If you dream of paradise in search of the perfect wave, Rote is your destination. There you will find a world-class set of waves to enjoy with friends and family. This resort is named after the T-Land wave, located in the small village of Nembrala.
Right by the shore-line in Nemberala village, they offer you exclusive accommodation consisting of 4 traditional bungalows - 8 rooms in total. They are hand-built by Indonesian artisans using local materials from Rote itself.
The Indonesian archipelago boasts the most beautiful waves in the world. But surfing destinations are often over-crowded as a result of their own success. One of the most eastern Indonesian islands, Rote, is situated right in the core of the Lesser Sunda Islands just 500km away from Australia. Found in the middle of the ocean, this small tropical island offers the visitor a paradisiacal landscape, perfect white-sand beach, crystal-clear turquoise waters and stunning sunsets.
T-Land Resort is located in the Nembrala Village. The main T-Land and Bommie waves are just in front of it. The boats anchored at the beach allow easy access to both waves and saving you from wasting time carrying boards by foot. T-Land Resort is a destination for surfers traveling in couples, with friends or family. It is hidden among the palm trees of this remote island and designed to accommodate small groups (18-20 people maximum) to offer comfort, peace and an idyllic tropical atmosphere.
The T-Land Resort has been built following the traditional methods under the direction of a north-American engineering team and offers high-standard accommodation. The center is fenced all-round with coral rock assuring privacy and safety without detriment to the sea views.
Right by the shore-line in Nemberala village, they offer you exclusive accommodation consisting of 4 traditional bungalows - 8 rooms in total. All huts are built following the local arquitecture. They are hand-built by Indonesian artisans using local materials from Rote itself. The bungalow roofs are thatched (alang) and rest on coral-rock walls.
In order to avoid the inconveniences of walking from a tropical climate into an air-conditioned one, they have designed the rooms so that the indoor temperature is sustained by using the sea breeze and the energy of fans.
The T-Land Resort is a collection of charming rooms with their own distinctive decor. To achieve this, they have decorated them with Timor Style (antiques) and first-class Teak furniture. The bathrooms are outside and the terraces offer magnificent sea views.
Their open, spacious Restaurant-Cafe is situated just by the beach. Its strong traditional decor offers a sense of freedom and enjoyment with echanting natural luxuries like white-sand flooring. The Chef and Kitchen team prepare a daily menu which mixes traditional Rote's coking with foreign influences. The kitchen in open to the dining area enhancing our devotion to quality, local produce and correct handling of food.
The bar Swimming Pool are also part of the offer. You will also enjoy them under a starry sky while watching videos of the day´s surfing.
- Each room is identified with its own name.
- One, two and three people rooms, both children and group orientated.
- Child under 2 years old: FREE
- Beds with mosquito nets.
- Fixed and mobile fans.
- Daily room service.
- Laundry service.
Surf & Other Activities
If you dream of paradise in search of the perfect wave, Rote is your destination. There you will find a world-class set of waves to enjoy with friends and family. Well away from the crowds found in other Indonesian islands, Rote offers you the renowned quality and comfort that makes the Indonesian archipelago one of the best holiday spots in the world. From March to November, dry season and winter in the Southern hemisphere, the wind blows South-Southwest coming from South Africa towards Australia. That is when the Indian Ocean turns into a factory of waves and dreams. The winds are off-shore, East-Southeast trade winds. And unlike in other islands in the archipelago, you will not find distrustful locals protecting their waves from visitors. They are friendly and kind to the scarce surfers in their waters.
- T-Land is the main Rote´s wave. It is one of the longest (600ft-200m) and most perfect waves in Indonesia. Its quality and consistency allows you to surf from 2ft (0,5m) to 15ft (5m). It has three sections with different levels of difficulty. It is often compared with G-Land, more accessible and maneuverable. Off-shore wind during dry season. With so many hours of surf, you will fulfill your dream of surfing just with your friends. T-Land Resort offers you the best location for accessing the wave. T-Land Resort and their boats are located in front of the reef channel that will take you to surf.
- The Bommie - located in the Nembrala bay, this is a shorter and more intense right. It has a fast take-off and brakes on reef ending in a deep water canal. It is at its best at low tide but it can break at high tide with a swell. T-Land Resort offers you the best access to both the T-Land and the Bommie waves.
- Boa - this right peak is 10 minutes away by motorbike or similar, it can be reached by boat too. This is a powerful wave with a fast take off and a good tube section. It breaks at mid tide. It is best with mild wind, early in the morning and just after the sunset. It's rare to find people riding it..
- Peanuts - just before getting to Boa, you find an inhabited white-sand beach. A right point is breaking on reef here. It is also rare to find surfers here.
- Suckies - 10 minutes away by boat and named after the village where it is located. A short and good-fun right. Intense, powerful and with nice gaps at low tide. It gets easier to handle at mid and high tide. Not a soul to be seen here either.
- Do'o - located right by a gorgeous uninhabited island. Do'o offers us a very good tube section. It brakes with Southern sea and Southwest winds. You get the most powerful tubes in dry season at mid tide but it is advisable to surf it at mid and full tide to avoid getting too close to the reef. During this season it is at its best early in the morning with mild wind.
- Secret spots - there are also other world-class waves, both left and right ones. Depending on the direction of the sea and the wind, they move along the coast to find the best conditions. Beaches with crystal-clear waters, white-sand islands stranded in the middle of the ocean... They will let you into all these secrets.
- Kitesurfing (to be developed)
- Fishing (to be developed)
- Bike rent.
- Visits to local village.
- Visits to other villages by motorbike or bus (to be developed)
- Visits to the local market by motorbike or bus (to be developed)
- Excursions to islands:
- Surf movies
- Photo and video shows from the day's surfing
- Board games
|7 nights||Surfer (5% OFF)||Bungalow||AU$1,663||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|7 nights||Non-surfer (5% OFF)||Bungalow||AU$1,520||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages. Packages can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online" to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
All above prices include 5% off, which is applicable for all bookings 60 days before travel. If you book within 60 days of the trip, please note that the following full prices apply:
Regular 2018 Pricing:
- Surfer: 175 US$/per night (double rooms)
- Non Surfer: 160 US$/per night (double rooms)
- Child 2-11 years old sharing with two adult: 60 US$/per night
- Child under 2 years old: FREE
- Single room: 80 US$ extra fee (depend on availability we could offer special price without extra cost)
- Book 60 days or more before travel, score 5% OFF the regular pricing.
- Group promotion: Book a minimum 7 nights for more than 6 people: get 1 night free
- Transfers by car from the port or airport of Ba'a to T-land Resort (for a minimum of 6 nights and two people).
- Rooms fully equipped with the possibility of double beds or two single beds (cot available for children under 2 years).
- 3 daily meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Drinks: mineral water, tea and coffee.
- SURFERS: Unlimited surf transfers to the two main waves of T-Land and Bommie.
- Internet: Free WiFi internet one hour per day.
- 11% tax required by the Indonesian Government.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Peter Larrieu (October 2017)
Trip was bloody fantastic. Accommodation spot on. Well looked after by management and staff at resort
Volant (November 2016)
T land Surf resort staff super friendly and accommodating, resort excellent. Surf great as well although a little crowded at times.
Craig (October 2016)
T LAND WAS AMAZING , GREAT RESORT, HOSTS WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL, BUNGALOWS NEAT AND COMFORTABLE, FOOD WAS FANTASTIC AND OF COURSE THE SURF WAS AMAZING SURFED AS MUCH AS I COULD , DEFERENTIALLY FELT LIKE I WAS SURFED OUT BY LAST DAY, ALREADY WANT TO GO BACK
Mick (August 2016)
So glad that we booked our recent surf trip through The Perfect Wave. Our trip to T-land was fantastic. Everything was organised so well and we didn't have to worry about a thing. This resulted in a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The bonus was that we had great waves every day. Can't wait to book our next surf trip and I will definitely contact The Perfect Wave to organise it.
Alvis (June 2015)
Getting to T-Land was a bit of a mission, but worth it for the relaxed village setting of the resort. The food was basically too good. After looking at many delicious piglets running around the villages I was considering ordering a whole roast pig at a local restaurant with the other guests but had to admit that there was not much point if the resort food was so good. Our boat was usually the first out to the break and last in, so we T-Land guests had the place to ourselves at times, but even when there were 20+ people out there were plenty of waves and I my surfing definitely progressed. I would strongly consider coming back.
Geoff (May 2014)
T-Land was absolutely fantastic. The Spanish owners were very friendly and genuine. No trouble at all organizing a boat to another surf break which we had to ourselves. The food was terrific, love Indonesian. Having stayed at the other name resort twice before, I reckon T-Land is a tick above them. I wouldn't hesitate to return. Thoroughly recommend them.Thanks Perfect Wave for a great trip.
Paul (August 2013)
Great waves, beautiful people, fantastic food, great service in luxurious Paradise