Enjoy a life full of amazing experiences at Soneva Jani, a new stunning and ultra-luxurious surf resort in the northern Maldives.
Surf the Maldives’ secret, uncrowded surf spots with Soneva’s new 100% eco-friendly and sustainable surfing programme.
The Baa and Noonu Atolls are home to surf breaks that range from beginner to advanced, with surf season running from May to September.
Soneva Jani is a stunning, luxurious surf resort consisting of a collection of over-water and island villas set in a beautiful blue lagoon of the Noonu Atoll.
The resort is a home to a unique, world's first eco-friendly surf program. Whenever you're not surfing one of the waves of the uncrowded Noonu or Baa Atolls, you can sit back and enjoy ultra-luxurious features of the resort, including a beautiful Soneva Spa, the resort's cinema, observatory, waterslides, or take part in water sports such as scuba diving and snorkelling. Your Personal Butler is on hand to serve all your needs 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your stay at Soneva Jani will be full of unforgettable experiences. Whether it is scoring plenty of uncrowded and secret surf breaks in the Noonu Atoll with Soneva's experienced surf guides, or non-surfing activities such as an astronomy cruise, private beach sunrise breakfast, the Maldives' first observatory, dolphin safaris, private snorkelling tours, or one of the many water sports (kayaking, SUP, windsurfing, kite-surfing or catamaran sailing - you name it), your stay will be unforgettable.
Back in your villa, you'll feel as if you've found heaven. All of them come with your own private pool, panoramic ocean views, modern and top-notch amenities and world-class design. Soak up the sun or retreat to the shade. Take in the blue vistas from the outdoor deck, dine in your private dining deck and slide into the lagoon... You'll have lots of fun every second of your stay.
One Bedroom Water Retreat
Max 2 adults + 2 children. A luxurious overwater villa with a private pool, a retractable roof (see the stars from your bed on a clear day), children's sleeping area, outdoor bathroom, in-villa wine fridge, upstairs dining sala, and sun loungers. The in-villa pantry and kitchenette is filled with treats, snacks and drinks. Also available with a private ocean slide. One Bedroom Water Retreats with a private slide into the ocean are also available.
Two Bedroom Water Retreat
Max 4 adults + 2 children. Features a private swimming pool, children's sleeping area, retractable roof, outdoor bathroom, in-villa wine fridge, outdoor deck, sunken dining area, daybeds, and sun loungers. Designed with luxurious yet sustainable materials. Two Bedroom Water Retreats with a private slide into the ocean are also available.
Three Bedroom Water Reserve with a Slide
Max 6 adults + 2 children. This 2-storey overwater villa features all of the above amazing facilities: a private pool, a retractable roof in the master bedroom (see the stars from your bed on a clear day), children's sleeping area, outdoor bathroom with a day bed, in-villa wine fridge, upstairs dining sala, and sun loungers. There are two chill out area with amazing ocean views (and one of them has a glass bottom to see the underwater life) and absolute privacy throughout the villa. Each morning, you will be woken up by a rising sun above the lagoon.
Four Bedroom Water Reserve with a Private Ocean Slide
Max 8 adults + 2 children. This is a stunning, sophisticated mansion elegantly floating above the azure lagoon. Boasts all of the above great facilities: A private ocean slide, master bedroom with a retractable roof to see the stars from your bed, 3 private bedrooms, a study, gym, an outdoor shower with a day bed, TV lounge, a walk-in minibar, kids sleeping area, a games room with a private pool table and an amazing sunken seating areas. The design is stunning and the villa has all amenities you would ever need.
Four Bedroom Island Reserve with a Private Slide
Max 8 adults + 2 children. This huge, 1,752 sqm property is based on an island, thus being the largest villa of the resort and having the most facilities. Enjoy never-ending luxury during your holiday: spacius chill-out areas, steam bath, sauna, TV lounge, beautiful dining area, huge private swimming pool that curves around the villa, your own slide, kitchen, in-villa wine cellar... It is surrounded by a lush jungle and coconut trees and offers you million-dollar ocean vistas.
- The Gathering: Drinks and tapas bar with amazing section of cocktails and tasty snacks.
- So Fresh: International food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Buffets with organic salads, hot cooking stations, wood-fire pizza oven and a central open kitchen for the chef to work his magic.
- Wine Cellar: Amazing selection of international wines with lots of organic and biodynamic choices. The sommelier will find the perfect wine for you to enjoy in comfort and luxury.
- So Engaging: International cuisine, dinner only. Private restaurant for max 5 guests. A fantastic, intimate experience with a master chef.
- So Imaginative: Private dining room for up to 20 guests. The master chef and a sommelier can whip up an amazing wine-matching experience for you if you wish so.
- So Starstruck: The first overwater observatory in the Maldives. There's just 4 tables at this beautiful dining area with a telescope on hand - the resident astronomer will help you navigate the skies.
- Zuhair’s Beach: Traditional Maldivian cuisine. A pop-up private-island dinner with a local Maldivian chef - prepared only with what he can catch or pick.
- The Director’s Cut: Japanese chef prepares amazing Japanese favourites with a contemporary twist. You can enjoy the dinner while watching a classic silent film at the overwater silent theater - an original experience.
Surf & Other Activities
Discover uncrowded and secret surf breaks in the Noonu Atoll with Soneva's experienced surf guides. All surf breaks are accessible within a 5 - 35 speedboat ride from the resort.The best waves can be scored between May and September, and the waves range from waist to head high.
All equipment is eco-friendly and made from recycled waste, making Soneva the first fully sustainable surfing program in the world. Equipment, rash guard, wax, and sunscreen are provided for usage and available for retail.
Duration: 3 hours. Private boat trips are available
The region is largely unexplored. There are currently 11 known breaks on Noonu Atoll, and more can be reached on a day trip to the Baa Atoll (13 known surf spots) and the surrounding areas. This is an amazing region for you, if you want to score recently discovered, or completely uncharted surf spots.
The water temperature is very consistent all year at 28 degrees.
Soneva encourages you to leave everything at home. They will provide the full surf gear: eco-friendly surfboards, rash guards, sunscreen, and wax. Join the sustainable surfing movement and let’s take care of our ocean home.
Introduction to Surf (Theory & Lagoon Lesson): For first time surfers to learn about the waves, conditions, safety skills, and basic surfing techniques in the safe and shallow waters of the resort's lagoon.
Baa Atoll/Noonu Atoll Surf Transfers: Three hours.
Includes: Experienced surf guide, water, snacks, eco friendly board rental and eco friendly rash guard, sunscreen, and wax.
Soneva in Aqua Surf Charter within the Baa & Noonu Atoll. Max 4 adults & 2 children. Includes: All meals (excluding alcohol and soft drinks), Personal Surf Instructor/Guide, Mr. Friday, Spa Therapist, Chef, and Captain.
- Wave 1 - 20 mins from the resort, S/W or W/NW swell direction, left and right. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 1 - 20 mins from the resort, S/W or W/NW swell direction, left and right. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 2 - 20 mins from the resort, SW swell direction, left-hander. Beginner/intermediate wave.
- Wave 3 - 30 mins from the resort, SW/NW swell direction, left-hander. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 4 - 30 mins from the resort, S/SWswell direction, left and right. Beginner/intermediate wave.
- Wave 5 - 20 mins from the resort, W/NW swell direction, right-hander. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 6 - 20 mins from the resort, S or W swell direction, left-hander. Beginner/intermediate wave.
- Wave 7 - House break, SE swell direction, right-hander. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 8 - House break, SE swell direction, right-hander. Beginner/intermediate wave.
- Wave 9 - 10 mins from the resort, E/W swell direction, right-hander. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 10 - 10 mins from the resort, E/S swell direction, left and right. Beginner/intermediate wave.
- Wave 11 - 12 mins from the resort, E/S swell direction, right-hander. Best for advanced + surfers.
- Wave 12 - 5 mins from the resort, SE swell direction, right-hander. Beginner/intermediate wave.
- Shared Dolphin Cruise
- Cooking Classes
- Turtle Beach Champa - An amazing yoga shala with ocean views
- Open Air Cinema (widest screen in the Indian Ocean)
- Glass studio (watch world-renowned glass artists create masterpieces)
- Private Observatory Session with a state-of-the-art telescope
Soneva Fushi features one of the most amazing kids clubs in the world: The Den. In this amazing, unique space, there are many great facilities such as 2 pools, a pirate ship, water slide and sun deck.
- library and cinema room for movies, presentations and lessons
- dress-up and make-up room - dress up as your favourite fantasy character
- Lego and Duplo room - so that your little ones get creative
- Music room - with guitar, full drum kit, keyboard and local instruments
- Learning area with games and colors
- Kitchen - learn to cook
- Open space - fresh air and daylight: swings, seasaws, volleyball...
- Pirate Ship - amazing playground for your kids
• Robinson Crusoe Castaway Picnic
• Sunset Dolphin Cruise
• Private Residences Tour
• North Beach Private Sunrise Breakfast
• Private Cinema
• Children’s Experiences
• Private Boat Trip with Instructor
• Sonu’s Picnic
• Private Beach Dinner
• Cooking Classes
• Maghoodhoo Island by Speedboat
• Full Moon Dinner
• Kudafari Island Speedboat
• Noonu Atoll Adventure Speed Boat
- Out Of the Blue: Two storey overwater structure with 5 unique dining outlets, a bar and a cellar.
- Once Upon A Table: A culinary theatre showcasing a no menu concept only for visiting chefs. 8 seats only.
- Modern Japanese Kitchen: Sashimi, torched Wagyu, black cod and other Japanese favourites with a contemporary twist.
- Chinese Kitchen: Modern Chinese cuisine.
- So Bespoke: Flames and smoke set the stage for this outdoor Teppanyaki table.
- So Hands On: An ode to seafood, this sushi counter has just 5 seats.
- The Bar & Cellar: A collection of over 200 wines.
- Fresh in the Garden: A Mediterranean restaurant without walls that rises above their herb and vegetable garden with panoramic views.
- Sobah’s Restaurant: Located on an uninhabited island only 15 minutes away by speedboat, serving uniquely Maldivian dishes with a modern twist by award winning Chef Sobah.
- Mihiree Mithaa: Daily buffet restaurant serving Asian, Mediterranean and International cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Down to Earth: Cherish a sense of togetherness and share a mouthwatering spread of crowd pleasing dishes. Mediterranean and International cuisine.
- The Wine Cellar: The in-house sommelier can show you a collection of 7,000 bottles, that include biodynamic and organic wines to help you pick your evening’s pairing.
- So Hot: An area with a tandoor oven, robata grill, josper grill and pizza area.
- So Cool: The in-house ubiquitous chocolate and ice cream parlours.
- So Fresh: The first overwater organic greenhouse in the Maldives, where you can pick the ingredients for your salads.
- So Delicate: A specialty cheese room.
|1 night||One Bedroom Water Retreat||Villa||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|1 night||Two Bedroom Water Retreat||Villa||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|1 night||Three Bedroom Water Reserve with a Slide||Villa||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|1 night||Four Bedroom Water Reserve with a Private Ocean Slide||Villa||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|1 night||Four Bedroom Island Reserve with a Private Slide||Villa||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages. Package durations and inclusions can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
The resort can be reached by a 40 minute seaplane flight direct from Malé International Airport, a 60 minute speedboat ride from Soneva Fushi, or by a leisurely full day cruise from Soneva Fushi onboard Soneva in Aqua. Soneva Jani has a private airport lounge exclusively for Soneva guests at the seaplane terminal. Guests arriving at Male’ Airport will be met by a representative holding a wooden sign with the Soneva logo.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.