Musket Cove is located on Malolo Lailai Island, 15 kilometres west of Nadi in the Mamanuca Islands, Fiji. Malolo Lailai is the biggest of the Mamanuca Islands and shares the island with Plantation Resort.
You can get there by plane in just 10 minutes on regular scheduled flights with Pacific Sun or 45 minutes on the Malolo Cat which operates a dedicated service three times daily between Port Denarau and Malolo Lailai. Complimentary coach transfers operate between Nadi airport/ hotels and Port Denarau for all Malolo Cat sailing times.
We can book these for you as part of the package.
A range of activities are available each day for your enjoyment. All Musket Cove Resort guests are provided with complimentary activities which include windsurfing, a scuba dive lesson in the resort pool, snorkeling trips and the free use of snorkels, masks and flippers for the duration of your stay. You can also water-ski, sail a hobie cat or an outrigger canoe, plus take a boat trip to Shell Village on Malolo Island.
Musket Cove has a fleet of power boats which make access to nearby resorts both easy and inexpensive. You can also go hiking to secluded beaches with a picnic basket, or even charter a yacht or a motor cruiser.
The resort has scuba diving for the more adventurous and resident instructors for those who want to take advantage of obtaining their certificate and dive on the renowned coral reefs.
ARMSTRONG ISLAND VILLAS:
10 villas each with two identical bedrooms and en-suite bathroom. The villas are nestled around beautifully landscaped gardens which surround a central swimming pool and barbecue area, exclusively for the use of Armstrong Island guests.
Each of the bedrooms in the villa, are air conditioned and equipped with a king-size bed, which unzips to make two single beds if required, so four guests can be accommodated comfortably. Ideal for two couples, or a couple with two children or 4 single people.
Your villa features a lounge area with CD Player, telephone, TV/VCR and a kitchen equipped with 2 gas burner stove & microwave. Your lounge leads onto a large over-water balcony which is the ideal spot for a pre-dinner drink, while admiring the view.
The inland lagoon is home to numerous varieties of fish life which can be viewed from the private marina pontoon in front of each villa. Private boat access is available to each villa.
The 6 Resort Villas provide home away from home comfort. They contain 2 separate bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom. The upper bedroom contains a king-size bed and the lower bedroom contains 3 single beds so is ideal for up to five people. Each bedroom is fully air-conditioned and also provides an overhead fan.
The large open plan lounge and kitchen area opens onto an elevated lanai (balcony) with a private spa pool, hammock and BBQ, perfect for enjoying the garden surroundings. There is a fully-equipped kitchen with a 2 gas burner stove, refrigerator & microwave.
All villas have a TV/VCR and CD/Radio and telephone located in each lounge.
There are 12 beachfront bures all with a king-size bed, 1 single bed and large en-suite bathroom. Ideally located on the beach & perfect for a romantic holiday.
These bures are fan-cooled and feature a CD/Radio, in-room safe, a breakfast bar which contains a toaster, crockery and cutlery, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a private verandah with deck furniture.
The beachfront bures are ideal for honeymoons or couples just looking for a relaxing break.
Surf & Other Activities
Lexmee Evening Star specialise in surf trips either by sharing or by private charter. It departs daily during high tide (just ask is when high tide is if you are not sure) You can choose to visit one of the 7 breaks, depending on which has the better surf and on your surfing skill. Breaks visited are:
Mamanuca Islands Breaks
- Wilkes Passage - This fun right-hander is great for most levels of surfers & is best at mid to high tide. Like most of the breaks in the area, it works best with S - SW swell. The only access is by boat. Unfortunately, it is very exposed and prone to being blown out by the prevailing trade winds. Afternoon glass-offs, though rare, can be a truly wonderous sight as clean right hand barrels peel off mechanically into the safety of the deep channel.
- Desperations - A classic wave that doesn't really work until its 4-5ft but just keeps getting better the bigger it gets. A left and a right with length, speed and nice hollow sections.
- Namotu Left - A left that breaks all year round, best from October to April with lighter winds. When its under 6 ft, it will even suit longboards, but becomes very challenging over 6 ft. Namotu itself is a quality wave, but remember to kick off at the end of your ride - don’t fall into the trap of going for that final barrel section - no one gets out of it.
- Cloudbreak - The
world famous WCT location is one of the best lefts in the world. With
the new laws prohibiting the exclusivity of surf breaks, you can now
surf this awesome waves any day you want. This is a serious wave though,
and will definitely sort the crowds out when it gets over 6ft.
- Mini Cloudbreak - Powerful, fast wave. The best wind direction is south-east. Best around high tide.
- Lighthouse – South of mini-cloudbreak, near the lighthouse. Unfortunately, this one rarely breaks, but when it does, it’s for pros or kamikazes only. Hollow, fast and powerful with a right and a left.
- Restaurants – This is a good, fast left hand reef break for pros or kamikazes only. However, with the new laws prohibiting the exclusivity of surf breaks you can now surf this awesome waves any day you want.
Depends on the break (charges are charged to your room, no cash payments)
- FJD$70.00 pp for Wilkes, Swimming Pool, Restaurants, Namotu Left & Tavarua Right
- FJD$90.00 pp for Cloudbreak and Desperations (advanced surfers only)
- "Dick's Place" Restaurant and Bar rates equal with any comparable dining facility anywhere in the South Pacific with a choice of outstanding dining options. Snacks are also available at the restaurant from after breakfast through to late afternoon and early dinner. For children 12 years and under, there is a special menu in the restaurant between 5:30pm - 7:00pm. Children under 12 dining with parents from the main menu pay only half price.
- The "Marina Coffee Cove" a relaxing coffee shop (serving snacks, child's portions, lunch, and morning and afternoon teas) is located on the veranda of "The Trader" General Store which is the place to visit to buy food or necessities for your bure or villa.
- "The Trader" General Store offers nibbles & snacks or something more substantial. They offer everything you require to prepare a full meal or a barbeque. They also have a range of fresh fruit and vegetables from their gardens, a delicatessen and bakery. The General Store can also provide a foreign exchange service.
- Ratu Nemani Bar is casual ‘sand between the toes’ beach bar serving local drinks and spirits. The barbecue is available on a ‘do it yourself’ basis unless it is being used for a catered function by the Resort. Barbecue packs are available as well as plates and cutlery for your convenience.
- There is a Bottle Shop facility available at special times for the purchase of selected beers, wines and spirits.
- Free watersports: Windsurfing, canoes, kayaks, snorkelling gear (free use of snorkels, flippers and masks for duration of your stay) snorkelling trips and a long boat trip to the nearby Fijian village of Solevu (a $2 fee will be levied if you wish to enter the village).
- Other activities at reasonable rates: Hobie Cats are available for hire. Water-skiing, sports & game fishing trips, sunset cruise by yacht or launch, day trips to nearby island resorts or to the Yasawas, day sailing cruises, Plantation 9 hole golf course (clubs available for hire), day trip shopping excursions by air or boat, yacht charters, scuba diving a full PADI instruction facility.
- Mandara Spa Massage on the Beach: enjoy a massage in the open air of the beachside bure (next to the pool). Also available are manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, tropical scrubs, hair braiding and other beauty treatments
- Babysitting: Off-duty staff provides this service at about $4 per hour. Bookings should be made at reception the day before.
- Boutique: offering casual resort wear, souvenirs, books, postcards, stamps, chemist and photographic lines, etc.
- Wedding facilities: From the simplest barefoot wedding to a traditional affair with all the trimmings, their friendly wedding coordinator will be there to help you plan every detail of your special day. All weddings performed in Fiji are legally binding and marriage licences are easily arranged. Whether you have a wedding party of two or one hundred, they can offer a choice of catering arrangements and locations. Ask us for more details
- Boat charters: there are a choice of boats we can arrange for day tours, overnight charters, or extended surfing & fishing charters – sleeping up to 10 passengers. Ask us for more details.
|7 nights||Garden Bures (Based on 2pax)||Room||Please enquire||Per person||01 Apr-01 Apr|
|7 nights||Lagoon Bures (Based on 2pax)||Room||Please enquire||Per person||01 Apr-01 Apr|
|7 nights||Beach Bures (Based on 2pax)||Room||Please enquire||Per person||01 Apr-01 Apr|
|7 nights||Garden Villa (Quad Share)||Room||Please enquire||Per person||01 Apr-01 Apr|
|7 nights||Island Villa (Quad Share)||Room||Please enquire||Per person||01 Apr-01 Apr|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Return airport and Malolo Cat transfers (min. stay: 6 nights).
- Daily hot & cold buffet breakfast.
- Arrival coconut water
- Chilled scented towels
- Handmade clay bead necklace
- Snorkelling equipment
- Daily snorkelling trips
- Solevu village tour
- Guided organic farm and medicine walks
- Secluded beach visits
- Book and Video library
- Weekly managers cocktail party
- applicable government taxes. 9% VAT, 10% STT & 6% Environment Lev
- If you stay at least 4 nights: F$200 per booking Food & Beverage credit + Free Cloud 9 excursion +Two hours Free SUP or catamaran rental.
- If you stay at least 6 nights: F$300 per booking Food & Beverage credit + Free Cloud 9 excursion or Dolphin Safari + 2 hours free SUP or catamaran rental.
- Daily bottled Fiji water
- Coffee / Tea making, homemade cookies
- Pure Fiji deluxe amenities
- In-room safes
- iHome docks
- Villa Flat screen TV (DVD only)
- Hair dryers
- Iron and ironing board
- WiFi (Free at Dicks Place Bistro and Trader Café / charge in bures).
Optional Meal Plans
Meal Plan = Lunch and Dinner: Adults F$145 per adult per day. Children F$65 per child per day
- Adults – 2 course lunches and 3 course dinners from resorts a la carte menus or theme night buffets
- Children – 2 course lunch and dinner from Dicks Place child’s menu, one course plus pastry at Trader Cafe or theme night buffets.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Claire (October 2016)
Thanks for your call and following up when we got back, sorry I missed you.
Just wanted to let you know that we had a fantastic time on our trip to Fiji, so much so that we are considering going again with the extended family.
Musket Cove really suited us. It was very laid back with lots of space and never crowded at the pool/beach/restaurants. We loved our Garden Villa, set in a big garden with a hammock and a cute path leading up to it!
We were across the road from the pool, main beach and restaurant which was very convenient. We had bikes for the week which allowed us to explore the island and find deserted beaches and great snorkelling spots. We took advantage of the free activities offered, such as the local village visit, cooking class, snorkelling trips, kayaks, kava ceremony, etc.
My husband Scott enjoyed a surf trip to Desperations which he though was fantastic.
Overall we had the 'Fiji' experience that we had hoped for!
Thanks for the great organisation Simone. It was definitely worth getting up early to start the journey.
We’ll be in touch in the future to organise another trip!
Alex (September 2014)
World class waves, from a family friendly resort at a reasonable price. You'd be mad to pass it up!
Sam (September 2014)
Thanks for organising a fantastic holiday for us. Musket Cove was perfect for a family surf holiday. We had some great waves and their was plenty of activities and relaxing for the non-surfers too. The trip was perfectly hassle free.
Tiffany (September 2014)
Just amazing! Staff so helpful and they organised everything! Ginas assistant was also amazing! Holiday was perfect and everything we expected and more. All I have to say is "wow"!! Thank you for a fantastic holiday.
Bevan (June 2014)
Sylvia was great, we gave her the info on what we were looking, we nervously followed her recommendations and in the end were very pleased with the advice she offered.
Liselle (April 2014)
Our Fiji holiday was an absolute success thanks to Kim from Perfect Wave. Everything went smoothly, all our connecting transport were there for us at the other end and similarly on the way back. We had 6 fabulous days on Musket Cove, recommended by Perfect Wave. I would recommend this resort without hesitation to anyone - perfect waves, perfect weather, friendly staff, great food. I cannot stop gushing about it...we swam, we kayaked, we snorkelled, we paddle boarded, we explored. My only regret - the holiday was not long enough to do everything we wanted to do. Thank you Perfect Wave.
Wayne (January 2014)
MUSKET COVE RESORT FIJI WAS FANTASTIC , FOOD WAS EXCELLENT ESPECIALLY THE FRESH FRUIT, HEAPS OF VARIETY BUFFET , MAIN MENU , DESSERTS ETC BREAKFASTS WERE GREAT AS WELL, ROOMS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE, PLENTY OF ACTIVITIES FOR THE FAMILY AND GREAT SURF. INTERNET ACCESS WAS NOT EXTENSIVE ON THE RESORT AND A LITTLE UNRELIABLE.OVERALL A GREAT HOLIDAY.
Ryan (March 2013)
The trip was awesome! the Musket cove and Fiji is great for everyone. Young/old couples, families and big groups of mates. The waves in Fiji are great, not to crowded everyone is Mellow and in good spirits all the time. Will go back for sure! Cheers Josh, Bula Vinaka.
Ben (April 2013)
Hi Marie,We had a great time in Musket Cove. The surf was good, the pool was excellent for the kids and the people were friendly.cheersBen
Marilyn (January 2013)
Hi MarieThanks for organising such a great family holiday for us all. You had everything organised perfectly. We could not have asked for better. The resort villas were perfect for us plus we had gardens surrounding for the kids to kick a ball around. It was not over populated so there was no hassle for beach lounges or the use of water activity equipment. The boys went surfing regularly which kept them very happy. We would return to Muscat Cove Fiji for another holiday. We love Muscat Cove due it not being overcrowded and the space between accommodation and the accessibility of everything e.g. shop, restaurant, pool, laundry. Thanks again for your organizational skills which let us have a hassle-free holiday. Happy new year and looking forward to letting you plan another holiday for my family when the occasion arises again.
Ken (August 2012)
Hello Marie,Thank you very much for arranging the trip for me and my parents. We really enjoyed it (great surf for me and a beautiful island for my parents to hang out at). Posted some pictures and stories here: http://kenkenphotoblog.blogspot.com/...and here: http://kenkenphotoblog.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-08-11T22:02:00-07:00&max-results=34
Chris (August 2008)
We had a wonderful trip Rhonda after the initial hickup everything ran so smoothly, unfortunately we only had the first 4 days of decent surf at Frigates though it was amazing. Fun playful 3-4 footers first 2 days, solid-hollow- glassy 5-7 footers on the third day got so many barrels and then solid 8-10 on the Sunday which was intense as our biggest boards were 6.3... Matt broke two boards and one wave tore his t-shirt in half.Yanuca was a wonderful experience truly untouched part of the world.The second week we enjoyed the luxuries at Musket Cove, the sun and the food (well done on getting food included - we ate like kings) unfortunately only one good surf at Wilkes and we missed out on Cloudbreak on the Saturday but Musket Cove was great really relaxed and a great environment.Seashells was ok, it has everything you need though we were only there for two days and didn't surf. It could be fun if you had a few people though it was pretty empty when we went. It's got everything you need though and they seem to cater for your needs. We were fairly content chilling by the pool so didn't really get into any of the activities... It did have a waterslide which is a plus in my book.Thanks heaps for setting everything up and you definitely will behearing from us again we all had a wonderful time.RegardsChris