The Perfect Wave have partnered up with A Liquid Future to host a very special Mentawai Fundraiser Night this coming Wednesday June 24, at the Tipple Bar in Surry Hills.
Jamie Gray, CEO of The Perfect Wave said, “We have sent thousands of surfers to the Mentawai as it’s one of the best surf destinations in the world, and we really want to do more for the region and its beautiful people.”
Wednesday’s fundraising evening will be hosted by everyone’s favourite surfing icon, 1999 World Champion Mark Occhilupo, and legendary surf filmmaker Jack McCoy. The event will include a special screening of Occy’s Occumentary, finger food, live auctions and lucky door prizes. All for a small $30 donation, with all funds raised going to A Liquid Future.
Mark Occhilupo said, “I love the Mentawai and particularly enjoy the fans trips I do with The Perfect Wave. When TPW asked me to help out with this fundraiser I jumped at the opportunity. It’ll be a fun night, and will really help A Liquid Future continue the great work they do with the locals.”
All funds raised will go direct to the Collaboration Centre of A Liquid Future which provides free educational programs in English as well as swimming and surfing lessons to local communities in the Mentawai.
Occy will be available for autograph signings, and will have an informal Q&A with Jack about his Indonesian adventures, career highlights and random tales.
You can also talk to Occ about his two upcoming trips to the Ments and the Maldives this September and October or have a yarn with one of The Perfect Wave staff about Occy’s or any trip you are planning on making.
The Perfect Wave’s Liquid Future Fundraiser will be a fun, informal night of entertainment, education, and most importantly an opportunity to give back to a fantastic cause.
- WHAT: A Liquid Future Fundraiser with Mark (Occy) Occhilupo and Jack McCoy.
- WHERE: Tipple Bar and Bistro, 28 Chalmers St, Surry Hills.
- WHEN: This coming Wednesday June 24, 2015- 6pm till late
- TICKETS: To purchase tickets email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit: Tipple Bar and Bistro in Surry Hills, Aloha Surf in Manly, Saltmotion Gallery in Manly or The Perfect Wave HQ in Brookvale.
Some of the great auction items on offer:
- 7 nights for two people at the Aloita Resort and Spa, Mentawai Islands
- Raw and Wild Immersion Trip (A week at A Liquid Future Collaboration Centre, Mentawai Islands)
- 7-night Maldives Surf Charter for two on The Perfect Wave Hamathi
- 2-hour Surf Coaching Session with Barton Lynch
- Tipple Bar $300 Bar Voucher
- Custom-made Aloha surfboard signed by Occy
- Custom-made classic twin-fin surfboard made by Chaos
Plus loads of other goodies and lucky door prizes, so make sure you hang on to your ticket just in case you’re a winner.