The MV Carpe Diem is a 35 metre (115 feet) long motor safari yacht with a wooden hull. It has 3 decks plus a sundeck:
The lower deck provides for 6 standard cabins, 2 separate staff cabins, the engine room and crew quarters. Themain briefing area and lounge area, with a coffee / tea table offeringyou coffee/tea and drinking water 24 hours a day. It also has a wideflat screen TV, DVD/MP3 player.
Outside of the lounge area there is another sitting area in the shade with comfortable cushions, where you could have your afternoon tea while cruising and taking in the beautiful colours of the Indian Ocean.Furthermore the main deck has two comfortable High standard cabins, a galley and laundry room. From the outside as well as from the inside a staircase will lead you to the upper deck and bridge area with a C-shape sofa/reading area, in house library, the suite and deluxe cabins, a studio with internet, a shop and some business centre facilities.
Captain & Crew
With 13 crew on board to take care of your every need, this is a truly service-inspired charter boat. Captain Shereef is one of the best captains in the Maldives with 10 years experience navigating the best boats through every atoll in the Maldives, so he has your safety covered. He is supported by his 2nd in charge and they have another 2 boat boys & an on board engineer looking after every element to run a smooth & trouble free surfari. You have 2 chefs dishing up 3 meals per day of a mix of Asian and Western dishes and they are assisted by a full-time barman and waiter for evening cocktails and a truly fine dining experience. Each day your cabin is turned over by your own room attendant and fresh towels and sheets are just a request away.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on Carpe Diem is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.
For recreation you have a separate support craft, called a Dhoni. This vessel is a fully equipped surf & dive craft to take you to surf and dive spots while the mother ship is anchored in a safe vantage point.You have another 3 crew on this boat to look after your every need along with another 12 ft dingy to get nice and close to the breaks. For the divers on board you have two experienced dive masters to do dives in between surfs or even a Padi certified dive course for non surfers.
Carpe Diem has 10 comfortable cabins of different standards divided over 3 decks. The different cabin types are suite (1), deluxe (1), high standard (2) and standard (6). All cabins have individually controlled AC, safety deposit boxes and their own private bathroom with toilet and hot water shower. The electricity voltage on board is of 220V and the plugs are of 3 pins UK type.
The very spacious suite, our SUN cabin, with over 20 m2 in size is located at the upper deck. The suite has a king size bed, a wide flat screen TV plus DVD/MP3 player and an ample closet plus storage space. The 5 windows give a beautiful view to the sea.
Opposite the suite on the upper deck is another big cabin, the STAR cabin, with a queen size double bed, flat screen TV plus DVD/MP3 player and 3 windows overlooking Maldives blue waters.
High Standard Cabin
The Carpe Diem has two high standard cabins, SEA and SAND, which are a little smaller than the deluxe cabin on the upper deck and located on the main deck with queen size double beds and TV plus DVD/MP3 players.
In the lounge they have a stereo (where you can plug in with Stereo RCA) and up at the dining area there is a small stereo with a 2x3.5mm stereo cable so that anyone can plug in an iPhone/iPod.
- Built: 2008
- Port of Registration: Male’ / Republic of Maldives
- Length (m): 35
- Width (m): 10
- Maximum Guests: 20
- No. of Cabins: 10 (1 Suite, 1 Deluxe, 2 High Standard, 4 Standard, 2 twin sharing Standard)
- No. of Bathrooms: 13
- Air-Condition: In any enclosed area of the Boat and in each Cabin
- No.of Crew: 10 + 3 on the diving dhoni
- Engine: Doosan Daewood Diesel Engine 650 Hp
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7,000 litres
- Navigation: GPS, Sounder
- Communication: VHF Radio, Internet, GSM
- Generators: 2 x Doosan Daewood Marine Soundproof, 50 Hz, 380V, 45KW
- Electric Voltage: 220 / 50 Hz, 24 hrs / day
- Fresh Water capacity 5,000 Litres
- Water Maker: 16000 litres/day (2 x Osmotic Treatment Plants – Wasco Atlantic 400)
- Diving Dhoni
- Nitrox on Board
- HP Compressors: 2 x MCH 16 Coltri Sub (530 L/min, 18CFM), Bauer M320
- Nitrox Gen: Coltri Sub LP320, Nuvair Membrane
- FA Oxygen on board: 10,500 Liters
- Dive Gear Rental
- Diving School
- Extra Activities: Wind Surf, O-ring, water ski
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Luxury accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- 16m Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefit - Bonus Inclusion:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra bonus:
- US$50 off your bar bill, if you are a repeat The Perfect Wave client and The Perfection Pass holder.
Please note that all Carpe boats return to harbour the night before check out and dhoni will be unavailable in the afternoon to pick up supplies. No surfing on the day of check out.
- Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol and other bar items such as Espresso coffee is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand.
Please note that there is a fuel surcharge for trips outside of Male and Meemu Atolls (Thaa, Laamu, Dhaalu, Gaafu Dhaalu and other Outer Atolls incur an extra cost).
The Perfect Wave have teamed up with Awayco, a global surf gear rental company who carry a very wide range of quiver to rent for your next Maldives surf holiday. If you cannot or don't want to carry your surfboard all the way to the Maldives, you can book your preferred surfboard from a Awayco range, and the board will wait for you in the Maldives. Our Awayco hub is at Kandooma Resort in North Male'. Please talk to us about how to organize the board pick-up for your surf charter holiday.
They normally have 1 or 2 dive guides/instructors on board during the surf trips. Diving is available and need not be booked in advance. Please note that the places good for surf are not always the best for diving.
As for courses, they offer the DSD, which is the discovery dive equivalent to the first lesson of your open water PADI course. The open-water PADI certification however takes more time and has skills classes in shallow water and 4 open water dives before you get certified. There is a shorter course which allows you only to dive till 12 meters and under guidance but they normally don’t recommend it.
You can use the snorkelling equipment on board without problems.
Fishing in the Maldives is done by hand line only, even for bigger fish. They provide hand-fishing lines and weights and bait fish, so that you can have a go - Maldivian style. If you would like to do trolling or if you bring your own rods and want to go on separate fishing trips, there will be an extra charge.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|09 May 2020||16 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|16 May 2020||23 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|23 May 2020||30 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|02 Jun 2020||09 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|10 Jun 2020||20 Jun 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-|
|21 Jun 2020||01 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-|
|02 Jul 2020||09 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|15 Aug 2020||22 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|22 Aug 2020||29 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|29 Aug 2020||05 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|05 Sep 2020||12 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|12 Sep 2020||19 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|19 Sep 2020||29 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||12||NZ$4,475||
|29 Sep 2020||09 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||12||NZ$4,475||
|10 Oct 2020||17 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-||
|17 Oct 2020||24 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|24 Oct 2020||31 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-||
|01 May 2021||08 May 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|08 May 2021||15 May 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|15 May 2021||22 May 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|22 May 2021||29 May 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|29 May 2021||05 Jun 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|05 Jun 2021||12 Jun 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
|12 Jun 2021||19 Jun 2021||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||NZ$3,143||
- The above prices are based per person, for group bookings of 12-20 people. If you have a smaller group, please contact us for a customized quote.
- Please note that there is a fuel surcharge for trips outside of Male and Meemu Atolls (Thaa, Laamu, Dhaalu, Gaafu Dhaalu and other Outer Atolls incur an extra cost).
- International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect Wave is a fully licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package.
- Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we get the best wholesale rates with Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airlines to Maldives.
- Price is per person and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Please note that all Carpe boats return to harbour the night before check out and dhoni will be unavailable in the afternoon to pick up supplies. No surfing on the day of check out.
- Domestic Flights to Maldives Outer Atolls are variable and subject to change without notice. For this reason do not book international flights into and departing Male until your Outer Atoll charter is confirmed and domestic flight schedule ticketed. Flight schedules are outside the control of TPW and the risk of changes remains with the traveller.
- Please click 'Enquire Online' to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Brent (September 2018)
Carpe Diem is a outstanding boat. staff excellent. Rob guided us superbly and made our trip exceptional.
Jason (May 2017),
I had a great trip though. Surfed a lot (could have surfed more but conditions and circumstances got in the way), dived enough (saw huge manta rays), and had relaxing time as well.
James (May 2016)
We had a great time thanks! Boat and crew were excellent, food was delicious and great company from Murray, Nick and Chris. We really didn't take any photos of our own as Murray had that sorted, so hopefully you'll see the ones he took.
Other than that though all great!
Ian (June 2016)
Would like to thank the crew at the Perfect Wave for yet again an awesome trip. The boat, Carpe Diem was fantastic, and the crew looked after us very well, the food was spectacular Brian and Nano the surf guides were legendary. The surf was great surfing mainly Cokes, Jails and Sultans. My son and I had a ball, met some great people and had a lot of fun. Will recommend Perfect Wave to anyone and will definitely be back for a third trip.
Peter (June 2016)
I would recommend The Perfect Wave for any surf trip you could imagine. My trip went off flawlessly from start to finish.
They are very knowledgable on all areas of your trip and cater to all levels of ability.
I will certainly be using The Perfect Wave again in the near future.
Darren (May 2016)
Just wanted to say a massive thanks for such a great week on the Carpe Diem, it was by far the best surf holiday ever!!! Additionally your staff were fantastic the food was always exceptional!
I can't wait until the wife allows another trip, and in the meantime I will thoroughly recommend!
Dean (May 2016)
I've traveled with most of the major surf travel companies in Oz.
This was my 7th boat trip and the best. Perfect Wave were all over it, great to deal with, had all aspects of the trip well and truly covered.
I will travel again with the Perfect Wave.
Dave (May 2016)
I had a great trip!! The other guys on board were awesome ( as to be expected) Made some good mates. The boat was great and we scored some really nice fun waves. Had one couple of days that was really good hitting the 4ft mark, the other days were smaller but still lots of fun. Surfed minimum of 6 hours each of the days so no grounds for any complaints. Surfed mainly Cokes and Chickens. Seem to be the better waves with a bit more power. All round good time. My next leave pass will probably look into checking out Mentawais. Perfect Wave team has been a great company to deal with. Will definitely use you guys again for the next trip!!
Ken (July 2015)
The boat Carpe Diem was great, air conditioned and well provided for. The food was superb and plentiful. The crew were very friendly and helpful they refused no request. We sailed in comfort and when there was a general consensus where we wanted to go the boat sailed. The extra two boats were a god send so if we wanted to do two different things or go to two different places we were able to.
It was ramadam when we went but it didn't interfere with us at all. A brilliant holiday great guide, thoroughly enjoyable. I would recommend to any body who wanted to go surfing in the Maldives.
Angus (July 2015)
Everything went smoothly including the Flights transfers land accom ,boat accom . The crew on Carpe Diem were very accommodating (quite formal at times, keeping out of our way and making sure every little detail was attended to, were treated very well). Bob the guide was a standout keeping us up to date with what was going on with the surf. We had a couple of flat 2-2.5 foot days and Bob kept our hopes up by saying “the swell is coming”. Eventually waves came and we were all stocked with a 5-6 foot SW swell. The dhoni and runabout crew were diligent keeping an eye on us and always making sure the last surfer was back to safety. I personally want to thank you for all the travel arrangements you put together for our group. Very professional and relaxed. Thanks heaps.
Jeremy (May 2015)
i have not had a holiday experience like this before in my life
it was tick off the bucket list for me and i would go again in a heart beat
Kim (April 2014)
Cruising the Maldivian Southern Atolls on the Carpe Diem was nothing short of sensational. The trip will be etched on my memory forever and I will definitely be back. Thanks for a great trip Perfect Wave!!
Kevin (April 2014)
Brian and the Carpe Diem are awesome and they take you to some of the most beautiful places on earth.
Brendan (April 2014)
Excellent time and the perfect hosts. Loved the boat, food, and service.
Devon (September 2013)
Thank you Perfect Wave, we scored!! I know you didn't organise the swell (Thank you Huey!) but you did provide the perfect 'floating hotel' for us to crawl back onto after some epic surfs.As a health professional who eats really clean, one of my greatest concerns before the trip was that there wouldn't be a great selection of wholesome foods, like fruits, vegetables & salads and I wouldn't be feeling so great on a trip I was really looking forward to, BUT I was really impressed at every meal, so grateful!!The boat was really comfortable and I loved the crusiy nature onboard, but it was professional when required.Thanks for showing us all a great time, I'll be back!
Hatanbar (March 2010)
Hello all! I just want to say that I stayed on Carpe Diem boat in 2010 and spent fascinating, amazing and unforgettable time there. Carpe Diem staff and the crew made my stay a dream holiday and since that time I'm in love with Maldives, with the Ocean and with the Carpe Diem boat. The crew consists of extra-skilful and attentive people.