Maldives – Southern Atolls: Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll offers some of the best conditions for surfing in the Maldives. It works best in February to April and September to November. It picks up more swell than any other Atoll in the Maldives and from every direction. To almost every island on the outside of the atoll you will find one or two breaks. There is everything from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never ending playful waves. Anything from powerful, Mentawai-style righthander Beacons to more mellow waves with long walls like Love Charms or Booga Reef.
The MV Carpe Diem is a 35-m long motor safari yacht with a wooden hull. It has 3 decks plus a sundeck with 10 guest cabins divided in 3 categories and can cater for a maximum of 20 guests – but you only need a group of 12 to have the boat for an exclusive charter. The main open air dining area and bar area is located at the back of the boat where you will be served semi buffet meals prepared by the fine dining chef. From the dining area a staircase ultimately leads you to a 115 sqm sun deck, which is partially shaded and has a sitting area in the middle and some lounge chairs to catch that nice tan.
- Airport transfers with meet & greet.
- Luxury accommodation in air-conditioned cabins.
- Full board – 3 gourmet meals daily.
- Unlimited tea, instant coffee & mineral water.
- Night fishing trip – they offer 1 night fishing trip by dhoni, and you can fish from the back of the boat any time.
- DVD & book libraries.
- Snorkelling equipment.
- 2 stand-up paddleboards.
- BBQ on deserted island.
- Local island visit.
- 61 foot Dhoni (tender) for diving or surfing.
- 15 ft Dingy (tender).
- Government bed tax $8 per person per day.
- Expert Australian Surf Experience Manager & Head guide
- Expert local guide to assist the Head Guide
- 2 x Dive masters (Dives and Padi certified courses cost extra)
The 21 meter long cruise boat, Cobia is conceived and built by the skillful Maldivian craftsmen for the Maldivian waters. This beautiful cruiser with its comfortable and air-conditioned rooms accommodates a maximum of 12 passengers for optimal comfort. However you only require 8 passengers to have the boat exclusively for just you and your mates. On the Cobia, we have the most experienced surf guide in the Maldives, with 12 years experience. No surf guide has better knowledge of Maldives surfing points, in particular the Central and Outer Atolls which require expert navigation to find the perfect waves.
- Airport meet & greet.
- Group return Male airport transfers. (Individual transfers at extra cost).
- Domestic internal flights or fuel surcharge for return trip by boat
- Air-conditioned twin cabin accommodation.
- All meals; tea & coffee and 1L bottled water per day.
- Expert surf guide – Martey
- Use of on-board equipment basic snorkeling & fishing gear.
Ayada Resort Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located in Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll in the Southern Atolls, where the surf season runs from March to April and from August to October, when the swell and wind conditions are the best.This resort has 5 surf breaks within 15 minutes by boat, including Love Charms, 5 Islands and Tiger Stripes.
Set in a paradise-like setting with ocean views, Ayada Maldives offers seven luxury accommodation types, all of which blend contemporary and traditional Maldivian & Turkish design elements.
- Return airport transfers.
- Luxury accommodation in one of the villas or suites.
- Daily buffet breakfast.
- Daily dinner.
- Taxes and service charges.
Hamathi will comfortably accommodate 10 passengers, but prefers to run charters with max of 8. Minimum number of passengers required for an exclusive charter is four, that’s right – just 4! She’s a great surf charter boat with the bonus of an outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals. There are 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage.
- Airport Meet & Greet.
- Group return Male airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Standard accommodation in fan-cooled twin cabins.
- All meals; tea & coffee and bottled water.
- Local English-speaking surf guide.
- Use of basic snorkeling & fishing gear.
Six Senses Resort in Laamu is the only resort on the virtually uncharted Laamu atoll, deep in the Indian Ocean. The island has such outstanding natural beauty, powder white sand, lush tropical vegetation and crystal clear waters. But best of all you have Ying Yangs surfbreak straight accross the channel so you can surf to hearts content without any long transfers. Ying Yang is the most consistent spot in the area and loves a solid southeast swell.
- Return Male International Airport transfers.
- Luxury Accommodation.
- Buffet breakfast daily.
- Complimentary dinner daily.
- Maldives Service Charge, Bed Tax & GST
International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect Wave is a licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package. Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we receive best wholesale rate flight prices with Singapore Airlines to Maldives.
- All above prices are per person prices in AUD and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please call us on 1300 00WAVE to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.