A brand new, stylish property in Midigama (Sri Lanka's south coast). This area gets the best waves between November and March.
It consists of 18 brand new designer chalets that are located right on a beautiful beach, with 180 degree ocean views. Best of all, there's a surf spot right out the front, waiting for you to paddle out. Waves to suit all levels, from the long walls of Lazy Left, beginner rollers at Midigama Rights to hollow pits at Rams Reef.
The Perfect Wave runs a surf program at this property. We offer surf lessons, guiding and rentals. All our surf guides are ISA certified.
Cantaloupe is proud to present Cantaloupe Surf Club located in Midigama; an 18-room chalet type hotel, combined with a beach club and surf school operated by The Perfect Wave.
The property is unique in many ways, with one of its most exciting features being a 100-meter long stretch of private beach along which the pastel hued chalets have been built. The property also happens to have a wave to suit everyone from beginners to rippers. Out front is the long Midigama Left and a short paddle to the user friendly Right, perfect for beginners and improvers. A walk down the beach to one of the regions best waves, the barrelling Rams.
The design of the chalets was inspired by Miami-style surf huts, and expanded to create generously proportioned rooms. Each of the chalets opens out on to the beach and the ocean right in front of them.
The beach club has been designed taking inspiration from many beach clubs around the world. While the main structure is contemporary in design, the interiors will be a combination of art deco and rustic chic - with inspiration from traditional Sri Lankan homes, which are diverse in culture, and also influenced by the islands colonial past.
Surf & Other Activities
Cantaloupe Surf Club and Chalets is located on an absolute beachfront at Midigama.
Here, you can snorkel on the coral reefs or surf the endless tropical breaks in the 3-6ft range, both lefts and rights. The swell in this area is pretty consistent during the season, and offers options for all levels of surfers. The waves are fun & mellow.
Midigama Left – is out the front of the Cantaloupe Surf Club, also know as Lazy Left its a long walling left offering multiple turns as it reels over the old coral shelf reef. As swell gets bigger the wave breaks longer extending from a 3 to 4 turn wave up to 150 metre wave offering 6 or more turns
Midigama Right is across the Bay from the Left and a short paddle or walk from the Cantaloupe Surf Club, a user friendly soft reef break offering beginners and improving surfers predictable and peeling waves where they can develop their skills
Rams is just a 150 metres down the beach from Cantaloupe Surf Club. A short sharp and slabby right this super fun barrel is for experienced surfers to find some shade from the tropical sun.
|1 night||Beach Garden - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jul-24 Dec|
|1 night||Beach Garden - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||24 Dec-06 Jan|
|1 night||Beach Garden - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||06 Jan-01 May|
|1 night||Beach Garden - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||01 May-01 Jul|
|1 night||Loft - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||01 Jul-24 Dec|
|1 night||Loft - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||24 Dec-06 Jan|
|1 night||Loft - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||06 Jan-01 May|
|1 night||Loft - Double/Twin||Room||Please enquire||Per night||01 May-01 Jul|
- Prices above are per person prices, based on 2 people sharing a room, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages. Package durations and inclusions can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us, or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Minimum stay of 4 nights during the Christmas and New Year’s season.
- Nightly Accommodation.
- 7x Daily Breakfast.
- 6x Daily Lunch.
- 7x Daily Dinner.
- WiFi internet connection.
- 100m of stunning beach out front.
- 180-degree ocean views from your room.
- All taxes: 16.98% VAT, 2.04% Nations building Taxes (NBT), 1% Tourism Development Levy (TDL) and 10% Service Charge.
- Christmas dinner US$138 per person.
- New Year’s dinner US$150 per person.
- Third adult surcharge of US$44 per person per night on Bed & Breakfast basis, US$69 per person per night (half board) or US$99 per person per night on full board basis.
- Children aged between 0 to 4 years - complimentary.
- Children aged between 5 to 11 years: US$25 per night per child on bed & breakfast basis or US$44 per night per child on half board basis.
- Children aged 12 years and above considered as adults.
- Maximum of two adults and two children per room.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.