Setting a paradise-like setting with ocean views, Ayada Maldives offers seven luxury accommodation types, all of which blend contemporary and traditional Maldivian & Turkish design elements.
Setting a paradise-like setting with ocean views, Ayada Maldives offers seven luxury accommodation types, all of which blend contemporary and traditional Maldivian & Turkish design elements. The stilted water villas have each been carefully placed on the uniquely shaped jetty to capture magnificent views of the endless horizon whilst the beach villas offer an you absolute privacy and serenity less than 30 steps from the Indian Ocean.
The resort comprises Beach Villas, Family Beach Suites, Sunset Beach Suites, Ocean Villas, Sunset Lagoon Suites, Sunset Ocean Suites, Family Ocean Suites, and the outstanding duplex Ayada Royal Ocean Suite.Designed, planned and constructed exclusively keeping in mind the need to provide a unique yet accessible, luxurious yet simple, modern yet authentic experience for you. All exterior and interior elements have been especially commissioned to use the most durable natural elements and as such there is an abundance of teak, marble and terrazzo finishing on display. The resort pays special tribute to its Turkish influence by introducing subtle Ottoman style decorative elements in the villas and restaurants.
- Private plunge pool
- Outdoor terrace with sun loungers, daybeds and an outdoor shower
- Indoor daybed
- Interactive 42" flat screen LCD TV
- DVD / CD player with surround sound system
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- International Direct Dialing access
- Nespresso machine and tea making facilities
- Safe large enough to accommodate a laptop
- Individual air temperature controls
- Digital peephole viewer
- Indoor bath area featuring a large terrazzo tub and luxury bath amenities
- Housekeeping services twice a day
Each of the spacious water and seafront villas are designed and furnished to provide privacy and comfort and exclusively offer:
- a private plunge pool with terrace,
- direct beach or ocean access and
- the service of your own dedicated Butler or Guest Relations Agent.
- Over water hammocks
- Direct lagoon access from the outdoor terrace
- Direct beach access from the outdoor terrace
- Large swing sofa on the outdoor terrace
- Glass floor panel in the living area and two suites offer a glass panel in the bedroom
- Over water hammocks
- Private pantry
- Additional bathroom
- 32” LCD TV in the bath area facing the terrazzo tub
Garden Villa –will be operated as of 1st of November 2015
Surf & Other Activities
It is said that the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (also named Huvadhoo Atoll) offers some of the best conditions for surfing in the Maldives. It works best in February to April and September to November. It picks up more swell than any other Atoll in the Maldives and from every direction. The Gaafu Dhaalu offers the greatest quantity and variety of spots. To almost every island on the outside of the atoll you will find one or two breaks. There is everything from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never ending playful waves.
- Blue Bowls or Voodoos (10 mins by speedboat)- Blue Bowls is the most flexible right, tucked inside the pass and protected from SW-W Winds. More of a point style wave, it has good a length of ride and nice bowly sections for performance moves. All swells, all tides and all sizes.
- Gani Point or Five Islands (across the channel) - Five Islands is another right hander that breaks hard and hollow on the shallow reef inside. The outside section encourages deep takeoffs into racy walls and handles the biggest swells at all tides.
- Love Charms (across the channel) - are actually several reliable lefts, which can handle E winds and any size of swell. Low tide is the best when it is small, soft and broken into two distinct sections. Bigger swell morphs into a long, hollow wall, with protected pockets.
- Rockets or Tiger Stripes (15 mins by speedboat) - Named after the narrow gouges in the reef that give a striped effect, Tigers is a real growling left in a strong swell. Tricky take offs into a long speedy wall before committing to an inside tube section that wraps and peters out in the channel. Unimpressive when small, it always seems to be bigger than everywhere else. All tides, all variations of S Swells and any N Wind.
Ayada Resort surf transfer costs:
- Surf pass : US $150++ / Pax / 3hrs (Includes water safety guide & boat)
- Board rental : US $40++ / Board / 2hrs or US $80++ per day
There is no minimum number required for a surf trip. One surf pass is for 3 hours of surfing (depending on the conditions) and you will visit one of the 6 nearby surf breaks (see the map above) depending on the day’s tide and conditions.
Group Discount Surf Passes: Surf passes for 3 or more pax, per person.
- 1 surf pass USD 150++
- 3 surf passes USD 425++
- 5 surf passes USD 650++
- 10 surf passes USD 1000++
Speedboat charter for special trip (Including water safety guide):
- Ayada speedboat: max 4pax, $400++ per hour; extra person $150++
- Traditional dhoni: for 4 pax, $300++ per hour; extra person $75++
- 1hr lagoon lesson for $120++ pp (with equipment)
- 3hr lagoon lesson for $240++ pp
- Diving - The dive center Dive Kingdom International on Ayada Maldives is located right next to the open-air reception and has its own jetty and a direct entrance to the lagoon, the training area and the boat landing. Even on your arrival, you won't be able to miss it. It is a PADI 5* Dive Center and you will train per PADI's standardized system. This takes place both in an air-conditioned classroom, which is fully equipped with television/video and a white board, and in the calm lagoon directly in front of the dive center. They offer the courses in 12 languages. Several of the top dive areas are just a few minutes away.
- Wind Surfing
- Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Catamaran Sailing
- Water Skiing
- Wake Boarding
- Knee Boarding
- The Fun Tube
- The Banana Ride
- Badminton Court
- Fitness Pavilion
- Games Hall
- Jogging Track
- Tennis Court
- Water Sports Centre
- Traditional Big Game Fishing
- Long Line Fishing
- Yoga Studio
|5 nights||TPW Exclusive Package (Double Share)||Package||AU$3,007||Per person||01 May-28 Sep|
|5 nights||TPW Exclusive Package (Double Share)||Package||AU$3,405||Per person||28 Sep-24 Dec|
|7 nights||TPW Exclusive Package (Double Share)||Package||AU$4,078||Per person||01 May-28 Sep|
|7 nights||TPW Exclusive Package (Double Share)||Package||AU$4,635||Per person||28 Sep-24 Dec|
|12 nights||TPW Exclusive Package (Double Share)||Package||AU$6,757||Per person||01 May-28 Sep|
|12 nights||TPW Exclusive Package (Double Share)||Package||AU$7,712||Per person||28 Sep-24 Dec|
- Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 7 ft including the boardbag.
TPW Exclusive Package - Inclusions:
There is no minimum number required for a surf trip. One surf pass is for 3 hours of surfing (depending on the conditions) and you will visit one of the 6 nearby surf breaks depending on the day’s tide and conditions.
- Upgrade to Beach Villa with Pool: USD 155 per villa per night
- Upgrade to Ocean Villa with Pool: USD 580 per Villa per night
The Perfection Pass Membership Benefits:
The Perfection Pass is the world’s first surf travel loyalty program. If you are a repeat client of The Perfect Wave, please apply for your membership and enjoy the following extra inclusions if you book a trip at Ayada Resort:
- 35% discount at AySpa
- Complimentary upgrade on your villa or suite – subject to availability
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Chris (March 2016)
Amazing trip. Thank you so much for making us feel so special. This was our honeymoon and it was a once in a lifetime experience for both the of us.
The little touches you provided certainly made the difference and we were blown away with your little gifts and surprises along the way that you organized such as honeymoon cake on the flight and at the hotel, Mr & Mrs passport covers, constant emails and checking in on us at the resort.
Ayada Resort was such a beautiful resort, definitely high end and in our eyes a 7 star resort with impeccable service with our own butler, pool and only meters from our own private beach (much better location and more private than the overwater villas). We really did feel like the only guests on the island.
Love Charms surf break is only 5 mins speedboat ride away and we scored 4-5ft lefthanders with only 4 of us surfing. Tiger Stripes is a 30 min speedboat ride away and had a few safari boats that visited but no more that 15 people in the water at one time.
I only surfed the 3 days but I have memories that will last a lifetime.
We would definitely recommend The Perfect wave to anyone who wanted to travel to the Maldives.
Steven (September 2015)
Ayada is a beautiful resort in the Southern Atolls. Accommodation, facilities & meals were fantastic. The staff are the most attentive & friendly that I have ever experienced.
Miranda (October 2013)
Website, service and prices were great. I found the packages to be a really good deal and worthwhile. Marie was really great, she had lots of recommendations and managed to find the perfect spot for us to honeymoon. She was very quick to respond to my inquires even on a Saturday!! Thanks, we had the most amazing week!!