5 - 13 May 2020.
This is your chance to surf with the 1988 ASP World Surf Champion Barton Lynch on board the beautiful and comfortable Maldives Surf Charter, The Perfect Wave Handy.
Barton will give you great coaching tips in the lineup and on board. In between the sessions eat and drink like a king, chill out in your beautiful cabin or bask on the sun. Non-surfing partners are welcome on board.
Barton Lynch emerged from the beach breaks of Manly to become one of the most successful professional surfers of all time. His 15 year career included 17 World Championship victories and the highlight was winning the 1988 ASP World Championship. He is now widely recognised as one of the world's leading surf coaches, an expert commentator and still loves to surf more than anything.
Access Barton’s vast experience and knowledge from 35 years of surfing and coaching to assist you to improve your surfing performance regardless of your current performance level - although you must be able to paddle and catch your own waves, stand to your feet and ride a wave. BL will help you with your knowledge of the ocean and the breaks you surf and show you how to manage the lineup to catch more waves.
There will be a focus on learning the correct techniques and style for all the manoeuvres. Barton Lynch will share stories from his years on the world tour and give you an insiders view into the world of professional surfing as well as equipment analysis - quiver and board advice from the World Champion.
The Perfect Wave Handy Surf Charter
The Perfect Wave Handy is the latest addition to The Perfect Wave Maldives charter fleet. This beautiful 118-foot (36-meter) live-aboard is locally built of fine tropical timber and custom-designed for hunting waves in style. The Handy offers you a unique experience to chase remote waves across the Maldives in style, with the most experienced guides in the country. Chase the waves, run away from the crowds and wake up next to a new wave in the morning.
With 34 feet (10.50 meters) wide beam, it delivers a stable hull and very spacious cabins. This impressive vessel has a large suite room plus 10 twin, large double or triple air-conditioned guest cabins all with sizable en-suites.
There is a large lounge saloon that has comfortable sofas and armchairs, and a bar for cocktail happy hour. After a big day of surfing, you become hungry quickly, and the on-board kitchen team prepare three sumptuous meals a day with snacks whenever you’re hungry. Sun worshippers can choose from three sundecks, as well as shaded areas to enjoy the view without getting burnt.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on The Perfect Wave Handy is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.
- 1 x Upper deck Suite
- 4 Upper deck large doubles
- 4 Lower deck triples
- 2 lower deck doubles.
Starting with the boat’s cabins, The Perfect Wave Handy guests can choose from double, twin or triple cabins on the upper or lower decks. All of the boat’s cabins are fully air conditioned and have private en-suite bathrooms with hot & cold showers. The upper-deck cabins all have double beds and include one suite. In the lower deck there is a mixture of twins and doubles.
36 meter / 118 foot
10.50 meter / 34 foot
Cummins diesel 450hp
Power / Generator
Cummings diesel 50 KVA x 2units – 220 Volts Stabilized & Super-silent.
11 Cabins( 5 Upper-deck Large Doubles / 4 Lower-deck Triples / 2 Lower Deck Doubles)
Radars / GPS / Radio VHF / DSC / SSB
- Daily surf coaching with Barton Lynch.
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services.
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- One way domestic flights to Laamu to begin charter.
- The Perfect Wave Maldives welcome pack.
- Quality accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins.
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat).
- Unlimited tea and instant coffee (espresso coffee at extra cost).
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle.
- 5m Dinghy (tender).
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits).
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles.
- Local Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organise your favourite brand. For reference, 1 beer usually costs US$5 per can.
- Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Chocolate bars on board to purchase.
- Jetski - On Request (must be booked prior to the trip).
- A masseuse - Exclusive Price: $200 (4 hours per day) or $300 (5 hours per day). Must be booked prior to the trip.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|05 May 2020||13 May 2020||Surfer||8 nights||6||NZ$5,823||
Laamu to Male
|05 May 2020||13 May 2020||Non-surfer||8 nights||6||NZ$4,210||
Laamu to Male
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Joel (May 2015)
I did not really know what to expect for day one of this trip. As it turns out, it has been incredible. Holly led a sunrise yoga class then Barton took over in the surf coaching his guests through countless waves in perfect conditions. It was amazing to see Barton catch a wave then sit in the channel and watch as people surfed, then he would paddle back out with them offering tips and pointers on how to improve. Add to all that another perfect day with great swell and no crowds and you have the stuff dreams are made of.
Aldo (May 2015)
Barton Lynch, one of the true professionals recognized not only for his surfing but his ability to articulate, provides an outstanding opportunity to enjoy one of the most comfortable roomy boats cruising any surf destination.
Justine (May 2015)
Barton and Holly were awesome and I would recommend a trip with them to everyone.