The school teaches beginners to elite surfers - currently training Australian Champions and World Title finalists such as Laura Enever and Davey Cathals. The school prides itself on having instructors that love surfing, that have and still do surf in surfing contests, and have a natural enthusiasm whilst teaching surfing. A high percentage of the instructors are current and ex-professional surfers. Matt and his team love nothing better than surfing big, perfect waves together at home and overseas. So grab that wetsuit, wax up your board and hit the surf with Manly Surf School!
In the company of Matt Grainger and his team of friendly, Surfing Australia qualified instructors, they make it as fun and easy as possible. Matt himself has been teaching surfing since 1983 and is more than qualified with many years experience competing in pro events as well as being Coaching Director of the school as well as NSW Head Coaching Director, NSW State Surfing Champion, Northern Beaches Surfing Champion, Surfing Australia Level 1 Presenter, Level 2 Coach, Co-ordinator of the Worlds Biggest Wavepool - Sunway Lagoon and Northern Beaches Head Surf Coach. All Manly Surf School/Sydney Surf School staff and instructors are Surfing Australia Level 1 and Level 2 accredited holders of advanced resuscitation, senior first aid and bronze medallion certification. All instructors have 15 years minimum surfing experience, minimum 5 years coaching experience, tertiary qualifications in teaching and competition experience in professional and amateur surfing events.
Manly Surf School exclusively use the soft, fun, safe surfboards named Softboards. The boards are constructed from A-grade polyethethylene with a high density slick bottom, non rash decking material and soft fins. Softboards provide a completely safe surfing experience compared to hard fibreglass surfboards. They also provide quality wetsuits to keep you warm and comfortable all year round. These are made by the industry leaders in wetsuit design and manufacturing and their wetsuits are soft, flexible and easy to wear even if you've never worn a wetsuit before.
Manly Surf School runs classes every day. The classes cater to all levels of ability, fitness and age. The program focuses on teaching the skills of surfing and how to handle yourself and your surfboard in the ocean.
You will have a stack of fun on the way. You can do one lesson or 10, it is up to you as everyone is different. You can do group lessons or private lessons, or both. Manly Surf School instructors are there to help you learn and provide advice on all questions related to surfing. And they hope that you will love surfing as much as they do.
Spend a day surfing on Sydney's Northern beaches. They pick up from the city, then travel to the Northern Beaches in search of the best available waves.
The trip from Manly along the Northern Beaches is very cool and the scenery quite spectacular in places. Manly is the entertainment centre for the Northern Beaches, but there are restaurants and cafes on the beach at Dee Why, Collaroy, Newport and Palm Beach. Other beaches include Whale Beach, Avalon Beach, Bilgola Beach, Bungan Beach, Mona Vale Beach, Warriewood Beach, Turimetta Beach, Narrabeen Beach, Curl Curl Beach and Freshwater Beach - all with their own charms.
AFTER SCHOOL SURFING SESSIONS
STAND UP PADDLE SURFING LESSONS
Whatever you want to call it - Stand Up Paddle surfing, Standup, SUP surfing or Beach Boy surfing, this section is dedicated to the 'pure stoke' that they simply call - Paddle Surfing!
Paddle Surfing adds a whole new dimension to riding waves, or just exploring Sydney's great coastline. With a big fitness benefit, Paddle Surfing has plenty of people (including top surfers) learning a whole new way to play in the ocean.
Paddle Surfing offers a major ‘all-body’ workout which is low impact and heaps of fun. So whether you want to learn to surf, rip in waves or just paddle around your favourite waterway they can help you get out on the water and into the right gear. Matt G is Surfing NSW head SUP coach and trainer of all SUP instructors training for accreditation required by surf schools in Australia! Getting started is easy with the right advice and the right equipment.
Surf & Other Activities
- All equipment including surfboard suited to your abilities. For beginners they use soft, stable surfboard which are easy to balance, paddle, stand & surf on.
- Wetsuits and rash vests.
- Professional and friendly surf instruction.
- Change rooms and showers.
- Storage for your valuables.
- Learn about the history of surfing, and surfing in Sydney, with local surfers Scott Romain, Matt Grainger, Shane Conwell, Zahn Foxton and Christo Hall.
- You'll then drive to the best waves on the beaches for a 90min lesson.
- Followed by a gourmet lunch
- Back into the waves for another 90min lesson.
- Then head back to Manly or City in the afternoon.
- They provide all the gear you need to get you through the whole day so all you need to do is book in and be ready for a day of surfing on one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline on earth!
2 Day Learn to Surf Package
- 3 surf lessons (Surf Tour on Saturday + surf lesson Collaroy/Long Reef on Sunday)
- 2 nights accommodation (Friday + Saturday nights)
- Dinner Friday night
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings
- BBQ dinner Saturday night.
- Beach Volleyball Sunday afternoon
3 Night Weekend Package
- 3 surf lessons (Surf Tour on Saturday + surf lesson Collaroy/Long Reef on Sunday).
- 2 nights accommodation (Friday + Saturday nights).
- Dinner Friday night.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- BBQ dinner Saturday night.
- Beach Volleyball Sunday afternoon.
- Dinner on Sunday Night + additional Surf Lesson at Manly Beach Monday Morning.
'Stay and Surf' Packages
Further 1 night & 2 night options are provided:
- 1 nights accommodation, dinner + breakfast with surf lesson.
- 2 nights accommodation + 1 surf lesson + free surfboard hire.
(Note: Surf Tour + 1 or 2 nights includes dinner & breakfast)
STAND UP PADDLE LESSONS
- Advanced training
- Corporate days, birthday parties, private groups
- Boards provided 9’ - 12’6”
- Wetsuits all sizes provided
- All ages all levels
- Lessons at multiple locations: on flat water and in the surf
- Accredited professional instructors licensed by Surfing Australia
|1 night||Day Tour - 2 days||Package||AU$240||Per person||01 Jan-31 Dec|
|5 nights||Adult 10 Surf Lessons Package||Package||AU$390||Per person||01 Jan-31 Dec|
|5 nights||Child 10 Surf Lessons Package||Package||AU$350||Per person||01 Jan-31 Dec|
- Prices above are per person prices, and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Here" or "On Special" to email
us or call us to speak with one of our friendly surf travel specialists.
Day Tour Inclusions:
- All gears
Surf Lessons Package Inclusions:
- All equipment including surfboard suited to your abilities. For beginners we use soft, stable surfboard which are easy to balance, paddle, stand & surf on
- Wetsuits and rash vests
- Professional and friendly surf instruction
- Change rooms and showers
- Storage for your valuables
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.