Monkeys Resort is located at the southern end the Telo Islands, off the West Coast of Sumatra.
The resort is just 40nm north of of the Mentawai, and about the same distance south of Nias, so you will receive similiar world class waves in a premier location and luxury accommodation, in an idyllic bay on a local tropical island.
Max 10 surfers at the resort at any one time to ensure uncrowded waves. The Resort is eco friendly, powered by solar energy, and adhering to strict recycling and anti-plastic policies.
Monkeys Resort in the southern part of Telo Islands is a brand new, eco-friendly, luxurious boutique surf resort that will ensure an amazing surf experience for you and your friends/family.
With a max 10-12 surfers at the resort at any one time, as well as a first class service, excellent cuisine, daily surf transfers and beautiful, comfortable villas, you will feel like a king and surf your heart out.
Friendly, personable staff
The staff have one goal, to make sure your stay is stress-free and easy, so that all you have to worry about is that your fins are in and your board is waxed ready to go. Let us take care of the rest.
Clean, cool and comfortable
Your villas will be maintained immaculately each day, so that after a surf you can relax in comfort with the air conditioning on. A great escape from the heat of the middle of the day.
Leading surf guide
The Resort Surf Guide will make sure each day’s surfing is one to remember. He’ll make sure you get plenty of the best waves on offer in the region, and keep you safe in the water, with all the knowledge of the local weather patterns, swells and tides.
Delicious meals served in comfort
All meals are served daily in the main restaurant and bar with a hospitality team passionate about the quality and taste of the food they present to you each day. The chef knows what hungry surfers expect every day! It’s vital to be well fuelled for a day’s surfing, and replenished and re-energised for the next day.
The lounge and dining area in the resort allows you to join and mingle with other guests or chill out in a corner by yourself. There’s plenty of room, and the dining area includes dining, TV lounge area, bar and massage room. The cuisine is a combination of local Indonesian culinary delights with some of the best Western style meals.
You can expect to wake up to a barista made coffee to your liking and an array of cereals, eggs, toast and fruits. You can enjoy a nice meal for lunch or you may sooner have a simple fresh wrap with chicken or fish with salad. Freshly squeezed juices are available and of course you can purchase alcohol at any time.
Dinner is a feast of chicken, fish, beef and vegetable dishes that will make each night a unique dining experience.
Be remote, stay connected
You may be remote but you’ll still be well connected with the resort WiFi network. You’ll be able to use all your devices there. Send photos, make calls or just have peace of mind that if needed you are able to get in touch. (nb: Despite the best technology this is still a remote island in Indonesia and the network is sometimes affected)
You will stay in large luxury beach front villa accommodation with large balconies, overlooking a premier surf break Monkeys. Each villa has large ceiling fans for a nice natural breeze while you sleep at night, but also air conditioning when you need that extra comfort during the heat of the day.
Furnished inside with a comfortable lounge and dining area, and outside with chairs made for lounging around on the deck, watching the surf. The ensuite bathroom provides the creature comforts you want from home, allowing a nice hot shower at the end of each day.
All villas have decks on the front and back, so you can check out the beautiful sunrises in the morning from the front, and sunsets out back each night. The villas can easily be reconfigured for a family, with a king bed and two single beds.
Luxury Double Story Villa
There is also a double story luxury villa fit for a large family or two families sharing.
Each level is larger than the single deluxe villas, and the decks are huge. The top deck provides the best views in the resort across the bay to Monkeys. The deck lounges are the place to relax after a long surf. The luxury two story villa also has fans in every room and is fully air conditioned, with bathrooms upstairs and downstairs.
Surf & Other Activities
The southern region of the Telo Islands has an abundance of high quality Sumatran waves to suit all levels of surfers, from beginners to experienced or professional.
Monkeys is the go-to wave in the area because of its consistency and its appeal to all levels. It is the swell magnet for the region so if there’s no swell at Monkeys, there’s unlikely to be any anywhere. On the Monkeys point, there are 4 right hand breaks: Monkeys, Coffins, New School and Outer Monkeys. When a medium swell is running, all 4 breaks will be pumping.
The Monkeys Resort 11m speedboat is powered by 2×250 horsepower engines and travels at an average speed of 25 knots, ensuring you get to your destination quickly and smoothly. You will be able to spend more time in the water and less time in the boat. It’s full cabin construction means you can always keep out of the sun and have a nice cool place to rest after your surf.
There is also a smaller boat for transit back and forth from the wave out front, Monkeys, which allows to have the main boat at your disposal for all other surf breaks.
- There is great snorkelling around the reef with some amazing sea life to be seen on the clear days.
- Take out one of the stand up paddle boards for a calm flat water spin.
- If you just want to relax, why not set up on the white sandy beach or just laze by the pool. They’re both great places to chill out or take a dip to cool down.
- If you’re looking for things to do out of the water, Monleys Resort can organise one of their staff to take you on a fishing experience and catch dinner for the night.
- There is plenty of long, white sandy beach to comb and take in some of the local serenity.
- Monkeys Resort are are also blessed with a small local friendly village walking distance from the resort, where we you can experience the true culture of the Telos region.
- Or cruise the river and see the monkeys and bird life.
|21 Feb 2020||04 Mar 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-||
30% OFF peak season rates
|06 Mar 2020||18 Mar 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||1||NZ$4,669|
|20 Mar 2020||01 Apr 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||4||NZ$4,669|
|03 Apr 2020||15 Apr 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-|
|17 Apr 2020||29 Apr 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-|
|01 May 2020||13 May 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-|
|15 May 2020||27 May 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-|
|29 May 2020||10 Jun 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||4||NZ$5,828|
|12 Jun 2020||24 Jun 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$5,828|
|26 Jun 2020||08 Jul 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$5,828|
|10 Jul 2020||22 Jul 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||6||NZ$5,828|
|24 Jul 2020||05 Aug 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-|
|07 Aug 2020||19 Aug 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$5,828|
|21 Aug 2020||02 Sep 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||0||-|
|04 Sep 2020||16 Sep 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$5,828|
|02 Oct 2020||14 Oct 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$5,828|
|16 Oct 2020||28 Oct 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$5,828|
|30 Oct 2020||11 Nov 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$4,669|
|13 Nov 2020||25 Nov 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$4,669|
|27 Nov 2020||09 Dec 2020||Surfer - Twin Share||12 nights||8||NZ$4,669|
|18 Dec 2020||02 Jan 2021||Surfer - Twin Share||15 nights||8||NZ$4,669|
2019/2020 Pricing options - All Prices are in Australian Dollar (AUD).
Peak season: April 2019 to August 2019 and April 2020 to October 2020
Shoulder Season: September 2019 til March 2020 and November 2020 til March 2021
Group Booking – Peak Season (April – October) – 12 night trips.
For group bookings of 8 surfers, the 8th surfer stays free of charge or the rate per person is $4,760 pp, saving $690 on the regular rate (Twin share). If there are 9+ surfers, then the rate per person is discounted to $4,600p – saving $850pp on the regular rate (Twin & Triple share).
The group will have resort exclusivity. Discount only applies to Surf packages
Quiet Season (November – March) – 12 night trips.
For group bookings of 8+ surfers, the rate per person is discounted to $4,000 – saving $1,450pp on the regular rate (Twin & Triple share).
The group has resort exclusivity. Discount only applies to Surf packages.
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Accommodation in a luxury beachfront bungalow overlooking the Monkeys break.
- Three meals per day prepared by island chefs; should you have special dietary requirements please let us
know in advance as the resort is more than happy to cater speciﬁcally for you.
- Unlimited bottled water, coffee, fresh juice.
- All transfers from ﬂights to hotel and harbour.
- All surf transfers are included in your package and will be carried out in the comfort of the Mentawai Fast
- Fast Ferry Luggage: one piece of luggage up to 15kg (Surfboard bag not included as luggage and must be
paid separately by guest).
- All boat transfers to surf breaks each day
- Accommodation in Padang
- Alcohol & beverages.
- Tips for resort staff.
- Fast Ferry: Surfboard bag(s) is not included.
- Absolute beachfront with ocean view.
- King bed or King single.
- Private Bathroom + Open Air Shower.
- Hot Water.
- Fully air-conditioned.
- Ceiling Fan.
- Mini Bar.
- Beach towels.
- Daily cleaning.
Please note that Monkeys Resort currently does not offer credit card facilities so bills cannot be processed when checking out. All guests will need to bring enough cash (AUD or IDR) to pay for the bill or pre-pay.
Monkeys Resort: Telo Fast Ferry Transfer Details
12 Nights Trips
Friday Departure: Padang
- Pick up 6;30am from Hotel transfer to the port.
- Early Fast Ferry - 4 1/2 hour Journey to Hilbala Port, Telo Islands
- Monkeys Zero Speed boat transfer to Monkeys Resort - 20 Minute journey
- Lunch and surf at Monkeys
Wednesday departure Monkeys Resort
- Early surf
- 9:00am Guests depart Monkeys on Monkeys Zero speed boat
- 11:00am Fast Ferry tp Padang (4 1/2 hrs)
- 3:30pm Arrive in Padang on the Mentawai Fast Ferry for your flight out that evening or transfer to hotel for the evening.
- Important: Do not book flights prior to 6:30pm.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.