Perfect Wave Handy
Per night from USD $286 USD $252
A Jewel in our extensive Maldives surf charter fleet, Perfect Wave Handy is a beautiful 118ft (36m) liveaboard locally built of fine tropical timber and custom-designed for hunting waves in style. The Handy offers a unique experience chasing remote waves across the Maldives, with one of the most experienced guides in the country. No matter which itinerary you choose across Male, Central and the South, you’ll chase the waves, run away from the crowds and experience total Maldivian perfection.
What we love
11 air-conditioned private cabins with ensuite so you can have your own cabin
2 support craft with a 12ft tender & 40ft Dhoni to assist with surf transfers, fishng and diving
Masseuse & jet ski available on request!
Perfect Wave employed surf guide with SGA & ISA certfication. Traveller care Guarantee
Muli Inside / F1
A very fast right, with long walls, hollow, barreling, can be shallow, but still with a safe ending.
Powerful waves with fast, hollow walls. Can produce some awesome barrels and considered one of Maldive’s best waves.
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by Perfect Wave ground services.
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Domestic flights for outer atoll charters
- Perfect Wave Maldives welcome pack.
- Quality accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins.
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat).
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost.
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle.
- 5m Dinghy (tender).
- 14m Dhoni for surfing, diving or fishing (support vessel)
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits).
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- Local Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organise your favourite brand. For reference, 1 beer usually costs US$5 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Chocolate bars on board to purchase.
- Jetski – On Request (must be booked prior to the trip).A masseuse – Exclusive Price: $200 (4 hours per day) or $300 (5 hours per day).
- Must be booked prior to the trip.
All TPW Maldives charters have Wi-Fi hotspots onboard for basic website browsing, emails, messages and Wi-Fi calling. But if you are after more download bandwidth for streaming services etc., the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip. You can also add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider.
The Perfect Wave have teamed up with Awayco, a global surf gear rental company who carry a very wide range of quiver to rent for your next Maldives surf holiday. If you cannot or don’t want to carry your surfboard all the way to the Maldives, you can book your preferred surfboard from a Awayco range, and the board will wait for you in the Maldives. Our Awayco hub is at Kandooma Resort in North Male’. Please talk to us about how to organize the board pick-up for your surf charter holiday.
- Length – 36 meter / 118 foot
- Beam – 10.50 meter / 34 foot
- Hull Wood
- Propulsion Cummins diesel 450hp
- Cruising speed 10 knotsPower / Generator Cummings diesel 50 KVA x 2units – 220 Volts
- Stabilized & Super-silent.
- Desalinations System 600liters /h
- Passengers 22Pax
- Accommodation 11 Cabins( 5 Upper-deck Large Doubles / 4 Lower-deck Triples / 2 Lower
- Deck Doubles)
- Communication Radars / GPS / Radio VHF / DSC / SSB
With 34 feet (10.50 meters) wide beam this delivers a stable hull and very spacious cabins. Handy Cruise, an impressive vessel, has a large suite room plus 10 twin, large double or Triple air-conditioned guest cabins all with sizable ensuites. There is a large lounge saloon that has comfortable sofas and armchairs, and a bar for cocktail happy hour. After a big day of surfing you become hungry quickly, and the onboard kitchen team prepare three sumptuous meals a day with snacks whenever you’re hungry. Sun worshippers can choose from three sundecks, as well as shaded areas to enjoy the view without getting burnt.
It is often said that the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (also named Huvadhoo Atoll) offers the best conditions of the Maldives. It works best in March, April and September to November. But it picks up more swell than any other Atoll in the Maldives, and from every direction, all season long. The Gaafu Dhaalu area offers the greatest quantity and variety of spots outside of Male Atolls, without the crowds. To almost every island on the outside of the Atoll, you will find one or two breaks. There is everything from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never-ending playful waves.
Meemu, Dhaalu, Thaa and Laamu Atolls offer spots exposed to all directions and for all levels. All spots in the Meemu Atoll are on a coastline, facing to the east. Inside F1 is the pick of this atoll and is a perfect, fun long right that stretches into the channel. The Thaa Atoll picks up south-west swell and may be even bigger than spots on east facing coastlines of other atolls.This area will be chosen only in very stable weather conditions. Farms and Chambers are the pick in Thaa and the backdrop is jar droppingly beautiful with the islands still uninhabitable. Spots in the Laamu Atoll are spread, from the south facing coastline, along the east facing up to the north-east corner, where waves wrap around. Machines is our pick here and this perfect mechanical right is a barrel machine on its day. We also like to spend an afternoon visiting Six Senses Resort for a cocktail or two when surfing Ying Yangs.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on The Perfect Wave Handy is employed full-time by Perfect Wave Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with Perfect Wave Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.