One of the Mentawai's best value surf camps, Beng Bengs is in the heart of the Playgrounds Region and offers E-Bay left out the front. All inclusive packages including great meals and surf transfers. The rooms have been improved going into 2018 season, with a/c fitted in as well as a hot shower in one of the bathrooms.
Beng Bengs Surf Camp Mentawai is located in the heart of the Playgrounds region, with a world-class wave E-Bay out the front.
One of the best value options in the Mentawai, Beng Bengs offers all-inclusive packages with great local and western-style meals.
A beautiful, traditional Mentawai House comfortably accommodates groups of up to 10. The 4-bedroom house offers 2 double rooms and 2 bunk rooms. The rooms have a/c and all beds have mosquito nets fitted.
The accommodation is built in a beautiful traditional Mentawai timber house of 170 square meters. This private, 4-bedroom guesthouse can cater for maximum 10 people with 2 double rooms, and the other 2 rooms have bunk beds.
Going into 2018 season, the rooms are fitted in with air-conditioning, mosquito nets and electricity outlets plugs, and all bed linen is provided. Bathroom facilities are in a separate shower and toilet block. One of the bathrooms has hot showers.
Surf & Other Activities
Beng Bengs offers easy access to the world class waves of the playgrounds region including:
E Bay: One of the most perfect lefts in the Mentawai, paddle out from the resort. A long, hollow wave that can barrel from take off
Kandui Lefts: World Class left barrels for up to 300 metres. On bigger swells this wave throws out unrelenting tube sections.
Burgerworld: A long, playful right on the same island as Beng Bengs
Pitstops: Another fun right with easy take off and rippable walls
Beng Bengs: Actually a 10 minute walk up the beach or just 2 minutes in the boat, a fun high performance walling wave
Nipussi: Super consistent right. Big take offs in to fun walls
Bank Vaults: Handles the bigger swells, 2 long barreling sections, breaks on all tides
Hideaways: Consistent perfect left, best on mid to higher tides
Little Nias: Palm fringed bay and hollow rights reminds of its namesake
Rifles: One of the greatest waves on earth. Big, long tubes. Must surf
Pistols: Rifles little brother further down the reef, will still barrel from take off in to a long wall
4 Bobs: Short fun right, great if looking fore something user friendly
A Frames; consistent, fun, beautiful
|7 nights||Beng Bengs Surf Camp||Package||AU$1,612||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for you requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Online to email us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Every surfer visiting the Mentawai is required to pay the Mentawai Regional Government Surfer Tax of IDR 1,000,000 for 15 days surfing in the region. This is normally paid on arrival in cash (Indonesian Rupiah) and collected by the local operator before departing Padang. You will be issued a wristband with dates. Please ensure you have this for your entire stay in the Mentawai.
All inclusive package for minimum booking of 3 people. Please ask us for an individual quote for 1 or 2 people.
- Padang airport pick up.
- Hotel/harbor transfer.
- Ferry tickets.
- Loading the boards in the ferry costs.
- Fast boat transfer service to the resort.
- 3 meals per day.
- 2 daily surfing boat trips.
- WiFi Connection: 10 USD per hour
- Internet Full Package: 50 USD per week
- Beers, soft drinks, juices, energy drinks, extra meals, laundry.
- Mentawai surf tax (IDR 1 million) paid on arrival in Padang.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.