Back before Bruce Brown released The Endless Summer in 1966, and prior to Alby Falzon’s 1971 epic Morning of the Earth, surf travel was a luxury few embarked on.
Back then it might have been you and a friend, maybe one single fin, no leash, a rented motorbike and simple food.
Nowadays, everything is possible, and The Perfect Wave’s core aim is to make your search for the perfect wave easy for you…
Whether you are planning a boat trip with buddies, or a comfy land camp with your partner or family, we can take you there … anywhere.
We also made a conscious decision nearly six years ago now, to create tailored, unique experiences – once-in-a-lifetime social experiences that only we can offer.
Here are 6 individually tailored, boutique trips with strictly limited numbers, at highly accessible rates, for your enjoyment. All TPW’s Signature Experiences will sell out rapidly, so get in early to secure your spot, and be able to tell your friends and family you were part of something special in 2016.
1) Surf Indo With Occy. 1999 World Champion – Australia’s favourite surfer of all time – Occy returns to his favourite Mentawai Resort, Aloita, in Sept 2016. His 2014 and 2015 Legends trips sold out in record time – this trip will be no different. Occ’s been training hard and is fit and ripping again. Delay at your own peril.
2) Barton and Holly Lynch have made some lifetime friends on their Maldives trips with The Perfect Wave as have many of their guests. In 2016 BL and Holly are doing two trips with The Perfect Wave: their May Carpe Vita trip sold out a year in advance, but there’s still a few spots left on their Kandooma Resort coaching and yoga trip. Get in quickly before this one sells out too!
3) Australia’s bona fide Queen of the waves Pam Burridge has hooked up with The Perfect Wave to run her incredibly popular surf coaching clinics. Pam laid all the foundations and she has all the knowledge and wisdom to share. Join Pam and her guru shaper husband Mark Rabbidge at Kandooma in August 2016.
4) Surf In 2 Yoga Retreats in Bali and The Maldives: Get ready for 7 days of healthy food, 3 hour daily yoga practices/intensives, 2 hour surf sessions, meditation, sharing and fun guided by our retreat team Rob and Jolie!
5) Surf Music In Paradise: TEX PERKINS and Phil Jamieson at Hidden Valley, Resort Bali. Tex Perkins (Beasts, Cruel Sea, Dark Horses etc) & Phil Jamieson (Grinspoon) are playing 6 shows in 7 days at Hidden Valley Resort, Bali this September 5-12..
or time your holiday with PETE MURRAY’s 3 gigs in 7 days at Kandooma. Sitting less than 10 metres from the stage on a bean bag, a cold drink in hand, friends and family nearby, socializing and surfing with the muso’s and like-minded fans is unbeatable.
6) All Girls Surf Trips. Sunshine Surf Girls Maldives Charter. May 3 – 13: Sunshine Surf Girls is Australia’s only magazine for surfing women. Sunshine Surf Girls Trips are inclusive and fun.
Or alternately go surfing with TPW Surfing Mermaids: Join one of 3 Mystical Surf Adventures hosted by European models/athletes Janni Hönscheid and Sylvi Bódi. The girls love to travel, surf new waves, meet new people, experience, inspire and live outside of the comfort zone. They invite like-minded people to join them in the Maldives, Indonesia or the Carolines (P-Pass) for the experience of a lifetime. March 20 – April 5 in the Mentawai or July 31 – Aug 10 in the Maldives. P-Pass in November.