Villa Mentawai is your private Mentawai surf retreat. This beautiful 4-bedroom property offers you an option to rent a room, or take over the entire villa with a group of friends or family.
Surf transfers with their brand new speedboat are also fully flexible: any time it suits you, or whenever the surf guide recommends the best conditions to chase the waves.
There is a total of 10 surf spots within 10 mins from the Villa. Day trips to Playgrounds and HT's areas are also available.
Villa Mentawai is a private beachfront villa located on Palau (island) Simakakang, in the North Sipora / central Mentawai area. World class surfing breaks can be reached within 10 minutes, and the closest waves are only 5 minutes away.
You can expect greater flexibility than a lot of other resorts. When the surf is pumping and the weather permits, you have the option of staying out all day on the the villa's speed boat “Ratu Ombak”, as its extremely comfortable & very well shaded. Most other boats in the region simply can't offer the same service.
The surf guide will pick and choose windows when he knows it's going to be best and to avoid the crowds, using the whole available day... This could be any combination of session times or even one mega session making the most of a particularly non crowded time and then head out for a fish in the late afternoon... The options are endless.
All visiting guests have complimentary use of the Villas main speedboat, the “Ratu Ombak” (Wave Queen). She is a brand new 7.5m half cab surf striking weapon, fitted with the latest series 250 hp 4-stroke Suzuki outboard. The boat is purpose-built to take you to the surf breaks, fishing, snorkeling and island-hopping in a fast and safe manner. She offers plenty of shade with it’s half cab, full length hard top canopy and is ftted with safety equipment including GPS, VHF Radio, Echo sounder, EPIRB & Satellite Phone.
The location of the central Mentawai area simply can't be beat! Not only does it offer up a stack of it's own world-class waves, but it's also perfectly situated for day trips to South Sipora (Hollow Trees, Lances, Bintangs etc) and the “Playgrounds” (Rifes, Kandui, Hideaways etc).
Villa Mentawai sits on 90m of private beachfront on the sheltered side of a beautiful tropical island.
A spacious open-plan lounge, bar, living room opens up onto a huge deck, boasting 180% Ocean and tropical island views.
Villa Mentawai has 4 large bedrooms, which can accommodate up to a maximum of 8 guests. Book the whole Villa for yourself and a private group or just book a room - it's up to you.
The 2 first level bedrooms each have private bathrooms, wile the 2 second level bedrooms share a toilet/washroom and a "Balinese style" outdoor shower on the back terrace.
Each room is fan cooled and has mosquito screens on all windows & vents. Villa Mentawai is ECO friendly being 100% off grid and powered by the sun.
- extremely comfortable private accommodation in a fantastic spot,
- smaller, more intimate groups
- rockstar Speedboat and a flexible itinerary
- specific focus on getting the best waves
The villa offers you an extremely flexible room configuration, with the 2 huge lower floor bedrooms well separated by the main living room area, able to be set up as a king and 2 singles or 4 singles configuration (both with private bathrooms) and the 2 top floor bedrooms able to be set up as king or twin rooms, sharing a bathroom and a separate Balinese style outdoor shower.
Surf & Other Activities
Loads of world-class surf breaks within 10-15 minutes speedboat ride away. There is everything covered, from family friendly to intermediate and advanced surf breaks.
The closest waves are just 5 minutes away.
Breaks in the immediate area are:
- Telescopes: the jewel in the crown left-hander, with super long rippable walls and mechanical tube sections… suitable for intermediate and advanced surfers.
- Scarecrows: extremely underrated, long left-hander… super consistent, offering fun rippable bowls and tube sections in the right conditions… as good as any wave on it’s day! suitable for intermediate and advanced surfers.
- Icelands: swell magnet left, which also handles infinite amounts of swell… Can offer anything from super fun skatepark style peaks, to challenging deep cavernous tubes… suitable for intermediate and advanced surfers.
- Ariks: picture perfect right-hand barrel… can be a fun ripple wall on the higher tides and certain swell direction… suitable for intermediate and advanced surfers.
- Ombak Tidur: fun peaky right-handers when the swell is small, for most levels of surfers… challenging big wave spot when it’s on!
- Tikus: super fun left-hander, offers up everything from crazy shoulders, rippable walls and the occasional cover up... suitable for most surfing levels.
- Hookers: fast, long bending “hooking” left-hander for intermediate and advanced surfers in the right conditions.
- 7 Palm Point: another swell magnet. Left with a fun, racy wall… suitable for most surfing levels.
- Suicide left: the name says it all… Rippers and charger's only!
- Secret Spots are normally secret for a reason... often fickle and often only suitable for rippers & chargers.
Day trips to other surrounding surf zones are also available at extra cost.
- Fishing. They have a great range of trolling gear and lures.
- Snorkelling. They have snorkelling equipment in most common sizes.
- SUP. They have 4 stand up paddle boards.
- Kayaking. They have 2x 2-person kayaks.
- Island-hopping and Beach, combing the countless kilometers of pristine coastline.
- Relax in a shady hammock or catch some rays on a sun lounge.
- Bluetooth music speakers in Villa common areas and Ratu Ombak (the speedboat).
- WiFi internet for emails and light browsing.
- Fast 3/4G connection with global roaming or cheap local SIM.
|10 nights||Double/Twin Room||Room||NZ$3,175||Per person||01 Feb-30 Nov|
|10 nights||Entire Villa - Exclusive use (8 Adults)||Villa||NZ$2,778||Per person||01 Feb-30 Nov|
- Prices above are valid for travel in 2020 only, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Please note that the above prices do not include international flights to Padang, and the Mentawai Surfer Tax.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements.
- International & Domestic Flights - The Perfect Wave is a fully licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package. Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we get the best rate flight prices from the best airlines.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Welcoming Airport Meet & Greet in Padang with return transfers to Padang hotel.
- Return Hotel transfers to and from fast ferry harbor.
- Return Villa transfers to and from Mentawai ferry harbour.
- Air-conditioned accommodation in comfortable rooms with en-suite bathroom.
- Three meals daily – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner plus unlimited snacks.
- Complementary WiFi.
- Unlimited Water refill with complimentary environmentally friendly refillable bottle.
- Unlimited teas and espresso coffee.
- Surf transfers daily in high speed comfortable transfer boat.
- Padang Hotel – Mercure approx. $80 USD per room double / twin / single.
- Fast Ferry transfers – Surfer $200 USD return (including surfboards) / Non surfer $140 USD return.
- Mentawai surfer tax – 1.000.000 IDR ($70 USD) payable at ferry terminal.
- Photography/ video at extra cost - $250 USD per person.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.