5 - 12 May 2019.
This is your chance to surf with the 1988 ASP World Surf Champion Barton Lynch on board the most luxurious surf charter in the Maldives - Carpe Vita.
Barton will give you great coaching tips in the lineup and on board. In between the sessions eat and drink like a king, chill out in your beautiful cabin or bask on the sun. Non-surfing partners are welcome on board.
Barton Lynch emerged from the beach breaks of Manly to become one of the most successful professional surfers of all time. His 15 year career included 17 World Championship victories and the highlight was winning the 1988 ASP World Championship. He is now widely recognised as one of the world's leading surf coaches, an expert commentator and still loves to surf more than anything.
Access Barton’s vast experience and knowledge from 35 years of surfing and coaching to assist you to improve your surfing performance regardless of your current performance level - although you must be able to paddle and catch your own waves, stand to your feet and ride a wave. BL will help you with your knowledge of the ocean and the breaks you surf and show you how to manage the lineup to catch more waves.
There will be a focus on learning the correct techniques and style for all the manoeuvres. Barton Lynch will share stories from his years on the world tour and give you an insiders view into the world of professional surfing as well as equipment analysis - quiver and board advice from the World Champion.
Male and Central Atolls with Carpe Vita
Introducing the MV Carpe Vita Explorer, the brand new luxury surf charter boat designed and built for guests that enjoy a full service surf & dive charter. The MV Carpe Vita is a brand new luxury 38m long motor safari yacht with a wooden hull, designed and built by experienced Maldivian boat builders. It will be accompanied by a specially designed new 61 foot Dhoni (diving & surfing tender) to meet the needs and comfort of both divers & surfers. The Carpe Vita Explorer has 10 guest cabins divided in 3 categories over 3 decks and can cater for a maximum of 20 guest but you only need a group of 12 to have the boat for an exclusive charter.
Captain & Crew
With 13 crew on board to take care of your every need, this is a truly service-inspired charter boat. Captain Shereef is one of the best captains in the Maldives with 10 years experience navigating the best boats through every atoll in the Maldives, so he has your safety covered. He is supported by his 2nd in charge and they have another 2 boat boys & an onboard engineer looking after every element to run a smooth & trouble free surfari. You have 2 chefs dishing up 3 meals per day of a mix of Asian and Western dishes and they are assisted by a fulltime barman and waiter for evening cocktails and a truly fine dining experience. Each day your cabin is turned over by your own room attendant and fresh towels and sheets are just a request away.
For recreation you have a separate support craft, called a Dhoni. This vessel is a fully equipped surf & dive craft to take you to surf and dive spots while the mother ship is anchored in a safe vantage point. You have another 3 crew on this boat to look after your every need along with another 15 ft dingy to get nice and close to the breaks. For the divers on board you have two experienced dive masters to do dives in between surfs or even a Padi certified dive course for non surfers.
A Perfect Wave surf charter wouldn’t be a surf charter without an experienced surf guide getting you the best waves on offer. On the Carpe Vita you get two guides, a local guide to assist you in the water daily, ensuring you are in the right take off spot; and an experienced Aussie guide to plan and advise on forecasts and cater the surf sessions based on the surfer level and experience. He will ultimately run the charter to ensure that all guests get everything they want from the best luxury surf charter in the Maldives.
- 6 standard cabins.
- 2 separate staff cabins.
- Engine room.
- Crew compartment.
- Two superior cabins.
- Air conditioned lounge/restaurant area, with a coffee/tea/buffet table offering you coffee and tea throughout the day. There is a wide flat screen TV, DVD/MP3 player, in house sound system, library and comfortable sitting area with plug points for laptop use.
- Outside in front of the lounge area there is another sitting area in the shade with comfortable cushions perfect for chilling out with a beer between surfs.
- The galley has a spacious cold room to ensure the freshest of produce.
- Linen storage room.
- Dive rental storage area.
- Business centre with internet and all business centre facilities.
- Separate toilet.
- A platform at the back of the main deck with two fresh water showers.
- Two beautiful and very spacious Suite rooms.
- Bridge area with sofa seating area to accompany the captain while driving the boat.
- Outside shaded sitting area in front of the bridge with fabulous view.
- Main open air dining area and bar where you will be served semi buffet meals prepared by the fine dining chef while enjoying the selection of non-alcoholic beverages (alcoholic beverages available for sale).
Carpe Vita has 10 comfortable cabins of different standards divided over 3 decks. The different cabin types are Suites (2), Superior rooms (2) and Standard rooms (6). All cabins have individually controlled air-conditioning, safety deposit boxes and TV screens with DVD players and their own private bathrooms. The electricity voltage on board is of 220V and the plugs are of 3 pins US type.
The very spacious Suite cabins, are located at the upper deck. The cabins have king size beds which can be separated in two super single beds (39 inches), a flat screen TV plus DVD/MP3 player, desk/chair/dresser, two hanging closets, windows throughout the side of the cabin, bathroom with dual sink, bath tub and separate shower cubicle.
The Carpe Vita has two Superior cabins located on the main deck with king size beds which can be separated in two super single beds and desk/chair/dresser, hanging closet, large windows, private en-suite bathroom and shower cubicle.
A total of 6 Standard cabins are located on the cabin deck below the main deck. All cabins have one queen size bed and super single bed, desk/chair, dresser, private en-suite bathrooms with showers. All standard cabins have portholes.
Wifi internet connection is available for $15/week. You can also arrange a Maldivian SIM card on arrival.
In the lounge they have a stereo (where you can plug in with Stereo RCA) and up at the dining area there is a small stereo with a 2x3.5mm stereo cable so that anyone can plug in an iPhone/iPod.
General Trip Inclusions
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Luxury accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- 16m Dhoni support boat for flexible surf break access
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- A very experienced local surf guide
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Quality Assurance Guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
Extra Inclusions - for surfers
- Expert advice from our Experienced & friendly Surf Guides
- Barton Lynch coaching package:
- Learn techniques
- Focus on surf-specific fitness
- Surf drill and maneuver control
- Equipment analysis - quiver
** Package prices do not include international airfares. Please ask us about flights – we are a wholesale agent for Singapore Airlines
The charter concludes in Dhaalu in afternoon of final day, maximising surf time. Domestic flight Dhaalu to Male included, please check domestic flight time when booking.
*This trip includes a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
|05 May 2019||12 May 2019||Barton Lynch Surf Coaching trip||7 nights||4||AU$5,696|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
Deposits & Balance payments
- All deposits are required to be paid before bookings will be processed and bookings are not confirmed until deposit has been received.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Joel (May 2015)
This week surfing legend Barton Lynch and wife Holly are playing host aboard the Carpe Vita here in the Maldives. To be honest, I did not really know what to expect for day one of this trip. As it turns out, it has been incredible. Holly led a sunrise yoga class then Barton took over in the surf coaching his guests through countless waves in perfect conditions. It was amazing to see Barton catch a wave then sit in the channel and watch as people surfed, then he would paddle back out with them offering tips and pointers on how to improve. Add to all that another perfect day with great swell and no crowds and you have the stuff dreams are made of.
Aldo (May 2015)
The Carpe Vita and Barton Lynch one of the true professionals recognized not only for his surfing but his ability to articulate provides an outstanding opportunity to enjoy one of the most comfortable roomy boats cruising any surf destination.
Justine (May 2015)
Brian and all staff on the Carpe Vita were amazing! Barton and Holly were awesome and I would recommend a trip with them to everyone.