El Salvador borders Guatemala to the northwest and Honduras to the northeast, with the Pacific Ocean to the south. The southern coastline runs the entire length of the country and is split down the middle, with everywhere east of La Libertad (a small port town) referred to as the "East Coast," and everywhere west of La Libertad known as the "West Coast."
The East Coast is known for great tourist beaches like Costa Del Sol, beautiful mangrove lagoons, and the Las Flores right-hand point break.
The West Coast is great for fishing and diving, and is where you'll find Playa El Tunco. Playa El Tunco in El Salvador has become world famous for its waves, its natural beauty, warm waters and year round tropical climate. It is located only 30 minutes from the airport and the capital San Salvador. Here is El Salvador's only left-hand point break, La Bocana; and the most sought after wave in El Salvador, El Sunzal, which is a slow, consistent wave that caters to surfers of every skill level.
El Salvador has a very tropical climate. Summer lasts from November to April and rainy season from May to October. During these months it generally rains in the late afternoon and evening. The dark sand beaches in El Salvador come from volcanic origin and the water temperature ranges from 25°C to 29°C so you can surf in boardshorts all year round.
True Karma Beach House
Swim, Fish, Surf or just kick back and
lay on the beach or by the pool … if you like relaxation and adventure,
you’re in the right place! They highly recommend taking a guided tour with Cebolla from Quiver Surf El Salvador and have the experience of your life!
Explore El Salvador and go visit Volcanoes, Mayan Ruins, Coffee Plantations or take a scenic drive up the majestic coast!
- 3 1/2 bedrooms (sleeps up to 8 people – 2 King, 1 Queen, 1 bunkbed
- 3 full bathrooms
- Full kitchen, dining room, living room
- Gated entrance and private beach access
- Private parking
- Outside showers, grill, pool, table, hammocks
- Ocean view terrace and view throughout
- A/C and ceiling fans
- Hot water
- Housekeeping and yard maintenance included
- Cell phone service available
Surf & Other Activities
- Visit small mountain communities, go on the Zip line Canopy Tour and fly through the trees, go horseback riding and hiking to natural hot springs.
- Go on the Coffee Farm Tour through coffee plants, hike through cloud forest, see volcanoes.
- Stay in a cosy mountain cabin with comfortable rooms, a fireplace, and a personal cook who will prepare delicious traditional meals for you!
- Visit Mayan ruins in the small town of Chalchuapa… still being excavated and making new discoveries!
- Visit El Lago Coatepeque ... a beautiful lake inside a volcano crater!
There are two main seasons one has to keep in mind before traveling to El Salvador to target the right fish: Dry Season (Nov - April) and Rainy Season (May - Oct)
Dry Season : Reef Fishing and Shore Fishing: (Giant Snapper, Snook, Grouper, Barracuda, Yellow fin Tuna, Mackerel, Rooster)
Rainy Season: Deep Sea Fishing: (Dorados Mahi-Mahi, Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Yellow fin Tuna)
In-Shore fishing: Jaltepeque Estuary which runs parallel to Paradise Lodge is miles of mangroves, white sandy islands and small creeks, a haven for many species of fish and tropical birds.
Off-Shore: There are many under water mountains offshore of El Salvador's two hundred miles of coastline producing some of the finest big game fishing along the Pacific Coast including Rooster fish, Mackerel and Pompano.
Estuary: Jaltepeque estuary happens to be one of the most picturesque of El Salvador due to its great variety of plants and animals belonging to this region. etc.