Phoenix One is easily one of Hakuba, Japan, slickest ski lodges, with cutting edge … well, everything!
Phoenix One is for people who don't believe in half measures. This self contained cabin is packed with nothing but the very best amenities, and is nothing short of stunning. From the gorgeous Miele kitchen and Bang & Olufsen audio and visual systems to the automatic boot warmers, this place is overflowing with decadent luxuries. Then there's the décor, which includes original art.
The cabin itself has four bedrooms, which is more than enough for a family or medium size group. The architecture is stunning. This residence follows a clear credence of open plan living and entertaining. The front of the house is constructed entirely of glass, the expansive windows acting as a frame for the forest in front. The vaulted high ceilings combined with the warmth of the western red cedar makes this house is a true retreat and a place to refresh the senses. So far, this already gives the Phoenix One huge points for being simply beautiful – but this is just the start.
The cabin includes a gym, equipment room, state of the infra red sauna seats, private hot springs and much more. They also throw in a 4x4 to rip around the country in. For the kids, there's a Playstation 3, along with a Foosball table. Throw in a location that's close to just about everything – including the slopes – and you have a winter getaway with all the bells and whistles, plus more.
Any attempt to summarize the Phoenix One's features simply won't do it justice. In short: expect everything, plus more.
The full list of features and facilities includes:
- 4 large bedrooms, 4 bathrooms all with heated mirrors, rain showers.
- 3 x American queen sized beds, 1 x bunkroom to sleep 4.
-Usage of the property vehicle is included- customers must be aged 30years+ and have an international driving licence.
- State-of-the-art gymnasium, fully equipped with Technogym CV machines and multipower rack / Ivanko free weights, DVD, plasma tv and en-suite changing area with rain shower.
- Far-Infra Red sauna, seats 3. The sauna interior includes a dvd/cd player and plasma screen tv.
- Fully equipped contemporary kitchen, large GE Fridge with ice dispenser, in-built Miele Nespresso coffee machine, 2 Miele ovens, hotplates, dishwasher. Open plan, looking through to living and dining area.
- Onsen (hot bath) to seat 3 people, bifold doors opening on to secluded forested area.
- Games area with Torando F5 Foosball table
- Upstairs mezzanine study area with large lounge and plasma tv, Playstation 3 / region free DVD.
- Large open plan Dining area and spacious lounge area, leather sofas
- Large flat screen Bang & Olufsen LCD tv, Multi region DVD player & Bang & Olufsen sound system with i-pod connection
- Bose surround sound system throughout the house, including in onsen, gym and outdoor areas- Satellite TV with English programs, news & movies. Selection of latest DVD’s.
- Outdoor Ecosmart fireplace and veranda, looks out on to private forested area
- Wifi, highspeed broadband connection
- Washing machine & dryer in separate laundry room.
- Fully Equipped Dry room with automatic air dry boot and glove warmers / ski storage.
- Western red cedar walls (Inside and out) and custom made large double glazed windows throughout house.
- Under-floor heating throughout
- Cots and highchairs are available.
- Playstation 3 with games
- Foosball table
- Daily rubbish removal
- Fresh linen change every 5 days and at changeovers
- Fresh towel change every 4 days and at changeovers
- Complimentary selection of tea, coffee, milk, sugar, washing & dishwasher powder on arrival
- Pick-ups from Nagano station
- Lift passes can be arranged.
Surf & Other Activities
Phoenix One is located in the heart of Japan's Hakuba, a village in one of the country's best skiing regions. This area hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics, and today draws visitors from all over the world looking to experience world class slopes and serious powder. Outside skiing season, the area also offers some great hiking, along with other outdoor activities like cycling.