to believe. What a way to finish off a trip!! As we motored back to port we were met with an impressive lightning storm that lite up this incredibly beautiful place. As the final beers were drunk, the tunes cranked and the smiles on the boys faces said it all. A huge thanks to Siby, Manto, Cooky and Olly for a brilliant trip. I hope to see you again soon fellas!
Experience Begun: July 2010
Created on: Monday 6 September 2010
We arrived at Panaitan and weather was calm, we had a good trip down with calm winds the whole way down.The trip started off with some 3 foot, super clean napalm. It was a great intro for the boys. The next day we were expecting a large swell and the boys were keen for some bigger napalm which we scored.... solid 5 foot, heavy barrels, the same day we surfed 5 foot one palm, heaps of barrels for everybody.Next 2 days we surfed napalms and tetes, clean 3 foot conditions. The winds were good for the rights as well, and we surfed illusions 3 to 4 foot clean and doing its thing. Apocalypse was 6 foot solid, heavy barrels, but only broke briefly due to a wind change. The rest of the trip saw us doing the rounds of the bay with great head and and half high waves at napalms in the mornings then across to the rights when the tide dropped for great long walls at illusions.We ended up with 2 great surfs at Apocalypse, one was 4 foot and super fun. The next was 6 foot plus grinding barrels which were as wide as they were high.....very impressive!This was a ten day trip and saw the boys score great clean waves everyday.
Experience Begun: June 2010
Created on: Wednesday 7 July 2010
Hey Jamie,Sorry for the very late reply, has taken me till today to get all the photos off the boys after our Paniatan Island trip in July. We scored awesome waves throughout the trip and Iâ€™ve attached a few pictures. I cannot speak too highly of Olly and all the boys on "Just Dreaming", as they were great and made sure that we were all very well looked after. This included travel time, great food, good beer and fucking unbelievable waves. We scored One palm about 4-6 foot a couple of days with only a few of us out. Also scored 3-4 foot Napalms with just us boys out for about 4 hours. Its October now and we are still pumped about the trip.Thanks for all your help in organizing the trip, made life a hell of a lot easier. Trying to sort out attaching photos.. my computer keeps fucking up so Iâ€™ll try and get them to you eventually...Cheers again mateDale Cowling