A Perfect Foundation is our For-Social Change Organization created 3 years ago to empower local communities in remote surf regions through education and skill acquisition to make a sustainable difference. Founded by The Perfect Wave Surf Experience, we wanted to be able to give back to the island communities that have allowed us to enjoy their natural resources and homelands whilst at the same time teach them the importance of a sustainable future!
A Perfect Foundation supports multiple programs through initiatives and fundraising for other established international charities as well as our own community based Education and Conservation Centre in the Mentawai Islands, Indonesia. This way we are able to make a direct difference where and when it is needed through medical, hygiene, clean water, education, skill acquisition and environmental programs.
With the prediction that there will be more plastic than fish in the world’s oceans by 2050, the world is becoming increasingly aware of the problem with our use of plastic and its impact on the health of our planet. Indonesia produces a staggering 3.2 million metric tons of mismanaged plastic waste per year and is the world’s second largest contributor to plastic rubbish in the oceans. In 2015 the Indonesian Environment and Forestry Ministry’s waste management director wanted to declare a state of emergency for waste in the country due to the extent of the crisis.
DO YOU WANT TO HELP MAKE A SUSTAINABLE DIFFERENCE?
What has A Perfect Foundation Achieved So Far?
- Introduced the first recycling and waste management program in the Mentawai Islands.
- As of 2017 taught over 400 adults and children English language skills providing better employment opportunities for their future.
- Taught 30 female students how to surf along with essential water awareness skills.
- Distributed water filters in remote villages in partnership with Waves4Water.
- Introduced an outreach program with local schools promoting English and sustainability.
- In the process of attaining land to build a new community based Education and Conservation Centre to accommodate our growing programs and the new recycling collection facility.
- Formed relationships with local government officials and community leaders who support our programs and the need for a sustainable future.
We believe we can positively connect local communities with a sustainable Tourism Industry to protect the environment!
For further information about what A Perfect Foundation are doing in the Mentawai Islands and other global projects, please contact us at info@aperfectfoundation or visit our website: www.aperfectfoundation.org.