This week’s special guest post was written by Claudine Gasnier, who is happily married to former Australian Professional Rugby League Centre, NSW origin rep, St George Illawarra premiership winner and surfer Mark Gasnier.
Yes, Mark attended Wednesday’s 3rd and final State of Origin clash between NSW and Queensland in the bitter cold, part of him wishing he was back in tropical Kandooma with his beloved family lapping up the sun, enjoying a family surf holiday… and delights that Kandooma has to offer:
“Winter has hit extremely hard this week in Australia, and I know what you’re thinking… It’s time to book that family holiday somewhere tropical!
If you have ever had the thought of heading to the Maldives don’t think honeymoon destination, think best family holiday ever.
Wow, we were blown away not only at how beautiful this tropical paradise is, but how well it catered for the whole family.
We spent two blissful weeks at Kandooma and had the time of our life.
The resort has amazing facilities, but we especially loved:
- The Kids Club – we couldn’t get our kids out
- The Snorkeling Tours – run every morning and afternoon
- Learn To Surf – on pristine white sand banks (Kalani age 4 kick started his love of surfing here)
- The Sunset Bar – who doesn’t love to end the day with the most amazing sunset and a cocktail in hand
- Private right surf break straight out front – Happy hubby, happy holiday.
For more information and prices on this all inclusive Holiday, check out The Perfect Wave website. I promise you you won’t be disappointed.”
words and photos by Claudine Gasnier
After the Gasnier family came back from Kandooma, I had a chance to catch up with Mark for a short interview. You can read it on our blog HERE.