Plantation Island Resort has extensive accommodation covering all price ranges, from beautiful hotel rooms to traditional Fijian huts known as bures. All accommodation is close to the beach and all the facilities.
The surf breaks, including the world famous Cloudbreak, are located only 20 minutes by boat from Plantation. Plantation is the ideal base for surfers, families and couples.
Plantation Island Resort is nestled on the 553-acre island of Malolo Lai Lai, part of the Mamanuca group of islands and is just 10 miles offshore west of Nadi International Airport.
Plantation Island Resort utilises 23 acres of tropical landscaped gardens and coconut palms and has 7km of white sandy beaches, part of which fronts the beautiful sheltered lagoon. The resort is just 10 minutes by air or 50 minutes by boat from Denarau on the main island of Viti Levu
Plantation Island can offer you total relaxation or a wide range of leisure activities and cultural excursions. Relax around our many pools or swim in the beautiful blue water lagoon, take part in the featured activities or sip a cocktail at one of many bars while you watch the sunset and take all the time you need to discover the magic of Plantation Island Resort.
From the very first moment you arrive at Plantation Island, you will experience the warmth and friendliness of their staff, who will make you holiday one of the most memorable you will ever experience.
As for the surf transfers, Plantation Island Resort has joined forces with local company Surfin’ Fiji to offer daily transfers to Fiji’s most famous surf breaks. The surf breaks, including the world famous Cloudbreak, are located only 20 minutes by boat from Plantation Island Resort. They have been the venue for numerous professional surfing competitions, including the prestigious Billabong Pro Surf and Roxy Pro Surf competitions.
Plantation is the ideal resort base for surfers, offering a fun, active and affordable Fiji Island experience. The resort offers a range of accommodation choices to suit most budgets, and a variety of activities for couples, families and young adults. Surfing has enjoyed a new resurgence in Fiji since the July 2010 release of the Surfing Areas Decree, which gives surfers unrestricted access to any surfing area in Fiji.
Plantation Island has extensive accommodation covering all price ranges. From luxury hotel rooms to lavish traditional Fijian huts known as ‘bures’. All accommodation is close to the beach and all the resort’s facilities.
- 1 queen and 2 singles.
- Plantations premier fan-cooled accommodation, located right on the island's beachfront. The bures have been renovated with teak stained timber furnishing and timber louvers. The bures are duplex accommodation i.e. separated into 2 areas. They have a separate lounge area which leads to the master bed and a second sleeping area (not a separate bedroom) with 2 singles. Finish the day with an afternoon cocktail on your patio watching the sunset. Perfect for guests looking for a beach at their doorstep but not a 5-star price.
2 Bedroom Garden Bure:
- 1 queen and up to 6 singles.
- 2 children FOC, additional child charged for roll-away to maximum 8 people.
- Spacious fan-cooled single-storey bure accommodation, set back fifty metres from the water's edge and surrounded by tropical plants and coconut trees. These are freestanding single story structures similar to cottages. Perfect for large families of eight with 2 separate bedrooms; master bedrooms feature 1 queen bed, the 2nd bedroom has 2 singles and four divans in the lounge area. Floors are tiled and the lime wash timber walls and coral paintings create a contemporary island feel.
Poolside Hotel rooms:
- 1 queen and up to 3 singles.
- 2 children FOC, 3rd child charged for rollaway.
- New complex modern rooms located on the ground floor and spread around the resort's second pool. Rooms are slightly larger then garden view rooms. The complex is located between the bowling green and the nursery away from the beach.
The new category includes three featured accommodations. Each Vale is appointed separately with various highlights from Lighthouse waterfront location, to the Treetops and newly finished Pool Vale:
Honeymoon Pool Vale was previously an Ocean-View 2-bedroom bure and converted to a Honeymoon Vale with large swimming pool, plunge pool and refurbishment.
Tree Top Honeymoon Vale x 1 (360° panoramic view): Deluxe two-storey octagonal Honeymoon Vale is over one thousand square feet in size, and is fully furnished in teak and palm wood furniture. The living room offers a day bed for lounging and wet bar. The second floor master bedroom, with its over-sized bed has 360° panoramic views of the ocean, golf course and rain forest beyond. The circular surrounding decks are on both levels with a private plunge pool and outdoor shower on the lower level. The master bath has a private spa tub and shower for two. The Honeymoon Vale has a DVD player, with movies available at reception. Maximum occupancy 2 people.
Lighthouse Honeymoon Vale X 1: The two story thatched villa is 600 square feet in size, and located right on the waterfront in the Koro Lagoon. The Villa features a private round swimming pool, with panoramic views of the Koro Sea, and Lotu Island. The master bedroom is appointed with a Queen-size bed and shower with bathroom. Lighthouse is complete with a kitchen and lounge area with an additional outdoor stone shower, located along the private ocean front veranda.
**Lighthouse is located along the waterfront and across the street, just a short walking distance from the main resort area.
Internet access is all over the resort, but better coverage around the main Office/check in building (charges may apply).
Surf & Other Activities
Plantation Island Resort has joined forces with local company Surfin’ Fiji to offer daily transfers to Fiji’s most famous surf breaks. The breaks, including the world famous Cloudbreak, are located only 20 minutes by boat from Plantation Island Resort. They have been the venue for numerous professional surfing competitions, including the prestigious Billabong Pro Surf and Roxy Pro Surf competitions.
Surfin’ Fiji are offering daily transfers to Namotu and Wilkes breaks for FJD$70 per person, and Cloudbreak and Desperations for FJD$90 per person. The price includes return transfers to the surf, 3 hours of surfing time and safety support. Surf board hire is also available from FJD$40 per day.
Surfing has enjoyed a new resurgence in Fiji since the July 2010 release of the Surfing Areas Decree, which gives surfers unrestricted access to any surfing area in Fiji.
Mamanuca Islands Breaks
- Wilkes Passage - This fun right-hander is great for most levels of surfers & is best at mid to high tide. Like most of the breaks in the area, it works best with S - SW swell. The only access is by boat. Unfortunately, it is very exposed and prone to being blown out by the prevailing trade winds. Afternoon glass-offs, though rare, can be a truly wonderous sight as clean right hand barrels peel off mechanically into the safety of the deep channel.
- Desperations - A classic wave that doesn't really work until its 4-5ft but just keeps getting better the bigger it gets. A left and a right with length, speed and nice hollow sections.
- Namotu Left - A left that breaks all year round, best from October to April with lighter winds. When its under 6 ft, it will even suit longboards, but becomes very challenging over 6 ft. Namotu itself is a quality wave, but remember to kick off at the end of your ride - don’t fall into the trap of going for that final barrel section - no one gets out of it.
- Cloudbreak - The world famous WCT location is one of the best lefts in the world. With the new laws prohibiting the exclusivity of surf breaks, you can now surf this awesome waves any day you want. This is a serious wave though, and will definitely sort the crowds out when it gets over 6ft.
- Mini Cloudbreak - Powerful, fast wave. The best wind direction is south-east. Best around high tide.
- Lighthouse – South of mini-cloudbreak, near the lighthouse. Unfortunately, this one rarely breaks, but when it does, it’s for pros or kamikazes only. Hollow, fast and powerful with a right and a left.
- Restaurants – This is a good, fast left hand reef break for pros or kamikazes only. However, with the new laws prohibiting the exclusivity of surf breaks you can now surf this awesome waves any day you want.
- 24-hour reception.
- Tour desk.
- Beauty/Hair Salon
- Safe Deposit box.
- Laundry Service
- General store
- Room Service
- 3 bars
- High chairs
- Kids menu
- Games room
- Kids pool (closed until further notice
- Kids club(for aged 4-12)
- Facilities for the disabled
- Tennis court
- Scuba diving
They have wireless internet access available at the Island (Tomi Zone). At the Internet café, you will have to purchase a time card. The charges are from FJ$9 for 15 minutes up to to FJ$80 (1 week).
|7 nights||Poolside Room (Based on 2 pax)||Room||¥59,498||Per person||10 Jan-01 Apr, 01 Apr-18 Jun, 10 Oct-25 Dec|
|7 nights||Poolside Room (Based on 2 pax)||Room||¥73,903||Per person||18 Jun-10 Oct, 25 Dec-10 Jan|
|7 nights||One Bedroom Garden Terrace (Based on 2 pax)||Package||¥75,155||Per person||10 Jan-01 Apr, 01 Apr-18 Jun, 10 Oct-25 Dec|
|7 nights||One Bedroom Garden Terrace (Based on 2 pax)||Package||¥92,692||Per person||18 Jun-10 Oct, 25 Dec-10 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices based on a STAY 7 PAY 5 deal, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Return Malolo cat transfers.
- Welcome shell lei and refreshing welcome drink on arrival.
- Use of standards kayaks, mini golf, tennis, table tennis and volleyball.
- Complimentary Coconut Kids Club for children (aged 4-12 years) and Lairo Club for teenagers (aged 13-16 years).
- Complimentary Fijian cooking lessons, coconut leaf basket weaving lessons and native medicine tours.
- Free use of Water Park for children 5 – 16 years inclusive.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Dina Osgood(May 2017),
The kids had a ball, all our arrangements from your end were perfect (no dramas whatsoever), and we had lots of fun relaxing and drinking cocktails 🙂
Ken went surfing 3 mornings so he was really happy about that, great conditions apparently.
Thank you so much for all your assistance, we'll likely go back again in 2 years as the ease of getting to Cloud Break etc is too much of an incentive for us to try another resort.
Noah & Mary (July 2016)
We had a blast could not recommend Plantation more highly great people, good food and so much to do absolute value for money.
I had four surfs one at Wilkes which was tough at 6-8 foot, two at Namotu Lefts one at 4 foot great fun and one at 6-8 foot which I just watched and then on the last day the best surf I've had at Swimming Pools 3-4 foot 100 metre rides in my mind I'm still riding the wave.
The weather was awesome too which really made it possible to do everything from swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, table tennis, put put golf and generally hanging out.
Hope you had a great holiday and talk soon and thx for the bday card at 45 I'm still going strong!
Noah & Mary
Dina & Ken (May 2015)
My family had a fantastic time at Plantation Island Resort! It was the perfect solution for all of us - surfing for my husband, diving and massages for me, and kids club (not to mention everything else!) to entertain the kids!
The Perfect Wave took care of every aspect of our trip, and we merely had to pack! I would definitely recommend The Perfect Wave, they take the stress out of organizing a holiday and don't limit their assistance to surfers only! 🙂
Dina (May 2015)
We had a great week at Plantation Island, everything went perfectly! I have attached a family photo of us out to dinner one night......very relaxed and having a great time! 🙂
Thanks again for all your help, my husband is already wondering when we can go back so he can surf some more waves!
Timothy (July 2014)
Both Gina and Kim were very prompt with responses when I had questions. We changed things along the way and they adapted perfectly and were extremely helpful. Thank you so very much.
Luke (August 2013)
We had a fantastic trip. Booked 3 days prior to departure so very late. The resort itself was a little older but very reasonably priced and in a fantastic position with other resorts/bars/facilities near by which made for a perfect location.Sara from the perfect wave had it organised within 30 minutes of my initial enquiry. Just brilliant.Would do it all again without hesitation.Thanks to Sara and The Perfect Wave.
Jamie (August 2013)
My partner and I booked a very last minute holiday away to Fiji through The Perfect Wave. Right off the bat our consultant Sara gave us 110% service and accommodated our needs perfectly. Sara took all of the stress away from doing the leg work ourselves and had our holiday booked and sorted in no time at all. I would highly recommend The Perfect Wave to anyone looking to book a hassle free holiday experience.
Andrew (October 2012)
My family and I stayed at Plantation Island Resort and it was the best holiday we've ever had. Whatever anyone says about the Fijians being the friendliest people on earth is completely true, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Accommodation was great, food was awesome, beer was always good. Our daughter went to the kids club every day and loved it. And the main thing was that the waves pumped, it was easy to get transferred out to the breaks, and getting to see Cloudbreak do it's thing at size was awesome. The staff at Perfect Wave were extremely helpful, especially our consultant Marie, every part of the booking and the trip itself went smoothly. Definitely going back next year and will be using Perfect Wave Travel again. Thanks.
Pat (August 2012)
Hey Boys.Few photos from my recent Fiji family trip to brighten your day. We had great weather and I surf and SUPped at Cloudbreak and another joint called Desperations. Had head high fun waves on a few days. Cannot recommend Plantation Island highly enough. This was my third trip there and the place has something for everyone. The Fijians really look after you and the local beer was heavily sampled. Bula!
Ally (May 2012)
Hey Josh,Just got back from Plantation!We had a great trip, it's definitely the place for kids & the guys were really happy with the surf 🙂
Nick (June 2011)
My family and I had a great time at Plantation Island which was well suited to families, the food was good and the staff friendly, the surf was good every day with a few epic days thrown in. Travel from Australia to Fiji and back went pretty smoothly once the ash cloud dramas subsided.
Amanda (May 2009)
We stayed at Plantation Island for 10 days in May 2009. We have 3 children aged 4, 9 & 14 at the time of our stay.The resort itself was idyllic with breathtaking views from every angle, with the beautiful aqua waters and clean gold sands of the beaches. It was a fantastic holiday for families as it catered for all of us with Kids Club and the inexpensive and reliable babysitting service, leaving loads of time for us adults to really relax while they were kept busy each day. The accommodation we had was a beach front bure and was very roomy for the 5 of us & tastefully decorated. We had the luxury of spending our afternoons lazing in the seaside hammocks sipping cold beer and reading under the gorgeous palm trees. The atmosphere at meal times was a true cultural experience with the Fijians singing while we ate traditional local foods at tables set on the sand under the light of beach torches. The resort staff were helpful, friendly and full of character. Glen had the best surf experiences most days. A friendly surf guide took him and other surfers to the best spots, where the waves were consistently in perfect form. They were early morning missions so that he was back by 10 - 11am, which left the rest of the day to relax or take the kids snorkeling etc. I would HIGHLY recommend this resort if you want a fun, relaxed holiday with kids and have your man completely thrilled after surfing perfect waves!!!A HUGE thank you to Jamie & The Perfect Wave team for providing such an awesome service and a great "easy on the pocket" getaway package. We'll definitely be booking our Bali holiday next year through you. Until then... Amanda.