Mount Hutt Motel features 10 self contained apartments set on a leafy, secluded site within walking distance of the village center of Methven, New Zealand.
A local icon for over 14 years, Mount Hutt Motel is a family run business offering classic Kiwi hospitality, run by the friendly owners Keith and Sharryn. They have 10 self contained apartments available for visitors, each set on a pleasant site surrounded by manicured lawns and leafy gardens. It's secluded, peaceful and generally hard not to immediately appreciate the attention to detail. Along with a tennis court, Keith and Sharryn have also thrown in an outdoor spa and bbq area.
The apartments are quite roomy, with plenty of space to stretch out. Seven are studio style apartments, while the other three feature an additional room. The latter is more suitable for families. The spacious outdoor areas are also great for the kids.
The motel has a pretty good location, just out of the village center of Methven. The entire site is located just off the road, meaning it's fairly quiet, and you generally can't hear any traffic. However, it's also just a stone's throw from the center of town, where there are numerous restaurants, pubs and ski rental stores. Overall, the motel has a good balance of being just outside the bustle of the center, while still being easily accessible.
Mount Hutt Motel offers two types of apartments, including the single studios and two room doubles. All 10 apartments are well maintained, clean and tastefully decorated. They also come with all the standard features such and televisions, ensuite bathrooms, free wi-fi and dining areas.
More details of each type below :
- Self-contained studio units (sleeps 1-4)
- King-size and single beds, or queen-size bed and 2 single beds .Well equipped kitchen with elements, fridge and microwave, dining table, TV and DVD.
- Ensuite with shower, vanity and separate toilet.
- Patio setting outside each unit looking onto manicured lawns and gardens.
- Lawn tennis court, trampoline and BBQ area.
- Set back off the road with parking outside each unit.
- Free wi-fi.
2. 2-Bedroom Apartment (sleeps 2-6)
- Bedding is: king-size bed in one bedroom, queen and single bed in the 2nd bedroom and another single bed in the large lounge area.
- Well equipped kitchen with full stove, refrigerator, microwave, spacious lounge with TV and DVD.
- Bathroom with shower, vanity and seperate toilet.
- Leather lounge suite and 6 piece dining.
- Set back off the road with parking for 2 cars outside each unit.
- Ideal units for families with a lawn tennis court, trampoline and guest BBQ area.
- Free wi-fi.
Guests also have full access to the grounds, which include a tennis court, outdoor spa and bbq area. The spacious lawn areas are great for kids.
Their full list of amenities and services includes:
- Free wi-fi
- Fully self-contained and spacious
- 7 studio units and 3 2-bedroom apartments
- Well equipped and tastefully decorated units
- All with separate kitchen and bathrooms
- Electric heaters, TV and DVD, electric blankets and cosy mattress toppers on the beds
- Units are all set back off the road with parking in front of each unit
- Set in a spacious outdoor park-like setting
- BBQ, lawn tennis court, outdoor spa and trampoline
- 1 minute from town center, supermarkets and restaurants
- Award-winning gardens. Amazing spring and autumn displays
- Ski drying room
- Ski bus pick-up at the gate
- Kitchens in all units
- Hot plates, fridge and microwave
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- TV and DVD (limited free DVD's available)
- Parking outside each unit
- Tennis court and trampoline
- All rooms are smoke free
Surf & Other Activities
Methven is often used by visitors as a base for ski trips to Mount Hutt, the glistening white peak less than an hour away. There's no accommodation on the mountain itself, though it's fairly easy to reach from Methven. However, there's many more attractions around town, and in the surrounding countryside. Some of these include:
- Hot-air ballooning
- Skiing - snow and water
- Salmon and trout fishing
- Hunting - tahr, chamois, deer
- 18-hole golf - excellent course
- Farm tours - sheep, crops, deer
- Alpine garden walks
- Mt Somers Walkway
- Mountain biking
- Jet boating