Padang Padang Bali Surf Camp is architect-designed and newly built, run by surfers for surfers. Located near the Balinese Pipeline, there are a variety of breaks nearby suitable for surfers of all standards. Padang Padang and dreamy Dreamland have beautiful white sand beaches which are suitable for swimming, snorkelling and other water sports. Uluwatu is very near and a visit to the temple is a cultural highlight & Bingin village is a 2 minutes walk from the resort.
For those who have always wanted to try surfing, the surf instructors will choose the right location according to your ability. The lesson will begin in the swimming pool or on the beach, with the instructor advising on how to handle the board, paddle out, catch waves and stand up.
No wetsuit is required as the water temperature is warm year round. You can bring your own surfboard or rent an appropriate sized board from the surf school. They cater for all standards of surfer from beginner to advanced.
You can arrange to have surfing lessons in the mornings only, or for both morning & afternoon surf sessions. Depending on your age and general level of fitness, we recommend you spend at least 2 hours surfing every day of your vacation, to maximise the potential for improvement. Individual instruction is available if required, but please note that the maximum group size per instructor is only 4 persons.
Padang Padang Surf camp consists of 2 villas. Each villa is separate and has its own upstairssmall open plan lounge with views of the surrounding lush tropical vegetation.
- 4 bedrooms in each villa.
- Each bedroom has a double bed, so mates not keen on sharing a bed should get their own room!
- Television/DVD player.
- Air conditioning available at extra cost.
- Hot showers.
- Maid service is included.
If you are booking a single room of the villa, instead of the whole villa, you can choose from :
- Standard room - which is one of the rooms on the ground floor of the villa with share bathroom.
- Deluxe Room - upstairs master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, large open air lounge area, hammock, and TV/DVD.
Surf & Other Activities
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
Breaks within walking distance of the resort include Bingin (perfect barrel), Impossibles (long screaming rides), Dreamland (perfect A-frame left & rights) and Padang Padang.
A 10-minute drive gets you to world famous Uluwatu or the more mellow Balangan. Within 20 minutes from the resort are various classic right handers including Nyang-Nyang, Green Balls, Nusa Dua & Sri Lanka. There are also many other waves in the area: Kuta beach, Kuta reef, Airport left & rights, Sanur reef, Ketewel, Turtle Island, Keramas & a few more we probably shouldn't mention. If they take you there, you have to swear not to tell a soul!
They get consistent waves year round. When the west coast of the Bukit is onshore they are in easy reach of the east cost. Always surf. Always offshore. Due to the variety of breaks, they can find waves appropriate for you whether this is riding triple overhead outside corners at Uluwatu, or waist high beach break for beginners and learning surfers (Balinese Pipeline).
|7 nights||Standard Fan Room (2pax share)||Double room||AU$622||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|14 nights||Standard Fan Room (2pax share)||Double room||AU$1,194||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|7 nights||Premium Air-con Room (2pax share)||Double room||AU$771||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|14 nights||Premium Air-con Room (2pax share)||Double room||AU$1,467||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|7 nights||Deluxe Room (2pax share)||Double room||AU$895||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
|14 nights||Deluxe Room (2pax share)||Double room||AU$1,716||Per person||01 Jan-01 Jan|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Prices are based on double room. Please contact us for single room rate.
- These are example packages. Package duration and inclusions can be adjusted to cater for your individual requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- The minimum stay is 4 nights.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email
us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
- Airport Transfers - To and from the airport is included. No hassle meet and greet at the airport. The surf camp is only a 30-40 minute drive from Denpasar international airport.
- Transportation - A reliable and trustworthy driver to the beach, several times per day. Daily excursions to nearby tourist destinations (except saturday and not after 7pm)
- Surf Guides - To the best waves in the area, every day. Top local surfers who will help you find the best waves.
- Breakfast - Fresh cut fruit & hot food are waiting for you after the morning session.
- Lunch - Western & Indonesian food served at the surf camp after morning surf. Freshly baked cakes offered most days at 4pm.
- Dinner - Usually go to local restaurants. 1 free fish BBQ a week is included.
- Drinks - Free flow coffee and tea. Fruit juice & soft drinks are free at meal times.
- Rooms - All bedrooms are private: Standard fan, Standard air-con, Deluxe with fan or air-con or superior room with air-con.
- Bathrooms - All bedrooms are private and have private en-suite bathrooms, with hot showers.
- Facilities - TV/DVD player with latest movies. Tennis court. Swimming pool.
- Wifi - Internet hot spot. Free broadband Wifi internet access in most areas of surf camp.
- Satellite TV - International news, English language TV programs, sport & movies.
- Video / Photographed sessions - Every morning we take surfing photos or video and will provide at least 2 photo/video analysis sessions per week to identify problems with your surfing technique, and propose the solution. Our photographer captures the best of the action for our daily surf report. High quality Video and Photos are free and given to you on a disc at end of your stay.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
Other Surf Experiences
Sheldon (June 2015)
Awesome camp for single surfer or group. The camp provides excellant guidance for experienced surfers and great opportunity for beginners. I will be recommending to all my friends.
Hello Rhonda, We had a great time, Eena and the staff at Padang Padang were really helpful and friendly. The surf camp set up was awesome. We did get some good waves at Ulu's and Nusa Dua which made it all worthwhile. Thankyou for all your help as it was much appreciated. Bali Bagus. Dylan
Experience Begun: April 2009
Created on: Friday 1 April 2011
Richie, Just wanted to write to thank you for the arrangements you made for our recent trip to Bali. We had a great time - arriving back yesterday. Just thought I'd provide some feedback on Padang Padang Surf Camp... The hosts/owners (Ena and Andrew) were fantastic. The guides were very experienced and knowledgeable and were great characters. The trip was all we we hoping for - Brett and Joel had some great surfing (although Joel snapped his board!) and I had a very relaxing time. The food was very good and the facilities were great. The owner, Andrew, asked me about you as he said you seemed very efficient. I confirmed his thoughts and told him that I would highly recommend you as a travel agent. I told him you were very knowledgeable about the camp (having stayed there before) and that you were able to answer all of my (many) questions. Again, thanks for all the running around you did. I will have no hesitation referring people to you for these types of holidays. RegardsLeah Denniss-Hall & Brett Turner
Experience Begun: November 2009
Created on: Thursday 9 September 2010
Thought I'd let you know that we had an awesome time in Bali!!!Our first experience was the roads! they're crazy drivers! no road rules or anything! loved it!the camp was the best! just what u want on a surfing trip! so relaxed.The food was so cheap as well as the beers and the surfing was crazy! had such a ball didnt want to leave, its just got a great vibe to the place everyones happy and having a great time.We met people from all over the world, got contacts in france UK south africa and made some friends in Bali.it was such a great experience im thinking bout goin back there in dec as i have 2 weeks off then!oh and we went out in kuta a couple of times and that place is crazy!! hahaThanks for all your help!cheers Sam
Experience Begun: July 2009
Created on: Thursday 11 February 2010
Richie,Just wanted to write to thank you for the arrangements you made for our recent trip to Bali.We had a great time - arriving back yesterday.Just thought I'd provide some feedback on Padang Padang Surf Camp... The hosts/owners (Ena and Andrew) were fantastic. The guides were very experienced and knowledgeable and were great characters. The trip was all we hoping for - Brett and Joel had some great surfing (although Joel snapped his board!) and I had a very relaxing time. The food was very good and the facilities were great.The owner, Andrew, asked me about you as he said you seemed very efficient. I confirmed his thoughts and told him that I would highly recommend you as a travel agent. I told him you were very knowledgeable about the camp (having stayed there before) and that you were able to answer all of my (many!!) questions.Again, thanks for all the running around you did. I will have no hesitation referring people to you for these types of holidays.RegardsLeah & Brett