The Maldives is a Mecca for some of the most perfect waves and scuba diving in the world, and what better idea to surf the variety of Maldivian breaks there is than the 2016-built Carpe Novo.
An addition to it’s sisters the Carpe Vita and Carpe Diem, the Novo offers space, new amenities and the same opportunity to create an unforgettable and unique experience exploring surf areas of the country.
Whether you like to surf, fish, dive, or do all three, the Carpe Novo has been designed to go above and beyond meeting your needs.
All the way from its dining experience, to quality service and experienced guides and operators.
There’s nothing quite like opening your eyes as the sun comes up and waking up to a new wave each morning, reeling along the reef.
Spend the morning surfing some of the most beautiful waves of your life. Picture a range of lefts and right-handers, everything from fun long walls, to pitching tubes over colourful reef. Then swap your surfboard for a scuba tank and delve into some of the most pristine waters in the world, in a place where it is not uncommon to see Manta Rays and Whale Sharks and some of the most beautiful and friendly shark species on the planet.
Come back to enjoy a delicious meal and cold beverages on the deck as you watch a crimson sun fall behind the Indian Ocean, before falling asleep to the gentle sway of the ocean.
This brand new 2016 vessel offers some of the most luxurious accommodations and amenities we have to offer in the Maldives, and an-experienced and well prepared crew to take care of your every need.
Experienced surf guides, a dive instructor, and operations manager work alongside our trusted Skipper to get you to the best spots at the best times.
Meaning it is highly likely that you will find yourself surfing some uncrowded waves, and/or diving untouched parts of paradise with your friends or family.
The Perfect Wave Carpe Novo also has the support of a second craft, called a Dhoni. This vessel is a fully equipped surf & dive craft to take you to surf and dive spots while the mother ship is anchored in a safe vantage point. You have another 3 crew on this boat to look after your every need along with another 15 ft dingy to get nice and close to the breaks.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on the Carpe Novo is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.
Stylish and elegant accommodations await you on this elegant surf boat.
Built in similar style to her much loved sister-vessels the Carpe Diem and Carpe Vita, the Novo creates ample space to enjoy life on the sea from each one of its three floors.
The yacht has 12 comfortable cabins of different standards divided over three decks. All of which include self-controlled air-conditioning, safety deposit boxes, TVs and privatebathrooms.
Junior Suite (Whale Shark, Hammerhead, Tiger Shark and Thresher Shark).
These four spacious suite cabins are located on the top deck of the ship and all include deluxe king-size beds, which can be separated into two super single beds if needed.
You’ll find a 39 inch flat screen TV, HD Player as well as a desk/chair/dresser, hanging closets and windows from which to view the beauty of the Indian ocean.
The room also includes the benefit of a private bathroom with a dual sink and spacious shower.
Single suites (Eagle Ray, Manta Ray)
Large windows and two queen size beds are some of the benefits of the pair of Single Suites located on the boat’s main deck. Both include desk/chair/dresser, a TV and HD player and the benefit of an ensuite bathroom and shower.
Standard (Turtle, Dolphin, Barracuda, Octopus, Frog Fish and Napoleon)
The standard accommodations on this vessel are by no means reflective of their name.
Four of these rooms come with the benefit of one queen size bed and a super single bed while the two front standard cabins (the Octopus and Frog Fish) are set up into one with two single beds only. All standard rooms include a TV and HD player player, desk/chair, dresser and private ensuite bathrooms with showers. All standard cabins have portholes.
Wifi internet connection is available for $15/week. You can also arrange a Maldivian SIM card on arrival.
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Luxury accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- 16m Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefit / Bonus Inclusion:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra bonus:
- US$50 discount off your bar bill, if you are a repeat The Perfect Wave client and The Perfection Pass holder.
Please note that all Carpe boats return to harbour the night before check out and dhoni will be unavailable in the afternoon to pick up supplies. No surfing on the day of check out.
Alcohol and other bar items such as Espresso coffee is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand.
Please note that there is a fuel surcharge for trips outside of Male and Meemu Atolls (Thaa, Laamu, Dhaalu, Gaafu Dhaalu and other Outer Atolls incur an extra cost).
The Perfect Wave have teamed up with Awayco, a global surf gear rental company who carry a very wide range of quiver to rent for your next Maldives surf holiday. If you cannot or don't want to carry your surfboard all the way to the Maldives, you can book your preferred surfboard from a Awayco range, and the board will wait for you in the Maldives. Our Awayco hub is at Kandooma Resort in North Male'. Please talk to us about how to organize the board pick-up for your surf charter holiday.
They normally have 1 or 2 dive guides/instructors on board during the surf trips. Diving is available and need not be booked in advance. Please note that the places good for surf are not always the best for diving.
As for courses, they offer the DSD, which is the discovery dive equivalent to the first lesson of your open water PADI course. The open-water PADI certification however takes more time and has skills classes in shallow water and 4 open water dives before you get certified. There is a shorter course which allows you only to dive till 12 meters and under guidance but they normally don’t recommend it.
You can use the snorkelling equipment on board without problems.
Fishing in the Maldives is done by hand line only, even for bigger fish. They provide hand-fishing lines and weights and bait fish, so that you can have a go - Maldivian style. If you would like to do trawling or if you bring your own rods and want to go on separate fishing trips, there will be an extra charge.
You can add the global roaming option to your current plan but make sure you’re aware of the costs involved with your provider, otherwise the cheapest option is to just grab a SIM from one of the local providers which can be purchased at the airport once you have cleared customs, or at a local village during your trip.
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|25 Apr 2020||02 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|02 May 2020||09 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|09 May 2020||16 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|16 May 2020||23 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|23 May 2020||30 May 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|18 Jul 2020||25 Jul 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|25 Jul 2020||01 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|15 Aug 2020||22 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|22 Aug 2020||29 Aug 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||€2,649||
Male Atolls (Central at extra cost)
|29 Aug 2020||08 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||10 nights||0||-|
|12 Sep 2020||19 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||€2,649||
Male Atolls (Central at extra cost)
|19 Sep 2020||26 Sep 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||0||-|
|26 Sep 2020||03 Oct 2020||Surf Charter||7 nights||12||€2,649||
Male Atolls (Central at extra cost)
- The above prices are based per person, for group bookings of 12-20 people. If you have a smaller group, please contact us for a customized quote.
- Please note that there is a fuel surcharge for trips outside of Male and Meemu Atolls (Thaa, Laamu, Dhaalu, Gaafu Dhaalu and other Outer Atolls incur an extra cost).
- International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect Wave is a fully licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package. Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we get the best rate flight prices from the best airlines.
- Please note that all Carpe boats return to harbour the night before check out and dhoni will be unavailable in the afternoon to pick up supplies. No surfing on the day of check out.
- Domestic Flights to Maldives Outer Atolls are variable and subject to change without notice. For this reason do not book international flights into and departing Male until your Outer Atoll charter is confirmed and domestic flight schedule ticketed. Flight schedules are outside the control of TPW and the risk of changes remains with the traveller.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.