Jailbreaks Surf Hotel offers a quality spacious villa accommodation with outside pool at a great value. It's a different experience from being on a remote resort of surfari boat. Experience the true and real Maldives and interact with the locals.
The famous Jailbreaks wave is just off the island and a quick walk away. Daily trips are arranged on traditional dhoni boat to all North Male surf breaks: Chickens, Cokes, Sultans, Honkeys and so on.
Jailbreaks Surf Hotel is an excellent place for single surfers and groups, but also for couples, to stay in Maldives on a budget and surf the breaks around North Male – Jails, Sultans, Honkeys, Chickens, Cokes and more.
This hotel is located on the Himmafushi Island - a typical fishing island situated 17 km north of the capital Male with a ferry transfer of just 45 mins. With approx 750 inhabitants, sandy roads and palm trees, you can walk around the island in approx. 40min whilst watching the locals going about their daily routine.
They are happy to arrange trips to surrounding resorts for meals and/ or drinks. Transfers to the resorts take from 15 min up to 45 min and are included in the surf package.
The owner and manager of this surf hotel was operating the surf- and watersports center at Hudhuranfushi Resort (Lohis) for many years. The surf guide is an experienced surfer and professional surf photographer from Dominican Republic, who spends his winters in Hawaii’s North Shore.
Whether you want to catch waves, relax or spend your time snorkelling around - all are possible at affordable prices.
Two local restaurants and several shops adequately supply you with your self catering needs. Or, catch fish yourself or get it fresh from local fishermen. Trips to Male can be arranged on a daily basis for larger shopping trips.
At Jailbreaks Surf Hotel you can interact with local families and experience the fascinating culture of the Maldives and the warm hospitality of the Maldivians. The Maldives as they truly are.
Admire original craftmanship at the local shipyard watching the carpenters traditionally constructing the typical local dhoni boats.
This is a one of a kind opportunity to discover the real Maldives while surfing world class waves. And at the end of the day this is what surfing is all about. Not only surfing empty breaks and enjoying warm waters but also experiencing new cultures and meeting people.
Due to the Islamic culture any consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited on Himmafushi Island (you will need to take a transfer to an island resort to be able to drink alcohol – any surf camp or a hotel sharing land with a local village is not able to surf alcoholic beverages).
- 4 double Rooms with A/C, balcony and ensuite bathroom.
- 2 big living rooms with a DVD Player and a library, music system and a fusball table.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- In-house Surf Guide arranging surf trips and anything else.
- Full Board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Surf dhoni at free disposal for daily 2 (up to 3) surf trips to North Male breaks.
- Various excursions can be arranged, e.g. fishing, snorkelling, Male tour, etc.
- Professional photographer service available (extra cost).
Surf & Other Activities
Maldives is known for its warm and clear water surf perfection. Every surfer has to see this place.
The North Male Atoll contains the most popular surf breaks of the Maldives and offers the most consistent spots from early April to late October. All of the spots are facing to the east or south east and are well protected from predominant south westerly winds. The breaks of North Male Atoll are perfectly shaped, pick up a lot of swell and have proven to be quite consistent.
Jails (or Jailbreaks), the famous perfect right-hander is directly in front of this island Himmafushi. From the Jailbreaks Surf Hotel, it's only a nice 10min walk across the island to the jail at the point, and after getting over some corals a quick paddle out to Jails.
Of course, it's even more convenient with the boat trips, just a quick 10 min dhoni ride up to the point, same to Sultans and Honkeys which you can already see from the island across the channel.
Daily surf trips, using a traditional Dhoni, boat go to surrounding and northern breaks, which are included in the Surf Package. The Surf Guide arrnages 2 (up to 3) trips a day with the guests, according to swell, wind and tide conditions to ensure a maximum of surf time.
Besides Jails, North Male surf breaks you can access are:
- Chickens - 40min by Dhoni (Left)
- Cokes - 40min by Dhoni (Right)
- Ninjas - 25min by Dhoni (Right)
- Sultans - 10min by Dhoni (Right)
- Honkeys - 10min by Dhoni (Left)
|7 nights||Surf Package - Double room||Package||AU$985||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|7 nights||Surf Package - Single room||Package||AU$1,218||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|7 nights||Surf Package - Triple room||Package||AU$860||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices based on a STAY 7 PAY 6 Special offer, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages. Package durations and inclusions can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
Enquire about special rates for larger groups.
Full Surf Package Inclusions:
- Very comfortable accommodation with A/C and ensuite bathroom
- Spacious areas with TV/DVD, fusball table, table tennis and more.
- Full Board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Mineral water, tea and coffee
- 2-3 daily boat trips to the best breaks in the area (North Male Atoll)
- Surf guide on all your boat trips to surrounding breaks.
- Maldivian GST & green tax
- Late check out after 12 noon, will be charged 50% of the cost of one day.
- Special diets must be advised prior arrival and will be charged 10 USD per day.
- Children under 10 y.o. get a 50% discount.
- Internet connection.
Airport transfer rates:
- 1 Passenger: 200 USD
- 2 Passengers: 100 USD each
- 3 Passengers: 75 USD each
- 4 Passengers: 65 USD each
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Michael (June 2016)
We had a great time in the Maldives. You did a great job organising everything, including good seats on the plane!
Jake (May 2014)
"Just Surf Villas" provides a very specialized surfing experience -- think private dhoni rides out to remote breaks (in my 5 day stay we surfed Cokes, Chickens, Sultans, Jailbreaks and Honkys), long surf sessions separated by downtime at the hotel, naps, checking photos from the day's sessions - then back out again. Rooms are large and clean, with private ensuites and aircon. Javi is a great host, with a high attention to detail and great with instructions in the lineup.