The Switchfoot is a brand new addition to the Sumatra charter fleet. One of the Mentawai's most experienced surf charter captains, Jason Quinn has commissioned this boat as the perfect platform to explore and surf the Mentawai and beyond. The Switchfoot offers the best combination of great design, new technology and a crew with years of experience. With plenty of room and fast cruising speed, the Switchfoot is a great new option for charter groups of 4 - 10 surfers.
Switchfoot is 50 foot fiberglass power catamaran, built in Jepara, Java, by German boat building company Crestrider Marine. She is specifically designed for luxury surf charters in the Mentawai Islands. Switchfoot is a high end charter vessel built with speed (capable of 24 knots), comfort, and safety in mind. She is capable of covering great distances, surfing as many different waves as possible depending on the prevailing conditions.
With a beam of 7.1 meters, there is plenty of space to move around on deck and a spacious, air-conditioned saloon, dining area for your downtime to relax. To maximise surf time, they aim to sail at night (10 knots for safety) or anchor in a safe calm anchorage close to where you may surf the following morning. You will be on the break first light every day. And if you decide to surf elsewhere, or the conditions change, she is capable of getting you to the next break with speeds of 15-20 knots, depending on the conditions.
All of the friendly Indonesian crew are experienced, fully certified, under Indonesian maritime law and have many years between them working on surf charter boats in the Mentawai islands. They will help make your time on-board fun and relaxing being on hand for anything you may require.
Surf Guide, Owner and Operator
Jason "Capt. Halfman"Quinn aka Quinny. With 50+ trips as a surf guide in the Mentawai, Jason has worked previously on the Barrenjoey, Huey, Indies Trader 3 and Samudra Biru. Jason will guide you to the best waves on offer in the area, taking into consideration the ability and needs of those onboard.
- Breakfast: fresh fruit, cereal, bread, coffee, tea, or juices.
- A hot mid morning feed: bacon and eggs, pancakes, jaffles etc.
- Lunch/Dinner: anything from burgers, nasi goreng, fish tacos, fajitas, chicken satays to fish and chips or mie sop.
Main meals on charter consist of a mix of Indonesian and western dishes cooked by the experienced charter boat chef, using the highest quality foods available. Plenty of fresh fish, if the fish are biting. With a range of healthy dishes on the menu, any type of food requirements or dietary needs can be catered when requested well in advance.
SWITCHFOOT is a new 50 FT fiberglass powercat. Built in Jepara- Java by German boat building company Crestrider Marine, she is specifically designed for luxury surf charters in the Mentawai.
Switchfoot is a high end charter vessel built with speed (capable of 24 knots), comfort and safety in mind. She is can cover great distances, surfing as many different waves as possible.
With a beam of 7.1 metres there is plenty of space to move around on deck and a spacious, air-conditioned saloon dining area for relaxing.
- Large deck space.
- Fully air conditioned.
- 4 twin share cabins with 2 bunks in each.
- 2 extra bunks available in case of a need.
- Each bunk has its own fan and reading light.
- 2 toilets.
- Fully equipped galley leading onto aft deck bar/eatery.
- Large saloon for seated dining.
- Flat screen TV, hard drive with an extensive range of movies.
- Bluetooth stereo system.
- Library and board games.
- Fishing gear.
- Snorkeling gear.
- Comprehensive first aid/medical kit.
- Length OA: 15.8 Metres
- Beam: 7.1 Metres
- Draft: 0.66 Metres
- Fuel Capacity: 2 x 2100 Litres
- Fresh water Capacity: 2 x 620 Litres
- Lightship Weight: 13 Tonnes
- Construction: Fiberglass
- Hull Type: Symmetrical Hard Chine
- Main Engines: YANMAR 6LPA-STP2 315Hp @ 3800/rpm
- Transmissions: KMH50A Ratio 1.67
- Max Speed: 24 Knots
- Cruise Speed: 12 Knots
- Genset: 2x VETUS 14 Kva
- Watermaker: 120Litres p/hour
- Steering: Hydrive Power Assisted
- Controls: TELEFLEX KE4+ Electronic
- 2 tenders
INCLUDED IN CHARTER PRICE
- transfers to/from airport to boat in Padang.
- Onboard accommodation.
- Mentawai surf tax (US$75 value).
- All meals (cooked by an experienced Indonesian charter boat chef).
- Snacks, drinks (juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee and water).
- 8 beers per day per person (extra alcohol can be purchased before or on charter at local prices).
- Surfing every day in the best waves on offer.
- Use of all equipment on boat: fishing gear, snorkelling gear, zodiac and the speedboat.
- Use of dinghy for transfers to and from surf.
You will only put your hand in your pocket if you choose to buy souvenirs from locals and/or choose to tip the crew for their hard work and hospitality.
NOT INCLUDED IN CHARTER PRICE
- International or domestic airfares.
- Indonesian visa.
- Padang Hotel costs.
- Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Pro photographer package: US$25 per person per day. (All guests must agree to the package, and the payment will be collected with your trip balance payment.)
Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. In this case, your Switchfoot charter price already includes this fee.
|19 Jun 2019||30 Jun 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||0||-|
|01 Jul 2019||12 Jul 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||0||-|
|14 Jul 2019||25 Jul 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||0||-|
|26 Jul 2019||06 Aug 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$3,486||
AU$750 p/p OFF (full boat booking)
|08 Aug 2019||19 Aug 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$3,486||
AU$750 p/p OFF (full boat booking)
|20 Aug 2019||31 Aug 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$3,486||
AU$750 p/p OFF (full boat booking)
|02 Sep 2019||13 Sep 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$3,486||
AU$750 p/p OFF (full boat booking)
|15 Sep 2019||26 Sep 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||0||-|
|28 Sep 2019||09 Oct 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||0||-|
|11 Oct 2019||22 Oct 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|24 Oct 2019||04 Nov 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|07 Nov 2019||18 Nov 2019||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|15 Feb 2020||26 Feb 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|29 Feb 2020||11 Mar 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|28 Mar 2020||08 Apr 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|11 Apr 2020||22 Apr 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|25 Apr 2020||06 May 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|09 May 2020||20 May 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|23 May 2020||03 Jun 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|06 Jun 2020||17 Jun 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|20 Jun 2020||01 Jul 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|04 Jul 2020||15 Jul 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|18 Jul 2020||29 Jul 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|01 Aug 2020||12 Aug 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|15 Aug 2020||26 Aug 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|29 Aug 2020||09 Sep 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|12 Sep 2020||23 Sep 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|26 Sep 2020||07 Oct 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|10 Oct 2020||21 Oct 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|24 Oct 2020||04 Nov 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|07 Nov 2020||18 Nov 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
|21 Nov 2020||02 Dec 2020||Surf charter||11 nights||10||NZ$4,295|
- Price is per person and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Price is based on a 10-person exclusive charter.
Pricing for smaller groups:
- 8 guests = AU$4,350 per person for a standard 11-night trip.
- 9 guests = AU$4,170 per person for a standard 11-night trip.
- 10 guests = AU$3,950 per person for a standard 11-night trip.
Please enquire about different (longer or shorter) trip durations,
- International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect Wave is a fully licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package. Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we get the best rate flight prices from the best airlines.
- Please click Enquire Online to email us, or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Rodney Millington (October 2017),
Nothing was too much trouble for Charlie and the other staff at TPW and all questions and problems that I presented them were handled promptly and efficiently
10 days on the Barranjoey in the Mentawai Islands. 10 days of barrels everyday - 10 days I will never forget. Shout out to Jason Quinn for getting to the right places at the right time and more - legend in my books
Simon Farrer, 6 x world kneeboard champion
“Wow what a trip !! I can’t wipe the smile off my face mate !!
Jason was onto it every minute of the day we never missed a session and was all over the
Your staff were unbelievable always on hand when ever you needed it ! The food was second to
Luke Beardmore, Barrenjoey 2016
The Captain was Jason and he instilled in us a feeling of competence, professionalism and above a great mix of fun combined with safety. He had the ability to find the best surf spots at the right time each and every day. Hi people skills were second to none. Jason also helped us in Padang before arriving at the boat - and again after the charter was over with answers to all our questions. Sort of like a tour guide.
Barrenjoey Guest 2016