Per night from USD $240 USD $200
Celebrating 20 years of surf charters in the Maldives, Hamathi is well known and much loved. Experienced surfers love to travel to the Maldives to score quality waves in the peak season, while intermediate short board and long board surfers will find long, fun, peeling rights and lefts. Hamathi gets you onto your perfect wave guaranteed. The charter comfortably accommodates 10 surfers, but is guaranteed to depart with just 6 guests. Five separate spacious, air-conditioned twin cabins all with their own ensuite shower & toilet.
What we love
20 years experience in running surf charters in the Maldives.
Exclusive charter with minimum 6 people. Have your own cabin at no extra price.
Explore remote atolls travelling North, South, West or East – Total Maldives.
Most experienced surf guide in the Maldives with 18 years guiding surf charters – Martey
One of the most consistent spots in the Central Atolls that has a long inside section and can produces some incredibly hollow barrels.
One of the most consistent waves of North Male Atoll off the island of Thanburudhoo which is uninhabited. This is an excellent, long, world-class left-hander. Its mirror, Sultans, breaks on the other side of the island.
Muli Inside / F1
A very fast right, with long walls, hollow, barreling, can be shallow, but still with a safe ending.
Mauroofs of Kasabu
A break outside Kudahuvadhoo island is a right-hander works best on light north/northwest winds and a good southwest swell.
Blue Bowls or Voodoos
Blue Bowls is the most flexible right, tucked inside the pass and protected from SW-W Winds. More of a point style wave, it has good a length of ride and nice bowly sections for performance moves. All swells, all tides and all sizes.
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Domestic flights for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls.
- Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender).
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits).
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- PW Traveller Care Guarantee
- Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand. For reference 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Mars Bars and Twix bars on board to purchase.
- Kandooma Buffet: “All you can eat and drink” seafood & Champagne (Moët) buffet at Kandooma Resort is available on Wednesdays. The cost is about $110++ per person.
60 ft-foot surf & dive dhoni – $200 per day (minimum 2 weeks notice needed)
All Perfect Wave Maldives charters have Wi-Fi hotspots onboard for basic website browsing, emails, messages and Wi-Fi calling. But if you are after more download bandwidth for streaming services etc., the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip. You can also add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider.
- Year built: 1999. Fully Refurbished in 2010 to brand new standard
- Size: 20.3m x 1.6m x 6.5m beam.
- Cruising speed: 12 knots.
- 220v Power: 10.5kv Masse Sound proof Generator.
- Desalination: 5.5 kv Onan Sound proof Generator (backup).
- Water Plant (3000Lts).
- 02 Freezer / 01 refrigerator.
- Communication: VHF Radio/Mobile phone/CB radio.
- Cabin Ventilation: Ceiling hatch and side windows.
- Length: 20.3m.
- Soundproof generator.
- Dingy with 25hp outboard engine.
- The dinghy is available at all times to guests. On a surfing safari, primarily it is for getting surfers to the breaks, however it is also used for fishing, snorkeling, island visits and any other purpose guests may wish.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Diving facilities (on request – please advise at time of booking). If your group as a whole wants a diving dhoni to accompany Hamathi, this can be arranged at extra cost. (It can be an expensive way of doing it if you only want a couple of dives while on a surf safari.) If just some of your group want to scuba dive, they might be better off going to a resort with diving facilities during the trip, or before/after it.
- Basic fishing gear (lines, hooks & weights). Please bring your own if you are a serious fisherman.
Celebrating over 16 years of surf charters in the Maldives, Hamathi is well known and much loved. Hamathi comfortably accommodates 10 surfers, but is guaranteed to depart with just 6 guests. Five separate spacious, air-conditioned twin cabins all with their own ensuite shower & toilet, each bed has its own reading light. Outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals as a bonus. A lounge area with TV, DVD and stereo for your entertainment, full bar facilities, 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage. Wifi is available onboard.
The dinghy is available at all times to guests. Snorkeling equipment & Basic fishing gear. Diving facilities (on request – please advise at time of booking). If your group as a whole wants a diving dhoni to accompany Hamathi, this can be arranged at extra cost. Explore uninhabited islands, beach bbq.
Total Maldives Surfing
Why pick an area of the Maldives to surf when you don’t have to! We here at Perfect Wave have created the “Total Maldives” trip. You can surf any atoll from the North Male to Laamu Atoll, or even further down south, if the conditions are good. This trip is a fully flexible, no-limitations surf safari taking you to secret spots around the island paradise chain with just you and your mates for company, except of course the abundant marine life. The only limitations is the weather and nature and your surf guide will make sure to advise you which breaks work best under any given weather conditions. This is the first trip of its kind so be part of history and get on board Hamathi and experience this truly awesome surf destination.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles.
A safari is a journey or expedition, in this case, looking for "perfect waves." Your surf guide on Hamathi is Martey, the most experienced of all surf guides in the Maldives with 18 years guiding and it is his and The Perfect Wave's mission to find the best surf points with the least surfers present. One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on The Perfect Wave Hamathi is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.